Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] NaNoWriMo '13 - It's here!!!

Page 8 / 9
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

This morning I decided to drop out of NaNo. I just couldn't find the time to concentrate on the story anymore and there's no way I could reach even close 50,000 words feeling anxious about things that have been going on. I'll try next year and maybe even camp NaNo.

Good Luck everyone! I'm still supporting yall! :)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : November 13, 2013 6:32 am
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear you're dropping out, DJP. Don't give up on your story, even if it's not something you finish in November. Sometimes you just need a break from a project to refocus and restrategize.

I broke 12k this morning! :D I'm so pleased with the progress I've made so far. I'm hoping I can carry this habit of writing for a couple of hours a day into the rest of the year. It just feels so good to be creating on a regular basis again.

I'm somewhere in the middle of chapter 4, but I've written some of the inter-chapter pieces already and there are 2 chapters that have scenes still to be written. My Prologue is fairly brief, so I may return to it at some point and expand it. The scene I'm about to enter is one I've worked out already, so I'm excited to finally write it into the narrative. :)

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

Posted : November 14, 2013 2:06 am
SummerSnow
(@summersnow)
Member Hospitality Committee

Congrats, Shastastwin! I don't believe you caught up yet, but certainly getting closer.
DamselJillPole, I hope you find time to work on it outside of November and NaNo. :)

I was trying not to, but I finally decided to skip a section in my story . I've always written my stories without skipping, so it's been quite interesting. However, it seems to be working for the moment, for which I am rather happy. :D

Posted : November 16, 2013 5:17 am
wild rose
(@wild-rose)

Summersnow, that's great, that's a pretty comfortable time for me too (unless my internet is out at home, which has been pretty common these past few days :| ) I hope to catch you

awww, I'm so sorry you dropped out Damsel, I hope other NaNos will work for you.

Well, I reached 50k on the 15th and then I did a very daring thing. I was unhappy with the way the story was going, it was just all headed in the wrong direction and I was loosing all insperation and I couldn't write. So, I went ahead and got rid of everything I didn't like (roughly 10k) and rewrote parts of the story, so now I'm at 50k again :p and pushing for 70k by the end of this week :)

always be humble and kind

Posted : November 21, 2013 12:43 am
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)

I passed 28k this morning. Still not quite caught up. I think I need about 7k more today to do that, and that's a bit of a stretch for me, even with a quiet work day. I'm going to keep pushing ahead, though and see where I can get. I feel that I'm farther into the story than I planned for so few words. I may have to add more once I finish the draft.

Congrats on passing 50k twice, wild rose!

Keep up the writing, everybody!

Edit: I passed 30k. I'm still about 5k short of caught up, but I'm confident I'll reach 50k by the end of the month. I'm slowly catching up, and if I have another few days like this, I'll be golden. I don't know how much past 50k this draft will go, but I can tell I'll need more on future drafts. There are nuances I hadn't anticipated.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."

Posted : November 21, 2013 4:24 am
SummerSnow
(@summersnow)
Member Hospitality Committee

Our internet has been working weird, as well, but hopefully we can catch each other online. :)
I've been tempted to do that, but I kind of just led stuff back to the right path, instead of deleting stuff. (I doubt I'd be able to catch up). I hope you're able to get 70K!
I hope everyone is doing well, or if you aren't, I hope you catch up! :)

Posted : November 22, 2013 3:41 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Big congrats to wild rose (for winning more than once) and to shastastwin for being on track to pass 50k. Good luck to the rest of our Wrimos as we go into the final few days of the month.

For various reasons I didn't get far this year (about 16k). My heart just wasn't in it, and while I know part of NaNo is sitting down and writing anyway, real life circumstances helped me to decide to sit this one out. I'm not giving up on the story and hope to continue it early next year.

That's not to say I'm not writing. I woke up Saturday morning after having a weird dream and promptly sat down to write a totally new story inspired by it. Dragons, wizards, and townspeople, oh my - okay, only one dragon and one wizard. (Cliché stuff, I know, but different than my usual fare - especially since much of the tale is told from the dragon's perspective). It's up to about 8k and has been fun to write. Who knows, it may get up to 50k, just not in time to win NaNo.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : November 25, 2013 2:50 pm
daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

I've also given up. Cold weather just doesn't agree with me and my tolerance has decreased this year. Too much pain and fatigue to get a substantial amount of writing done every day. If I can keep up my average of 600 words every other day, I think I can actually finish this story though. It won't be very polished, and will probably have more than one gaping plot hole in it, but it will be complete. Eventually.

Congrats to those who have already won! And to those of you still in the race: go! go! go!

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Posted : November 25, 2013 4:12 pm
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)

I reached 39k moments ago! :D I may get more written today, but I feel like I've done a lot pushing to finish this chapter already. I'm going to reach 50k in time. I'm determined. ;)

ETA: 40k; only 10k to write in the next 4 days. That's very doable.

Posted : November 26, 2013 7:45 am
Melian_Maia
(@melian_maia)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I've, um, fallen very behind despite my strong start. I have about 26k right now. I'm hoping to be able to finish with 50k, but I'm not sure how that's possible right now. Fingers crossed that I can make it!! ;))

Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie!Secret Order of the Swoosh

Topic starter Posted : November 26, 2013 1:22 pm
stardf29
(@stardf29)
NarniaWeb Nut

Well, this is it. The last day.

The end is in sight. Time for a final push.

Myself, I've got about 5,000 words to write still. Very doable; just have to go to the final write-in and do like I've done each Saturday.

If you still consider yourself even remotely in the race, then go for it! See you on the other side of the finish line!

"A Series of Miracles", a blog about faith and anime.

Avatar: Kojiro Sasahara of Nichijou.

Posted : November 29, 2013 10:45 pm
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)

As you may have figured out based on my new avatar, I have completed my 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo! :D There is still a good bit of work left to do to even finish this draft, and it will require lots of editing over the next few months/years (let's be honest, there's no telling when this will get finished, especially since I need to finish the current draft of the first book in this series).

Congrats to all the other winners/completers so far, and good luck to those who are still chugging along for 50k. If you haven't made it to 50k or don't make it, you're still a winner in my book because you at least tried to do something millions of people wouldn't consider. Congratulations to everyone for their attempts at NaNo this year. See you in 11 months! ;)

Posted : November 30, 2013 11:04 am
Queen Susan
(@queen-susan)
NarniaWeb Guru

It's been sad seeing everyone dropping out, and dropping out myself after 10 days... This year just wasn't the same as previous years, but I'll take the blame for that.

BUT, my huge congrats to those finishing and who have finished! I have more respect for you all now that I have failed. ;) WOOT WOOT! *throws confetti*

Posted : November 30, 2013 11:09 am
Arwenel
(@arin)
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Hospitality Committee

*pokes head in*

I won too.

*ducks back out*

Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it. - Rabbi Tarfon

Posted : November 30, 2013 12:03 pm
wild rose
(@wild-rose)

I almost made my goal. I wrote 100k in one month but wasn't able to finish the novel, it just turned out to be waaaaaaay longer than I expected! I'm almost thinking of dividing into two books. But I'm glad I reached my goal of 100k (even though that meant writing 24k in two days)
I'm going to dedicate the first week of December to finishing my NaNo novel, then I'm going to put it aside till January while I work on a previous novel that I started and need to finish and edit.

hooray for all the winners *throws confetti and candy around*

(ooh, I thought I'd mention, that to celebrate my finished NaNo and winning, I went to my very first time ever Skillet concert; which was totally awesome and a great way to finish NaNoWriMo and November)

always be humble and kind

Posted : December 1, 2013 6:42 pm
Page 8 / 9
Share: