Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Page 111 / 125
dracula
(@dracula)
NarniaWeb Regular
Posted by: @digorykirke

Well Big Jaq is back.... The potential for some really good gold and loot drops is good.

It's a good opportunity to take my new trap for a spin too.

If anybody wants to do maps or tournaments let me know.

how is this area good for gold?  I’ve dropped about 70 million from buying tonic and leeching qcgt  in the past few days and it’s worth it I suppose

I guess it could be good for gold if you get really good and doing the qcgt maps on your own then sell the other 4 slots.  Some guys do one qcgt per day.  Vrift is far more straightforward 

Posted : July 4, 2020 10:02 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @dracula

how is this area good for gold?

Depends on if you buy stuff off the market or not. I came out almost 15m gold richer than when I went in. But I also had a lot of stockpiled supplies from when I was there before. Giggle  

Speaking of stockpiling, back in the VRift, farming champion's fire. Getting close to 600. I need to look back and see how many I made note of needing on a previous post, but I think it was around 700 so I'm almost there. 

Posted : July 16, 2020 6:49 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

Speaking of VRift - I am very close to buying the trap there. Only trouble is that I have 17 hunts left and am 161 steps (with Speed 10) away from The Total Eclipse that will give me the 12 cores that I need for it. If I have an FTC or an FTA, I'll miss it and have to work my way up to those 12 cores from the beginning.

I left the area and started crafting Ultimate Charms (I have 3) in Living Garden. I have the Shattering charms ready for 6 or 7 Ultimate Charms, but catching the bosses is slow work (I'm bronzing them, too), and I need more than 6 or 7 anyway. I wonder if it were better to just give up and retreat. Sad  

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : July 17, 2020 8:14 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Okay.....I have decided to go all in on a VRift Run. Trap and base and area upgrades are in place. Got a very large quantity of GOOD rift charms. 634 Champion's Fire (currently), and hope to get enough to drop along the way to last. (If not, that's what the Marketplace is for.) Opened up a Slayer and Chrome Chest for auras so far. Plan to open a Gilded as well once my Shield runs out of shinyness in about two hours. I MIGHT open a Ful'Mina chest as well if my catch rate seems low. 

At this point they'll probably start the King's Giveaway and Ronza will show up or something to stall me in my epic Tower climbing, but I don't have anything better to do and I have addition treasure boxes to open for auras if needed. Smile I hope I don't regret using up my supplies now, but if history is any indicator, I usually don't make it back to old areas during events once new areas open up. 

Highest Gauntlet Floor reached before was 102. Hoping to make it to the next Total Eclipse at 104 and beyond!

Posted : July 25, 2020 6:44 pm
dracula
(@dracula)
NarniaWeb Regular

There is plenty of time to get more fire and secrets for Halloween .  

I am planning on hunting the vrift until floating isles is released .  

I will also hunt the events and get the traps from the queso areas(I have the top law trap but none of the others, will hunt there just enough to get the other traps, and in the meantime will keep gathering gold for Ronza )

varnafinde, I don’t think I would use ultimate charms on your run, maybe save those for when you are doing a full prestige push and trying to get past floor 104 or floor 112 and it’s really close but obviously that is up to you

Posted : July 26, 2020 8:02 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator
Posted by: @dracula

varnafinde, I don’t think I would use ultimate charms on your run, maybe save those for when you are doing a full prestige push and trying to get past floor 104 or floor 112 and it’s really close but obviously that is up to you

Good point. Especially since it's not a case of having the ultimate charms and wondering how to spend them, I only have half of what I would need, and would have to do a lot of work on getting the charms first.

I could go up, increasing the luck on my Prestige base,  for as long as I can, until I'm kicked out, and then do an ordinary run to collect fragments for the next UU run, and then hope I can get up to the number of cores I need for the trap. But not the full push yet. Perhaps closer to Halloween, or after.

But first I concentrate on the event. I'm farming cork bark in Queso Geyser, working towards gold crowns for some of the mice there, and collecting keys for the giveaway. I've got several Treasurers and a couple of High Rollers - what I'm really hoping for, is to get my first Lep. It's the only mouse in MH that I haven't got yet. And what better time to get it than now during the giveaway ...

Posted : July 29, 2020 8:43 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I am on Floor 101 with 52 hunts left. I should make it to 104 fairly easily, but I doubt I'll be able to get to 112. I'll need one of those events that boosts your trap to get even farther I think. Smile Either way, I'm pretty happy with this run and I doubt I'll be pouring everything into another any time soon. 

Posted : August 2, 2020 5:02 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I made it to floor 109. I'm pretty happy with that, but considering how much I saved for it, I wish I had arrived at floor 112 and beyond. That's okay though. 

I went ahead and jumped straight back in to another Ultimate Umbra run, but I'm not going for a new floor level this time, just collecting Cores. 🙂 

No Mobster or Leprechaun mice to speak of. Just waiting for Ronza. 😉 

Posted : August 4, 2020 3:13 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

Im working on another ultimate umbra run. I've got a ways to go. 

What do you think Ronza will bring with the letters to Ronza campaign?

Posted : August 6, 2020 7:51 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Posted by: @varna

I've got several Treasurers and a couple of High Rollers - what I'm really hoping for, is to get my first Lep. It's the only mouse in MH that I haven't got yet. And what better time to get it than now during the giveaway ...

No Lep, though. A second Mobster instead. Not even a FTC for the Lep.

Several of the others, and I'm at 94 Treasurers now - I might silver it with random catches before the next Giveaway. Perhaps even a random Lep before that? Pretty please?

Posted : August 11, 2020 3:34 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I'm still catching prize mice actually. Maybe one of you will still catch your first Lep! I was kind of hoping for a Mobster to get closer to a bronze crown. I think I have four of them so far. Only caught the lower three prize mice. 

Farming chrome bits for Ronza. 🙂 

I also noticed today that I learned the Rebuild the Celestial Dissonance Trap recipe. Sooooo... I'm anticipating some Chrome. 😀

Posted : August 11, 2020 4:15 pm
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I still haven't caught a Mobster. I'm 0/6 now, after 2 misses this event. Ah well.

I'm looking forward to the Chrome Timesplit. I may have to break down and purchase Temporal Shadow Plates to finally use that Chrome upgrade kit. But then I'm not even halfway to affording a Kalor-ignis rib, which is probably going to have to be a purchase at some point.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : August 11, 2020 8:36 pm
dracula
(@dracula)
NarniaWeb Regular

I didn't get a lep but two of my teammates did, I think they said the pot of gold was 1 million gold.  It's not bad but I mean for what it is, it doesn't seem like much, I guess getting the max mice caught is a goal for many people tough, and now they have that.

Apparently ronza is bringing a chrome kit for the dissonance rift trap so sell your skins for it(I guess)?.  And other random nice stuff, probably charms for v rift.  

Posted : August 13, 2020 8:13 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)

The pot of gold was rather rare - most hunters who got a lep, only got a satchel of gold, which was considerable less than a million. I wouldn't have been worried about the gold, if only I could fill that last silhouette and have caught all the mice. Well, the first Mobster I got was not at a Giveaway, so there may be a lep some day as well Tongue  

Most of the chrome kits are for traps that I already have chromed - but the Rift Chrome should be interesting.

Posted : August 16, 2020 9:06 pm
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

With the announcement about the new area coming in September, I'm in a bit of a quandary. Do I A) stay in Ronza's shop to farm Chrome Bits so I can purchase as many Champion's Fire and/or Dragonbane charms as possible? B) Go back to Queso Geyser and pray for a Kalor'Ignis Rib (since I'm never likely to be able to afford one)? C) Go ahead and try to get the map piece for the new area and hope I don't need a higher tier Draconic trap?

I think for now I'll stick to Ronza. Will probably bounce between new area and Geyser for a while. I've done all the immediate steps in VRift, but still need to complete the last few upgrades and begin purchasing Codex Pages.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : August 25, 2020 8:01 pm
Page 111 / 125
Share: