Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Eustace is ON FIRE!! 😀 ... Really?

Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I think Will Poulter's acting portrayal of Eustace will be ON FIRE!
BUT *Spoiler Warning* from this link --
http://www.mundonarnia.com/portal/brasi ... e-vpa.html

it looks like Eustace

Thoughts? Opinions? Explanations?

~Riella

Topic starter Posted : November 26, 2010 5:01 pm
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Signature by Ithilwen/Avatar by Djaq
Member of the Will Poulter is Eustace club
Great Transformations-Eustace Scrubb

Posted : November 26, 2010 5:52 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Aslan is next to him... so...

as my friend wolfy pointed out in the chat room, this is probably how Dragon Eustace gets un-dragoned...

Maybe it's supposed to remind us of what I think is a scripture (though I can't remember which one) that I believe says something along the lines that God purifies us through fire? Hmm...

Or maybe he set himself on fire, trying to burn his own skin away? Like the way he tried to pull it off in the book?

~Riella

Topic starter Posted : November 26, 2010 6:32 pm
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

There is also trial by fire which is like the purifying by fire idea.

Posted : November 26, 2010 8:33 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

As EJ said already I'm pretty sure this is how he'll be undragoned, someone who saw the movie said it was different that the book, but really interesting- I like the idea...although it'd be even better if they included somewhere that he tries but can't do it himself.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : November 27, 2010 10:44 am
LessThanGold
(@lessthangold)
NarniaWeb Regular

So he sets himself on fire?

Maybe the skin just gets burned away... *Has an image of Aslan breathing fire.* :-o But I prefer Eustace+Jill's thought. :)

Posted : November 28, 2010 8:44 am
beloved
(@beloved)
NarniaWeb Nut

Spoiler
Well the tearing off of the skin was to be painful but it may be very well impossible to pull that off visually. Fire would be a painful way to remove the skin and has that biblical point of the Refiner's Fire (I think it's in Psalms) like Eustace+Jill is saying. As long as the point of grace is brought across I really don't mind if this is how it's done.

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-" -Emeth

Posted : November 28, 2010 5:22 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I'm actually starting to like the idea... seeing the dragon on fire... his skin burns away... and the Eustace we know and love (Will Poulter) is seen standing underneath it all...

It might end up being a really sweet, cool kind of scene if that's the direction they're going.

~Riella

Topic starter Posted : November 28, 2010 6:50 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Keep in mind, this is a PG rated movie... I highly doubt they would show a character on fire.

Posted : November 29, 2010 1:01 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Actually, they appear to have two characters on fire, the sea serpent and the dragon. I think it's just short enough, and not-bloody enough, so it can keep its PG rating

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : November 29, 2010 11:42 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I don't think it would change the rating to have them on fire. The fire isn't torturing them to death or anything. And they are definitely on fire -- you can see they are in the previews we've seen. :)

~Riella

Topic starter Posted : November 29, 2010 2:52 pm
stateofgreen
(@stateofgreen)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think the creatures will be on fire, but when Eustace is back to his new self I hope it's more like the book where he walks towards Edmund and is recognized....basically like how Edmund walked towards his sibs after that private chat with Aslan in LWW. At least I can hope. :)

Posted : November 29, 2010 6:17 pm
Share: