Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The Road Goes Ever On and On: Everything Tolkien

Page 108 / 108
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Spoiler
Beregond was from Gondor (Minas Tirith). He was in one of the Companies of the Citadel, and left his post to stop Denethor from burning Faramir alive on the pyre, but in so doing, he had to kill a couple (?) of guards who were standing in his way, refusing to let him through. He was very loyal to Faramir, and even though was sent away from Minas Tirith for the murders, he was made a Captain in Faramir's guard for his loyalty and courage. (I love that justice and mercy in Faramir!) He was also assigned to care for Pippin and teach him the ways of the city when Peregrin first arrived there, and then his son, Bergil, came to be Pippin's companion in those tense days.

EDIT: I've always been partial to Beregond and his son, enjoying the relationship between them and Pippin while the world was in such turmoil around them.

One name I quickly typed in for the quiz was

Spoiler
Ioreth
, who never fails to crack me up. :))

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Topic starter Posted : July 12, 2012 5:52 am
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

I forgot

Spoiler
Shadowfax
*headdesk* There were a few others (got 70/101), but that was the most glaringly obvious one. ;))

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : July 12, 2012 6:50 am
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

This thread has come to a close. I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil. ( ;) )

As we fans of Narnia and Tolkien know well, all journeys must come to an end, but never fear. This isn't the end; rather, it is the beginning. Here is a link to the new thread! (Thanks to Varnafinde for opening it!)

av by dot

Posted : July 12, 2012 9:11 am
Page 108 / 108
Share: