Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Page 119 / 125
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @gymfan15

I actually thought it was the other way around? They're already on maps, but I heard that they might be/are removing them in the new RH season starting Tuesday.

They started putting them in during Season 8 I mean. And I really hope you're right that they're taking them back out! Having them in there pretty well turned me off towards all of the high level maps. They're incredibly expensive to hunt for.

Posted : November 4, 2021 7:17 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

When I was ready to spend all my last evil brews, I had already used some of them earlier in the event. I had converted all of my ultimate wealth charms into 25 mil gold. I hardly had any super or extreme, as I have converted those into ultimates earlier, and not a lot of ordinary either. The wealth potions are cheap, though, and I may need some of them again later.

I must have planned to convert my regular ULPCs, because I had 13 riftifier potions, and I also had a couple of others.

I decided to buy four different potions: Wealth, Riftifier, Ultimate and Epic Cheese. I worked out how many I could afford, basing it on how many I wanted (disregarding what I'd already got) and then adding or subtracting - and when I had got the list to use up all the evil brews, it showed 15 of each!

So that's what I bought. I haven't started using them yet. Currently I'm in Sand Crypts, working on bronzing the bosses (made the Shattering charms last year) to get more essences. Then hoping to prepare for a large UUU run in Valour Rift.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : November 11, 2021 10:21 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

I ended with 11 Dragonbane, 33 Epic Cheese, 100 Riftifier, 10 Ultimate and 41 Wealth (after I used like 9 to convert the Ultimate Wealth Charms I had). 

Next year I'll probably get more Ultimate potions but I'm still bronzing the Shattered mice so I haven't essences to spare. Hoping GWH/LNY/SEH is the last push I need and I'll be done with those crowns by event season!

Really looking forward to GWH starting on the 9th. I also saw that they're changing the Summoning Bells to function more like Reactive Reagent (1:1 for hunt, not one bell for the whole Golem regardless of hunts left) and current bells will be smashable, which is a change I LOVE.

I've got a long list of what I'd like to accomplish this GWH, mainly prepping for some serious FI/LG smashing. I've got pretty much all of the resources I need for my epic UUU run in VRift, but if I can get my hands on some higher-tier charms, I'll probably send some golems that way as well.

Spareoom.net

Posted : November 23, 2021 9:36 am
fantasia liked
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator
Posted by: @gymfan15

I've got a long list of what I'd like to accomplish this GWH, mainly prepping for some serious FI/LG smashing. I've got pretty much all of the resources I need for my epic UUU run in VRift, but if I can get my hands on some higher-tier charms, I'll probably send some golems that way as well.

I'm working on my epic UUU run in VRift. So far I'm sending all my golems to VRift, getting lots of Ultimate Power or Luck charms - and not a few (especially with Hats) Ultimate Lucky Power. I also get 2 Festive Ultimate Lucky Power charms for every golem on level 8. (That's the same whatever the destination of the golems.) I've still got some potions to convert them to Rift charms with. I have spent both $ and MH gold to buy bells to reach level 8 faster. I also get a good supply of Gauntlet Elixir from VRift golems.

At Floating Islands I've finally reached Oculus 9. I was on an island where I would get 33 Ore/Glass per catch, with one particular mouse giving more than 40. When I had finished that island, I realised that the missing 1000 Ore/Glass could be reached with only 30 catches, and I still had almost 50 hunts left - so instead of leaving the island, I stayed till I had that coveted Oc 9.

I also realised I could use some of the new Halloween potions to make almost a hundred Wildfire cheese, which got me where I wanted to go at Queso River. I got a gold crown for Queen Quesada, and got the Journal theme which required that crown.

Then I've been hunting in Living Garden area for a while, finally bronzing all the bosses, giving me enough essences to reach 20 Ultimate charms. I might send some golems that way too, hoping to get even more UCs. All for the UUU run in VRift.

Posted : December 9, 2021 7:28 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

What do we think of the new bases/trap this year?

I see the ultimate goal of the two bases as being able to farm Rift Ultimate Snowball charms at a greater rate, which is kinda cool. I could see myself using the All Seasons base when I'm in low level areas to convert Snowball/Super Snowball charms, and then the Rift Mist Diffuser base to convert Ultimate Snowball charms to Rift Ultimate Snowballs. We'll see how it goes!

I don't see myself using the Holiday Express trap much except maybe during GWH.

Speaking of GWH, I'm taking the opportunity to *slowly* convert my Golem trap to Physical since I don't need it in Arcane anymore due to having A2 from FL (yay!). I forgot how many hunts it takes lol.

Spareoom.net

Posted : December 12, 2021 12:46 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)

I'm using the Holiday Express trap and the Seasonal Gift of the Day base right now during the event, as the mice can be caught with those - and I guess I'll never use them again later ...

I've bought the other two bases as well, just because I can, and if I go for more snowball charms later, I guess they will be useful then.

At the moment I'm still working on VRift UUU equipment.
I've got 21 Ultimate charms, 38 Ember charms, 537 Rift Ultimate Lucky Power charms and 1086 Rift Ultimate Power charms.
Also I've got 1241 Champion's Fire and 1658 Gauntlet String cheese, and roughly 800 Tooth parts for the SS Denture base. I could go back to that UUU run soon ...

Posted : December 19, 2021 12:49 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Personal life continues to get busier and busier, and the GWH for me this year has been just a shotgun of trying to get stuff reloaded for upper level maps and such. The items for the Floating Isles has been okay, but I don't really need any of it other than the Empyrean Seals. So I've been hitting the Queso Canyon, the Living Garden, and a few other places too, just to boost supplies. 🙂 

Just about to pick up the Rift Mist Diffuser Base and then I'll be done with everything. 

Missing tournaments this year.

Posted : December 21, 2021 11:50 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

GWH is not over yet but it's been fairly satisfactory so far...2 Ful'Mina's Tooth, 2 Warpath Portal parts, 2 Predatory Processors, 8 AEJ, over 4k ESeals, 3 Icuri, etc. Also other random stuff which is nice.

Going into the shutdown phase, I've decided that I'm not going to keep any GWH resources for next year...I'm not confident that the golems will return given that they've been around so long and the devs hinted at possibly reworking GWH next year. If it's still around, I'll just save some gold to buy resources off the MP; but I'd rather not hang onto things like charms and bells.

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 2, 2022 12:56 pm
Jasmine liked
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I'm about the same as fantasia and don't plan on keeping too many supplies. I'm running what'll probably be my last three golems right now. I focused on the FI and the Comet mainly. 

Posted : January 2, 2022 6:25 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)

I have enough golem parts and animated snow for some more days of golem missions - any remaining bells tomorrow will be used to speed them up, I'm also not keeping any bells.

I'm sending them to Lost City now, to get essences for a couple more icuri and their UCs. Valor Rift next ...

Posted : January 3, 2022 5:29 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I'm too busy to keep track of my loots anymore. Wink I just know I sent the vast majority of my golems to the Floating Isles, with a handful of others to the Living Garden, Valour Rift, and (at the very last minute) the Fungal Cavern (needed some diamonds for Diamond Cheese). 

I mentioned before and I'll say it again, I very much missed tournaments this year. Tournaments always helped me maintain three golems at a time, and I couldn't do that this year. In fact there were a couple times when supplies got low enough I had only one golem going. A teensy bit of a disappointment, but that was in comparison to previous years. I still got quite a lot of supplies.

On the plus side, my kids LOVE building golems. Giggle If they retire this specific GWH event in the future, my kiddos will be so disappointed. 

I will say, I'm in very good shape for the CNY event. I have enough supplies for 5 Empyrean Palace runs right now. Grin Hoping to get my last two traps by the end of February! Grin  

Posted : January 7, 2022 11:43 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I'm at enough supplies to run 4 Palace runs. I was hoping for three by the LNY. 

Posted : January 7, 2022 1:27 pm
fantasia liked
Varnafinde
(@varna)

I have finished the GWH now - I haven't focussed on FI at all, so I don't even remember where I'm at as far as that area is concerned. I know that there are two of the Sky Palace mice that I haven't even caught.

Preparing for a UU Valour Rift project has been a success, though! The golems have got me hundreds of Rift Ultimate Luck or Power or Lucky Power charms. From Lost City they have given me enough essences to craft more than ten Ultimate charms. Also very useful for a VR run.

On FBF earlier today they told us that the LNY event will run from Monday 31 Jan till Tuesday 15 Feb, overlapping with a small Valentine's event.

Instead of needing to catch all the costumed mice before we can obtain the lantern, we'll now be given the lantern from the HUD at the start of the event. The devs had found - from discussions and perhaps even surveys, I think - that people would find it more fun to hunt with lantern and candles straight away, rather than spending a few days first before they came to the beginning of what they felt the event was all about.

As someone said in the comments today, "I'd rather hunt with a great trap than hunt for a great trap."

Posted : January 7, 2022 2:48 pm
fantasia liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

You all are inspiring me that perhaps I'll make another UU run at some point to maybe get another Total Eclipse mouse. I dunno. I can't decide. 😉 

However, I am very close to finishing up the Floating Isles I think, so maybe farming for another uber tower run in 2023 during the CNY can be added to my to-do list. 

As far as this year is concerned, I'm sitting on 230 storm cells at the moment, with the goal of getting to 250 by the time the CNY event starts. In addition to the Sky Palace map that I'm currently running, I have two more unopened maps hanging out in my inventory. Between all of that, I SHOULD easily get the Slumbering Boulder Trap (currently at 102 jewels) and hopefully make good headway into the Circlet of Pursuing Trap. If I accomplish those two goals during this CNY, I'll restart the farming process for Storm Cells again in preparation for this years' Egg Hunt. 

Posted : January 26, 2022 9:20 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

FK if you ever do want to try a UUU run, let me know; I've got all the tips haha. One thing that you can think about is how to maximize your UC collection during the next year...LNY and Easter will be great for that.

I've been prepping some bosses for LNY/Easter over the last week as well as working on some super side goals (like bronzing the Wanted Poster bosses...significantly more tedious than I anticipated). My plan is to hunt those bosses and in FI/SP until I have 30 bonus luck, and then I'll be back in vRift until the end of the event or I've gotten TE15, MAYBE TE16. Although if I do actually trend into TE16 territory it will be VERY expensive because I'm going to run out of Toothlets before then and have you SEEN how expensive Teeth are on the MP, haha! 7mil for 15 hunts!!! Eeesh. But it's my fault for not planning better during the last Ronza visit.

Spareoom.net

Posted : January 30, 2022 4:14 pm
fantasia liked
Page 119 / 125
Share: