Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Ye Ole Talk Like A Pirate Day

OurDLF
(@ourdlf)
NarniaWeb Regular

Avast there, me hearties! Today be International Talk Like A Pirate Day once again! Come aboard, and gimme yer best arrrrgh!

DLFearful
First Mate of the dread pirate ship Nostalgia

NWSO Principle 2nd Violin & Founder
Veteran Ditto Fountaineer & Mansionite
Humble Knight of the Order of the Spoiler Free Monasterie (Incorruptus!)

Topic starter Posted : September 19, 2019 4:03 am
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

I once wrote a story called "The True Story of Rapunzel" for a Grade 2 class to illustrate on TLaP Day. It was really the story of a pirate princess named Repelzel. That's as close as I've ever come to celebrating the day.

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

Posted : September 19, 2019 5:17 am
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

Arr, 'tis nice to see a fellow pirate's face!
The first contact I had with this fine holiday was when my family went to a pirate themed restaurant called The Queen Anne's Revenge (after Blackbeard's flagship)... and we happened by sheer luck to go there on September 19th! As one might imagine, they were feeling a little extra festive there, and they had live music and free eye-patches for all! Sadly, the place shut down a few years ago, so it was a one-time experience. :(
Since then, it has been me custom to dress up in pirate attire for at least a brief portion of the day. Maybe I'll play some hornpipes later...
And don't forget to check out Long John Silver's freebie today! If ye talk like a pirate, you get a one-piece fish meal. If ye dress like a pirate, you get a two-piece fish meal! If ye smell like a pirate, they'll probably throw you out! :D
'Tis time to splice the mainbrace, lads and lasses! Yo ho ho and a bottle of... :-s ... root beer. :D

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

Posted : September 19, 2019 9:07 am
Share: