Member Admin

Who else besides me is excited about the Artemis I launch on Monday? Grin  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 27, 2022 9:34 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

I'm definitely looking forward to it!

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2022 11:43 am
fantasia liked
Cobalt Jade
(@cobalt-jade)
NarniaWeb Nut

I am, but being on the West Cost I'll have to get up very early. I visited the Cape Canaveral complex back in 2017 and took the special tour. One of the most amazing experiences of my life because I got to see where so much history had been made.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 27, 2022 2:17 pm
fantasia liked
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Webb continues to give spectacular images of things near and far. I really like this image of Neptune along with its rings and moons.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 22, 2022 2:54 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

I enjoy watching night launches - but I didn't stay up late to watch the Artemis I launch overnight. However, there are numerous places to watch it online.

If you're curious as to where the spacecraft is now, NASA offers a tracker similar to the one for JWST.  It's just over 17 hours after launch but it is already over 92,000 miles from earth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2022 5:04 pm
fantasia liked
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

We've had a nasty turn of events for the UK's first-ever rocket launch, last night — the rocket was taken up from Newquay Airport in Cornwall by a modified 747 jumbo jet and released, with the aim of carrying 9 satellites into orbit (including one made in Wales!). Everything was going according to plan until somehow the second stage engine apparently failed and the rocket and all the satellites were lost in space... now they're trying to figure out what went wrong. Shocked D\'oh (And I guess, contrary to the traditional saying, in this case it IS rocket science.)

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 10, 2023 6:29 am
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I am so not a fan of Artemis flying manned the second time out let alone around the moon. NASA'S history is littered with disasters that have been caused by them rushing. Apollo 1 and Challenger are case in point.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 3, 2023 10:58 am
Page 6 / 6
Share: