Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] The MouseHunt Thread: Episode V

Page 110 / 125
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

So maybe an ultimate VRift run is the best thing to do right now Gymmie. Perhaps I should rethink waiting until next year as well. I'm sure I could get to Floor 104 and beyond if I ran again. It's just farming all of that Champion's Fire is SUCH a grind.

I bought my CF...spent a lot of gold...no regrets lol. Basically once I have this base, I can quit the VRift for a little while and farm gold to replace what I spent.

Spareoom.net

Posted : May 17, 2020 2:48 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

I bought my CF...spent a lot of gold...no regrets lol.

Yep, it's well worth it. But with Ronza coming soon, I'm farming as much gold as I can and therefore I don't have any left over to spend on CF. ;))

Posted : May 17, 2020 2:51 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

I already banked away 30mil for Romza, which I have found to be very sufficient in recent years. So yeah I did take that into account lol.

Of course watch as this year she has 100mil wares. 8-}

Spareoom.net

Posted : May 18, 2020 3:53 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

My mousehunt id is 5402864 I’m not sure how to search for someone by name

I don't know how to search for someone by mousehunt id.
Those of you who sent him FRs, how did you go about it?

A different question - how many hunts will I need to go from floor 48 to floor 56 with Speed 8 and Siphon 5?
I'm on floor 46 now, with 37 hunts left. Should I take a long break from VRift and go to Living Garden instead and farm materials for crafting Ultimate Charms?
(I still need to catch 6 Dark Magi and 6 King Scarab, to bronze them.)

Edit:
I had some help, so hopefully, that request has been sent now.

The Floating Isles is the next big area to come out. They've been planning this area for quite some time. Two years maybe? Maybe longer. My understanding is that it's supposed to be a big climax of the best traps and bases that currently exist. You'll be using pretty much all of them.

They will use 8 power types - not Rift, nor Parental.
There will be a Shadow Island, a Physical Island, etc. (I guess 8 islands.)
They have decided on 56 new mice for it, and drawing them may have begun - check whether Jacob are working on either of them next time he's on FBF.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : May 18, 2020 9:23 am
dracula
(@dracula)
NarniaWeb Regular

The price of the champions fire is dropping like a rock: as more people complete the pages of the codex, more people will get unstable cores.

http://horntracker.com/loot.php?loot_id=2923

If you don’t want to click, you get 5 champions fire per unstable core plus gold and superbrie and charms

We don’t know when the floating isles is coming up, Dave said “hopefully this year but no promises”

Selling champions fire should be a decent way to farm gold and champs fire for the next few months then do a string stepping run in November then hopefully on to the floating isles.

What I’m finding is that with a powered up prestige base, even with vacuum charms, the catch rate is still good in the v rift

Posted : May 23, 2020 12:08 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I'm trying to get the last relic hunter season base. 

Posted : May 30, 2020 5:40 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)

Copying this over from the old forum:

So my UUU run didn't go QUITE as planned; I ended up only going just past floor 100. I'd originally figured I'd get past 104 easily, but I think a combination of DHU/not enough of the best charms did me in. I also only had my Prestige up to 7 Eclipses prior to starting, so I was using Charged Denture/other charms for the early floors. I was doing pretty well until I got to F70 or so and then I just had really bad DHU and got pushed around a lot.

Either way, I have an INSANELY good base now (29 luck minimum :-o ), and I was able to do my entire run in one set of auras, so I still have another set that I can use at Halloween or GWH if I'm able to restock RULPCs in time. We'll see. I ran some simulated runs and I think even with RUPCs or RULCs I could still get past 113 with a GWH or Spooky Aura, so we'll see! The most expensive thing to prep would probably be the CF...I am not going to buy tons of Ember/Timesplit charms lol. It's not worth it for 2-4 extra luck. This year, anyway lol.

Right now the goal is to recoup gold/RULPCs and also do some more Tower runs so I can finish off getting the Codexes. I have 2/8 and enough Cores to buy 1 more from my UUU run. I got Magic and Noble first because those are the power types I'm still using a lot these days outside of Rift.

Spareoom.net

Posted : June 7, 2020 4:05 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Not too terribly much to report right now. Waiting for the Queso event to start and farming Champion's Fire... and Ronza. Just farming Champion's Fire in the meantime and I'm up to 533 as of this post. Aiming for 800. 

Posted : June 24, 2020 8:21 am
dracula
(@dracula)
NarniaWeb Regular

I did another string stepping run and got to floor 108

My thoughts are this:  use unstable cores to pile up champions fire.  Try to get enough secrets. Fragments and sigils for multiple string stepping runs for halloween.  

ult power charm with Halloween, lightning,  slayer and chrome auras will be enough for 104 and maybe 112.

Rift ult lucky charms or even festive ult lucky charms could be enough to get to 120 during lunar new year.  I think my new plan is to get to 112 during Halloween, start a second string stepping run with timesplit and rift ult lucky power charms and finish it during lunar new year with 50 luck candles.  So far only 5 players have got past floor 120 on uu.  It would be sort of cool to get that but I’m about ready to hunt other areas.

on my last run when I got to floor 97 I thought there was no way I get to 104 but then got 17 terrified adventurer mice in the next day and a half log(130 hunts) and easily got to 104+.

If floating isles come out before Halloween I could just ditch the above plan and hunt the entire Halloween aura in the floating isles and just never go back to vrift ever.  The v rift is easily the best area in the game for gold.  Just keep popping unstable cores and sell the loot(charms and champions fire)

I look forwards to big jaq as I never really hunted much in the queso areas.  

After you unlock the unstable cores, you can do lots of string stepping runs with no champions fire to just pile up cores and sell the unstable core loot(Champs fire and charms).  I still have several thousand rift ult luck charms from hunting monstrous black widow during lny and use those for string stepping runs with no champions fire.  

This post was modified 4 years ago by dracula
Posted : June 26, 2020 9:04 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

Even with a Ronza visit in the works, i sold a bunch of stuff and got my Kalor Ignis rib.... it’s very disappointing that I had to purchase one after nearly 600 catches, but that’s my MouseHunt luck for ya....

The plan is to restock my gold by buying wild tonic with real world money and selling it on the marketplace.... not ideal.... but again... that’s my MouseHunt luck Giggle  

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Posted : June 27, 2020 10:46 am
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

With the Big Jaq coming up, it's probably a good idea to get the rib and to get the new trap where the rib is needed. My MouseHunt luck varies, but my Kalor Ignis luck is amazing: not only did I get the rib on my first epic eruption, but I also got his egg on my first or second catch during SEH!

I'm still hoping to be able to get a gold crown for Queen Quesada, and then get her journal theme.

Currently I'm in VRift, working on upgrading the basics. I have upgraded Siphon fully, and as soon as I finish Floor 47 (UU), I'll upgrade Speed fully as well (and I only have one level left for Sync). And if I can reach Floor 56, I'll get enough Cores to buy the new dissonance trap.

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : June 27, 2020 4:36 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)

I finished gathering all of my supplies needed, bought the kalor ignis based trap, and have, as such, finished the queso geyser area.  Honestly... Probably my favorite area to date, despite my bad luck getting that rib.

I never really finished the last rift area (coinciding with the forbidden grove and mouseoleum... I can't remember the name ?) so that's next on my to do list so that u can get the timesplit dissonance trap.

Posted : June 28, 2020 6:39 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I don't have the gold for the rib. Maybe I'll get there eventually. 

Posted : June 28, 2020 11:45 am
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)

Well Big Jaq is back.... The potential for some really good gold and loot drops is good.

It's a good opportunity to take my new trap for a spin too.

If anybody wants to do maps or tournaments let me know.

Posted : June 30, 2020 9:32 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I'm up for maps. Maybe I can stumble across the rib if I can get enough momentum going. I've got one map running right now. 

Posted : June 30, 2020 9:55 am
Page 110 / 125
Share: