Notifications
Clear all

Things that Make Your Day

Page 1 / 92
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Haha, well...

Seeing as we have a Things that Annoy You thread, it seems right to have a positive thread at things that make you really happy. :)

I'll think up a short list...sooner or later. ;))

For starters, new books are always a delight!

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 1, 2010 4:38 pm
Glenstorm the Great
(@glenstorm-the-great)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

The littlest things make my day. Someone just saying "lol" to something I said or giving me a :) or make me very happy. Anything little like that. Or suprises. And one thing that makes me especially happy is when someone understands me (or at least part of me :p ). Like why I like a certain song or book or why I don't like cheesecake or Twilight ( ;) ). Or when someone doesn't make fun of my allergies and general nerd-iness :p .

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2010 4:47 pm
stardf29
(@stardf29)
NarniaWeb Nut

This thread.

(Specifically, that someone actually posted a thread about the nice things that happen, instead of just complaining about the bad things. :) )

"A Series of Miracles", a blog about faith and anime.

Avatar: Kojiro Sasahara of Nichijou.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2010 4:47 pm
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Hmm...
A good book
Quality time with friends
Interesting discussions
LOST
Food ;)
Colourful Autumn leaves
Knowing I'm loved by God, family and friends

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2010 5:09 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

1. watching futurama(also finding out their will be a new season in june after the last finished in 2003)
2. sewing
3. Art in general
4. Getting answers right
5. spending time with my friends shopping and watchign movies

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2010 6:44 pm
Lion's Emblem
(@lions-emblem)
NarniaWeb Guru

Wow, it's nice to take a moment to think about the things that can really turn a day around:

1. A good joke
2. Completing a long art project with positive/uplifting results.
3. Hearing new VDT news.
4. A good book, movie, and/or t.v. episode
5. Finding a solution to a problem that has bothered me for a long time.
6. Receiving a nice piece of mail and/or hearing good news from a dear friend.

Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2010 7:07 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Having a warm sunny day - again - even though it's now the third month of autumn! (my cherry tree still most of its leaves and lots are green! weird)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2010 7:55 pm
narnian_at_heart
(@narnian_at_heart)
NarniaWeb Guru

1. Everyone hurrying in the locker rooms so I can leave my job early.
2. The temperature being only 75 -80% at the pool instead of 86 - 90 when I'm working.
3. Snow
4. Playing the piano
5. Someone calling me on the phone
6. Getting e-mails
7. Checking the mail and there being something for me in there.
8. Sunshine (where I live, it's frequently cloudy. It'll sometimes be a nice warm day but it's cloudy so sun is nice)
9. Dancing to music!!!
10. iTune's free single of the week being a song that I actually like (that's only been twice in the past sixth months are so)
11. No one being home so I can crank my music up and dance and sing out loud.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2010 8:05 pm
StudyMate
(@studymate)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hmm...

Things that make my day include, but are not limited to, the following:

1. Finding a handwritten letter in the mail addressed to me!
2. Finding a letter in the mail for me.
3. Finding mail.
4. Written messages in general, on sticky-notes, normal notes, text messages, wall posts, nice long emails....for me, words that express thoughtfulness make my day. :D
3. Crisp apple strudel, and schnitzel with noodles :p (actually I take that last bit back, who has noodles with their schnitzel anyway?)
3 1/2. Corny jokes! [see above point for clarification]
4. Brown paper packages tied up with string (my modern day equivalent would be brown paper boxes that deliver your internet shopping)
5. A good book and movie; or a combination of the two blended to perfection totally makes my day.
6. Finding that quirky piece that made sorting through the other things in an op-shop worth it!
7. A nice, hot cup of coffee on a generally miserable day.
8. Strangers who smile back at you when you pass by them.
9. Cute elderly couples crossing the street.

Lion'sEmblem: ...Finding a solution to a problem that has bothered me for a long time.

Yes and yes. Totally day-making material. :)

Love is the answer
At least for most of the questions
In my heart. Like why are we here?
And where do we go? And how come it's so hard?
~Jack Johnson

thanks to Lys for my avvy :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 1, 2010 9:27 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

1 Having dreams about Narnia
2 mint chocolate candy
3 Patchy & Daisy
4 Snow
5 sun
6 star gazing
7 catching a fish
8 seeing a new species of bird
9 going on a car ride
10 watching an awesome movie on tv

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 2, 2010 2:52 am
greenbird37
(@greenbird37)
NarniaWeb Nut

Being able to wake up to see another day, a smile from my children, being nice to people, giving to those in need! :)

"We have nothing if not belief"

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 2, 2010 5:49 am
The Pendragon
(@the-pendragon)
NarniaWeb Junkie

1. Getting an letter from a friend in the mail (they're always hand-written, which makes it extra special.)

2. A good conversation with a friend or my sister

3. Hanging out with my friends, or going shopping with them, or bike riding!m :)

4. Watching a movie or a show with my family.

5. Not having any homework! :D Or very little...

6. A new Narnia Podcast, Switchfoot Podcast, or Tenth Avenue North Webisode/ video. :)

7. When I find REALLY cool pictures or graphics of something I love online (like I did yesterday :) )

8. Discovering an amazing song!

9. No track, or a fun day at track! :p

10. Talking on the phone for hours and hours with a good friend. :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 2, 2010 7:45 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)
Member Moderator Emeritus

What REALLY makes my day:

1)Every time I get an email (that's not spam :P), or a post on my FB wall, or a comment on a picture on FB, I get cheered up :D

2)Having something amazing for supper

3)Something I'm really looking forward to on TV in the evening (or a movie to watch)

4)Getting good stuff in the mail (stuff I ordered online, magazines, catalouges, letters etc)

5)Shopping :D

6)When my favorite youtuber uploads a new video, or when one of my top blogs I follow make a new post. :D

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 2, 2010 8:05 am
Kate
 Kate
(@kate)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I agree with Frank. This thread is wonderful.

1)Getting mail from my family.
2)Getting a package!
3)Going grocery shopping (this only happens like once every two weeks).
4)Playing my guitar.
5)Hanging out with friends.
6)When one of my Bible Study members is honest with me about the ways God is moving in their life.
7)New music.
8)Blue skies and sunny weather.
9)Enjoying the beautiful natural surroundings.
10)A new book to read/finishing an old one.

Look what a wonderful celebration of life's little things this is!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 2, 2010 8:30 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

Seeing as we have a Things that Annoy You thread, it seems right to have a positive thread at things that make you really happy. :)

I'd been thinking about starting one but I couldn't think of a good subject. :p

Crisp apple strudel, and schnitzel with noodles :p (actually I take that last bit back, who has noodles with their schnitzel anyway?)

I don't know. Most of the time I see schnitzel offered with french fries. That's the way it came when I got in in Germany. When I read your post, that song got stuck in my head. :p

Here's my list (It isn't in any particular order)
[list=1]

• Watching the BBC's CoN, especially when someone else suggests it. :D (I'm actually watching VDT right now)[/*2gmefuab]
  • Watching Walden's Narnia[/*2gmefuab]
  • Being on NarniaWeb[/*2gmefuab]
  • Finding people I have something in common with, especially when it's something I didn't expect anyone to understand. Like in this quote by Lewis: "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one." [/*2gmefuab]
  • Getting new news, pictures, etc. about VDT[/*2gmefuab]
  • Snuggling with a cat (especially if it is Mystery because she doesn't often do it)[/*2gmefuab]
  • Reading a good book[/*2gmefuab]
  • When God answers my prayers /learning something new from the Bible[/*2gmefuab]
  • Getting emails / letters that are personal (i.e. not newsletters, ads, etc., but are specifically for me[/*2gmefuab]
  • When I haven't subbed somewhere in a while and a kid or kids come up and give me a hug and tell me they missed me[/*2gmefuab]
  • Finding that there is a dessert I like at a banquet, restaurant, party, etc.[/*2gmefuab][/list2gmefuab]

• NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

ReplyQuote
    Posted : May 2, 2010 10:00 am
    Page 1 / 92
    Share: