Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Video games

Page 68 / 69
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@Arwen_Daeneri31 I'm glad to see someone else here who plays FFXIV! I am on the Exodus server.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2020 6:31 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Meanwhile, I got Pokemon Shield for my birthday. Years and years ago I played like the second game that came out where you start with Charizard, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle..... When I played that, I remember it was the time when looking up all the secrets on the internet was kind of a new thing, so I did a full walkthrough of the online suggestions, used all the best suggested pokemon, etc etc. And for me, it made the game not all that fun. This time around I'm doing my best to avoid looking things up, though I'm surprised at how much is coming back to me from when I played that other pokemon game 15-20 years ago.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 5, 2020 7:02 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Over the last two weeks my little brother and I played through Medal of Honor: Allied Assault and both expansion packs Spearhead and Breakthrough. It was his first playing Spearhead and Breakthrough. We had so much fun together, it just might have been driving everyone else a little crazy. :D Since little brother was on Christmas break from school, we didn't set a time limit when we played and we played through Spearhead in a single afternoon/evening. B-)

We might play through the early Call of Duty games next.

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 6, 2020 7:24 am
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

Well, lockdown has broadened my gaming horizons a bit... I just got Mount and Blade: Warband and played for the first time today!
The graphics aren't impressive, but it's from 2007, so I'm not expecting much in that department. But the combat is very realistic and the buildings,weapons and clothing look like they were pulled right out of the actual Middle Ages, despite the game being set in a fantasy universe. I feel like it provides a cool insight into the experience of fighting in a dense crowd: something other games I've played tend to lack. By far the most realistic medieval combat game I've ever played!

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2020 10:05 am
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons. I've never played an Animal Crossing game before but it's really cute.

"Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you!"
- Dr. Seuss

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 6, 2020 9:18 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

My little brother and I played through Call of Duty 1 and United Offensive, and Call of Duty 2 earlier this year. Lately he's been playing Battlefield 2 on my computer, I've just been watching him.

The next time my older brother visits, he is going to bring his Xbox One that he no longer uses. :D And he going to bring Call of Duty 3, which I don't have, but had come very close to buying. I'm not sure what other games he still has for it besides the Halo collection, but most of my Xbox 360 games will work with the Xbox One. B-)

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 9, 2020 8:49 am
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I find it hard to believe I haven’t mentioned this yet, but I have been playing Lord of the Rings Online for a few months now. Anyone else on NarniaWeb play that game? Believe it or not, it is actually helping me to connect with Tolkien’s source material, and that is a compliment to any adaptation.

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 25, 2020 1:30 pm
AstroWolfD
(@astrowolfd)
Member Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @movie-aristotle

I find it hard to believe I haven’t mentioned this yet, but I have been playing Lord of the Rings Online for a few months now. Anyone else on NarniaWeb play that game? Believe it or not, it is actually helping me to connect with Tolkien’s source material, and that is a compliment to any adaptation.

wolfloversk and I are LotRo FANATICS lol. We've been playing since 2012. Been absent for a little while, but getting back into it 🙂 We're on Landroval.

In other news, Wolfy and I have been into some other mmos recently, specifically Elder Scrolls Online and World of Warcraft. Having a lot of fun with both! 😀 

Sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk
AROOOOOOO!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2020 4:52 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @astrowolfd

In other news, Wolfy and I have been into some other mmos recently, specifically Elder Scrolls Online and World of Warcraft. Having a lot of fun with both! 😀 

You forgot to mention the single player games... 😉  I've been watching Astro play Persona 5, meanwhile I've been (carefully) enjoying the early access Subnautica: Below Zero and Planet Zoo.  

Planet Zoo is really cool, I like it better than the last and the original Zoo Tycoon, but it's still doesn't quite match the level of Zoo Tycoon 2.  I miss one on one animal care 😛  However it's a nice modernized version of the general zoo management games (although it is pricey 0.0).

Subnautica is the only game that really competes with Zoo Tycoon 2 for the top spot on my favorites list so far.  I really recommend the original game if you are into sandbox survival.  When I was younger I used to dream of taking an expedition to the deep sea so it's pretty much my ideal game 😛  It's a bit scary, even though it's technically not a horror game, but it'd have most people fooled.

Also, I've been playing The Long Dark recently.  It's a truly beautiful game.  I caught up with the story so far and can't wait for more.  I'm enjoying the new mapping system.  That's third on my favorites list right now, followed by Skyrim, and then a few different games compete for spot number 5, but for today I'll give it to Breath of the Wild.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 7, 2020 5:07 pm
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

I've recently started Medal of Honor:Airborne and am very impressed with it. The tactics employed are very close to what real WWII soldiers would have used (like using grenades to clear a room) and the uniforms are very accurate (I appreciate the fact that the Germans aren't all wearing gray coats and helmets).

The D Day Mission was probably the best so far... mainly because I got to use an antitank gun to blow up a Panzer. LOL  

Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 17, 2020 4:33 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

@cleander, my little brother and I have been talking about playing Medal of Honor: Airborne, but the weather has been so nice we haven't wanted to be inside to play it. As I recall for playing it years ago, it's a great game.

When I updated the Xbox One on the 30th, I tried playing Splinter Cell: Double Agent for about half an hour, but I couldn't get the hang of controls. I think for now if I decide to play a video game I might just play through Spinter Cell: Conviction or Call of Duty: Ghosts again. I have been wanting to play Call of Duty: Ghosts all the way through again plus I haven't played it on the Xbox One.

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2020 12:14 pm
mm1991
(@mm1991)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I got Two Point Hospital on the steam sale and I've been playing it pretty much nonstop. It's a cute little game where you manage hospitals. It's funny. Though it's one of those games where I look up from the computer and all of a sudden it's 4 hours later! Blush  

- Dr. Seuss

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 3, 2020 10:08 pm
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

The Steam sale bore some fruit for me as well... I finally got the Age of Empires II Definitive Edition and just started installing it! Can't wait to get into it... hopefully tomorrow. (I actually had to uninstall Skyrim to make room for it... I think my computer memory breathed an audible sigh of relief! Giggle Giggle )

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 6, 2020 9:52 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Does anyone here play The Long Dark?  I've been enjoying the Winter's Embrace event.  I got the Winter in July Badge!  I still am working on the Canadian Feast Badge.  Been finding lots of ketchup chips, but not a lot of maple syrup.  I'm on my second save/game for the event right now... the first one my character survived 32 days, but then I got too close to a moose to get a cattail stalk.... in a blizzard... without firewood 😛   On the bright side I technically survived the moose attack 😛 ...Technically... 😛  My first save I started in Milton/Mountain Town, but I decided to try Coastal Highway with my second save... I'm not sure which one technically has more buildings to find maple syrup in, but I find it a bit easier to get out of the Coastal Highway region and into other regions than the Mountain Town region (and I just wanted a change up :P)

*Has the sudden realization that you could probably use spray paint to navigate the coal mine...  how am I just thinking of that now? 😛

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2020 2:25 am
ericnovak
(@ericnovak)
NarniaWeb Guru

@wolfloversk it's been a while now, but I eventually got tired of it when I had stockpiled all of the resources in the game and was just surviving for days on end with all my supplies haha. Great game though, worth the play!

Request Access to the Chippingford Market: Narnia Buy & Sell

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2020 8:32 am
Page 68 / 69
Share: