Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Time to Say Goodbye to the Old Forum

Page 1 / 2
Tirian
(@tirian)
Member Admin

The old forum (so very old) is being permanently retired and will be bulldozed at the end of March 2015. So if you want to spend a last few days treading those hallowed halls, best get to it! :D

http://209.210.60.109/forum/

Still the Webmaster
Still Benevolent
Still a Dictator

Topic starter Posted : March 9, 2015 12:21 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I don't think I had a working password last time I visited.
Is it possible to gain one at this late stage?

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : March 10, 2015 6:04 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Don't need to do any reminiscing, but I wanted to say "thank you" to Tirian for preserving the old forum for such a long time after we moved for the sentimental folks. :)

Spareoom.net

Posted : March 10, 2015 7:57 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

Agreed with Gymmie. . . . . It's very sad to see it go, but I understand :(

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Posted : March 11, 2015 4:04 am
GlimGlum
(@glimglum)
Member Moderator

Goodbye Old Forum. :( Thanks for the memories. :)

Loyal2Tirian
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.

Posted : March 11, 2015 8:19 am
Aslan Fan
(@aslan-fan)
NarniaWeb Regular

So . . . are you redesigning it or are you just putting the Forum up for retirement for good . . . ?

Posted : March 15, 2015 5:08 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Aslan Fan, the original forum software and the old posts that were created on that software is what's going away. The current forum is not. Basically, it's time to clear out some storage space and in internet terms, the older stuff needs to be what goes.

Thanks for letting us know Tirian. I have a lot of good memories of that version of the forum. :)

Posted : March 16, 2015 6:12 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

For some more info Aslan Fan, Tirian redesigned the site some time in 2008 or 2009 (I forget which) to what you see right now. However they archived the original forum and site for all this time so that members could still see how it looked the day before the switch. They need more space so they are retiring that archive, not the site you are on right now ;)

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : March 21, 2015 6:10 am
coracle
(@coracle)

What is happening to the rest of the old site? I have started copying news stories etc but do I need to?

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : March 21, 2015 5:16 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

We transferred all of the old news stories to this software coracle. Everything should be here.

Posted : March 23, 2015 12:02 am
coracle
(@coracle)

That's what I was hoping. I collected a lot of early NZ stories, transcribed several TV news items, and took a few photos. Even featured in a few myself!

Posted : March 23, 2015 10:32 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

While I was never a member at the old forum, I loved lurking there and I shall miss it. Many thanks to Tirian for keeping it available for perusal all these years! I have enjoyed going back there and reminiscing a number of times. :)

Posted : March 25, 2015 7:37 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Love the old forum; love the new forum. Thank you, Tirian, for giving us this beloved 2nd home for these many years ... and for keeping the old place accessible all this time for sentimental visits now and then. :)

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : April 1, 2015 9:18 am
coracle
(@coracle)

Well, anything good I said or did there, it will be gone. Likewise any stupid things I said or did. And one or two unhappy experiences - gone.

Posted : April 12, 2015 10:39 pm
Dr Elwin Ransom
(@dr-elwin-ransom)
NarniaWeb Nut

I note the old forum is still up ...

Did the bulldozer break down?

Speculative Faith
Exploring epic stories for God's glory.
Blogs, guest authors, novel reviews, and features on hot fiction topics.

Posted : August 9, 2015 11:53 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: