Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Page 120 / 125
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I've been doing 2 UUUs back-to-back - I made the mistake of not using Spring Stepping on my first attempt, and only got to TE11 while I had been hoping for 14. In my second attempt I'm less than a floor away from TE10, and I'm far better off than I was in the previous one. I got toothlets from Ronza and Rift Ultimate (Lucky) Power charms from GWH golems, and I've also had 5 auras over the last two weeks.

I got UCs from golems to Lost City with Ultimate potions, but I try to only use them on the TEs. I need more - where will you get yours from during LNY? I've suddenly also got enough Cores to buy most of the Codex of Valour pages.

Posted by: @gymfan15

bronzing the Wanted Poster bosses...significantly more tedious than I anticipated

I've finally finished bronzing mine - it must have taken me at least two or three years. What helped me, was a huntress needing someone to invite her to their posters. She wasn't worried about the bosses, she needed the Fool's Gold. She was my perfect deputy. Sometimes we shared the work, sometimes one of us did most of a poster on our own - but most important for me was the inspiration of having someone to share the Bounty Reward with and not have it go wasted. We're still friends and give each other GotD, and sometimes go on other maps together.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : February 2, 2022 12:50 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

@varna I had 4 Shattering from GWH that I used on the Shattered mice for triple chests, and then was able to craft one more Shattering from TC chests. So total 5 Shattering bosses this LNY which netted me 5 additional UC. Goal is between now and Easter, once vRift is done, I'll be trying to get as many Shattering charms as I can so I can play Shattering Egg roulette for more UC crafting, bronzing the bosses as I go. I just bronzed King Scarab this year which is the most annoying one; just 6 more Shattering charms to go for the rest!

Another thing of note that I've checked off for this LNY is using two Warpath Portal Projectors to net me 6 Artillery Strike boxes, which are just dead useful. I've always tried to keep one Portal Projector of each on hand just in case they add Eggs, and now I haven't got one for the Warpath, but I've got two Cores that I looted from GWH so I figure I can trade one of those for a Console if I need to. Word to the wise, if you EVER want to bronze the Artillery Commander mouse, do it during LNY! It's so much more worth it than any other time.

Haven't restarted my UUU yet but I'm at 22 bonus luck so far and I'll go back in when I have 30.

Spareoom.net

Posted : February 3, 2022 11:29 am
fantasia liked
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I have now passed the height I reached in my first UUU attempt - I gave up then during Floor 92, at 5821 steps, because I only had 30 hunts left, and they couldnt possibly take me to Floor 96.

During this run I had 109 hunts left at the same number of steps. In addition to the 50 new hunts I get from every TE, with the Spring Stepping I get moved forward 44 steps instead of 22 every time I catch a Terrified Adventurer, which is almost equivalent of getting 44 new hunts. It (plus some more auras) has made all the difference.

I still have several hundred various good charms lying around, as well as 355 toothlets for my Signature base. I'm also getting 50 bonus luck from my Lantern floating as high as it can. I assume that luck will disappear when the LNY ends, though. I'm hoping for both TE12 and TE13, possibly even better. It's definitely more fun!

I don't remember whether I bronzed the Artillery Commander mouse during LNY a couple of years ago - it's possible, as there could be a reason why I still own 25 Artillery Strike Launch Boxes Giggle  

When I see you planning playing Shattering Egg roulette, it makes me think of scrambled eggs Cool I haven't got any Shattering charms left, but I have bronzed all those bosses.

Edit (P.S.):

I've caught TE13 now (and with red candles, I've got 164 Cores of the Eclipse, after buying all the Codex pages). I think I have a fair chance of getting TE14 as well, but I'm less sure about TE15.

Posted : February 8, 2022 5:17 pm
fantasia liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I never reported on my CNY results. I did get the Slumbering Boulder Trap. Smile Only the Circlet of Pursuing to go and I'm officially done with the Floating Isles. I think I have like 47/65 of the Jewels so I'm very close. 

Hanging out at the birthday event. I was reminded the only reason I do this event is for Ultimate Charms. I think @Varna you were asking about Ultimate Charms a while back, this is where I get quite a few. 

Posted : March 3, 2022 9:17 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)

I didn't get a whole lot of Ultimate Charms from the Birthday event, but at least some. And a few other good charms as well.

And now I'm hunting for Eggs. I've only got one of the 7 new ones so far, the Century of Luck Egg. I should get all of them without too much trouble. I've already got all those that you can only get one of per year.

I'm working on getting Storm Cells at the moment. No point in going to the Sky Palace until I have at least a hundred. Perhaps more, as I need to do more runs for the new eggs that I want to find.

Posted : March 30, 2022 4:14 pm
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to try knocking out the Century of Luck Egg really quickly so I can get back to focusing on the Floating Islands. But I'm going to have to rack up some Storm Cells quickly to get my last ESP run in for the new eggs.

I'm not as active on MH these days. Fortunately the FI area seems to work very well for me playing passively.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : April 2, 2022 5:27 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I got my last new-to-me egg this morning so I'm done in terms of collecting all the eggs. I was not ready for the Egg Hunt this year and didn't even think to have a big pile of storm cells saved up, but honestly, they were probably better spent on the CNY event than the Egg Hunt. Hope so anyways. Giggle  

At the time of this post I only have 8 more Jewels to go before getting my final trap in the area and then being done! The plan is to finish the map I'm on, buy the rest of the Jewels from the Marketplace, and move on for the rest of the Egg Hunt.

Until new content comes out, I think I'll start farming in the BWRift for Rift Charms. I seem to recall that's a good area to get them. Or perhaps Champion's Fire and whatever else I need for a big VRift run next CNY. 

Posted : April 5, 2022 3:55 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

@fantasia Did you get Riftifier potions from Halloween? That is the #1 source of RULPCs in the game right now which is by a far what you would want as a MINIMUM for an epic vRift run.

Personally, if you're just gonna go farm charms, I'd go farm Ultimate Charms from various places (but mostly the LG) instead. Or Ember charms. Or Timesplit charms. 

I'm still aways to go from finishing FI, but I did take a good break while I was vRift hunting. SEH is getting me a lot closer to the jewels I need and I'll probably go buy the rest once I'm decently close.

Spareoom.net

Posted : April 5, 2022 9:58 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Gone are the days when I even remember previous area strategies. LOL @gymfan15, I'm going to need all the tips I can get on setting up an epic VRift run. I went over there and just cannot remember things like, how many steps per level and how much Champion's Fire I need to collect? 

Yes, Gymmie, I did get those potions and I totally forgot about them. So Thank you for the reminder. 😉 

Anyways, I got my last trap from the Floating Isles so I am officially done with that area. yay! 😀 

And since I don't follow the news anymore, is there any word of a new area coming out after the Egg Hunt is over? I did peek in on Jacob drawing a new mouse the other day, but didn't stick around long enough to see what it was for.

Posted : April 12, 2022 10:59 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I could use help on a lightning map. 

Posted : April 12, 2022 11:24 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Finally “finished” FI the other day when I got my T2 trap! (I put that in quotes because I don’t have L2 yet but that trap is totally optional for me so I expect to get it organically during regular hunting). 

It sounds like a new area is going to be released not too long from now, so before that I think I’ll work on mapping (still don’t have the new relic hunter bases for the current season) and make sure I have bosses/areas prepped for future maps/events. Also crowning. And UC farming. Basically I have a ton of non-FI stuff to keep me busy haha. 

Spareoom.net

Posted : April 24, 2022 9:02 am
fantasia liked
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Why do I get the feeling they'll be changing the egg hunt next year in some way? The charms were almost impossible to get. Ah well. 

I ended up with like 75 unique eggs this year from all the jumping around I did for maps. I got well over 125 Over 9000 eggs. I managed to get all the new eggs as well. 

Posted : April 26, 2022 9:41 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Congrats @gymfan15 on that trap! Grin  

I'm currently hanging out in the BWRift, because it's a nice break from the FI, I like the area, and I did remember correctly that I'm picking up a fair amount of nice Rift charms here. Grin  

Waiting for the next area to open. I should probably do some Relic Hunter maps to get the second base while I'm waiting. 

Posted : April 29, 2022 9:29 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)

I've done some FI maps and made more of a point of hunting Richard, thus getting more Storm Cells than from the Pirates. Then I've realised that it might be a good time for doing RH maps to get the two new bases.

During that hunt, I've caught my 4th Aether mouse in the Crystal Library! A few more years, and I might even bronze it!

Posted : May 20, 2022 11:32 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I'm trying to get my storm cell count back up. I need to sit down with the wiki and figure out what I have left to "finish" the FI. I know I still need two traps and I think 1-2 mice.

Posted : May 20, 2022 2:22 pm
Page 120 / 125
Share: