Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] NaNoWriMo 2014: It's Finished!

Page 4 / 4
MoonlightDancer
(@moonlightdancer)
NarniaWeb Nut

I got to 28k last night!!! I'm all caught up. Hoping to reach 30K by the end of today.

Have you ever participated in NaNoWriMo before?
If you have, how many times?
once.
How many times did you win?
Once.
What to you love most about NaNoWriMo?
I like talking other people who are doing it and sharing story ideas, making fun of our writing, and staying up late writing and sharing nonsense. That's definitely my favorite part!! :p
What are you planning to write this year?
A sequel to my previous story. It's a mix of romance and horror, probably young adult.
Are you a planner or a pantser?

Somewhere in between. I start out with a bunch of general ideas that I want to include, and then when I'm writing I just try to connect them all and somehow have it make sense.

PM me for a NW nano chatzy where we can share ideas.

Forever a proud Belieber

Live life with the ultimate joy and freedom.

Posted : November 17, 2014 7:19 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

How are all you writers doing? This thread is quiet so that must mean you're busy with your novels.

I'm lagging behind but hope to get to 30k in the next hour or so...if my characters would just cooperate. ;))

With Thanksgiving travels and feasting coming up, I doubt I'll get to 50k by Sunday, but I'm having a good time with this story and hope to continue writing it in December. So it's a 'win' in that sense.

Good luck to all of you!

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : November 24, 2014 10:26 am
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

This is the most trouble I've had writing a story in a while, but I'm starting to think I might be able to catch up. I did 2k words tonight, and if I can continue to meet that goal or better, I'll have 50k by the end of the month. There's an awful lot of infodumping in this draft, and I'll probably try to excise or at least spread that out, but it gets me to my word count and helps me lay groundwork for myself as much as for the future readers.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : November 24, 2014 2:21 pm
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

Keep going! Keep going, everyone!

I really, really want to finish the book. I think there are only three more chapters, since I did the last chapter on day 3. But chapters keep popping up out of nowhere, and demanding to be written, so we'll see what happens.

Now whether the book will be any good is the next question; that is a problem for later (I hate editing :D )

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

Posted : November 25, 2014 6:32 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Congrats to aileth and all our other winners (and participants) this year!

I ended NaNo with about 31k words but still feel pretty good about this story. Ideas keep coming to mind, and once other things settle down a bit I'll return to writing it. It's fun once I put my mind to it.

(And in a nod to our Ditto Story writers, I've included a pub named the Cup and Platter, though I didn't copy any of the original's fun details such as the holographic Hugh).

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : December 1, 2014 6:25 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share: