Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Knitting, crochetting, and sewing

Page 1 / 7
Tiana
(@tiana)
NarniaWeb Nut

We had a thread like this one on the last forum, and I thought it would be great to have another one.

So here y'all can talk about stuff you have made, post pictures of things you have made, and discuss things you want to make, and so on.

Mods, if this is not an appropriate topic then please do shut it down.

~Ti'ana

P.S. Second topic to ever be created by me.

"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.”

Topic starter Posted : September 7, 2009 9:16 am
NaiadWaker
(@naiadwaker)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I recently started knitting a scarf. Sorry, can't post a picture yet, it's not picture- ready yet. :)

P.S.- Cool!

Posted : September 10, 2009 2:37 pm
Horse_Lover
(@horse_lover)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh, thanks for opening this thread again Ti'ana! :D
I just finished a 18in doll outfit. It's pretty cute if I do say so Myself. :p :)

Nweb twin to ValiantPrincess, and Nweb sis to elvenbug
Proud member of the 10th Avenue North club!

Posted : September 11, 2009 3:01 am
Scarlet_Trefoil
(@scarlet_trefoil)
NarniaWeb Regular

The doll outfit is darling, Horse_Lover! The tiny flowers are the perfect finishing touch. Did you use a pattern or design it yourself?

~Scarlet

“To love God is to love His will. It is to wait quietly for life to be measured by One who knows us through and through. It is to be content with His timing and His wise appointment.”
― Elisabeth Elliot

Posted : September 25, 2009 3:38 pm
Horse_Lover
(@horse_lover)
NarniaWeb Nut

thanks Scarlet! I got ideas from a few patterns for the skirt. But I just winged it for the jacket. :p
I just recently made a little pair of baby boots for my Grandma.(she was going to a baby shower :) ) And she paid me for them! :-o
They were fun to make though. :)

Posted : September 30, 2009 4:39 pm
Silvertongue
(@silvertongue)
NarniaWeb Regular

That's is a cah-ute doll outfit Horse_Lover! Fabulous work!! Do you enjoy coming up with your own patterns or "winging" it? :)

What is everyone working on right now? Right now I'm working on two knitting projects: an afghan (that one is going very slowly, as I only work on it now and then ;)) and a kimono style sweater (also going slowly due to the fact that I ran out of yarn and had to get some more ;)).

Posted : October 1, 2009 2:38 am
Scarlet_Trefoil
(@scarlet_trefoil)
NarniaWeb Regular

I got ideas from a few patterns for the skirt. But I just winged it for the jacket. :p

A girl after my own heart, Horse_Lover! I've almost completed a purse *inspired by* a pattern I saw in a book. ;) Pics will be posted as soon as I finish the purse.

Silvertongue - the sweater sounds lux! What kind of yarn are you using?

My current sewing projects are two other purses (birthday presents - one for a cousin, one for my mom) and a baby quilt. I'm also attempting to tailor a thrifted blouse to wear for the Narnia Style Day.

~Scarlet

“To love God is to love His will. It is to wait quietly for life to be measured by One who knows us through and through. It is to be content with His timing and His wise appointment.”
― Elisabeth Elliot

Posted : October 1, 2009 2:19 pm
Danger_O'Riley
(@danger_oriley)
NarniaWeb Newbie

YAY! I'm going to love this thread! :D

Horse_Lover - That little outfit is so cute! Good work!

I'm no good at sewing, but I do a tweensy bit of crochetting and a LOT of knitting.

Right now my main project is a Hogwarts uniform vest for my Halloween costume. It gets pretty tedious for me at times, but I should have it done in a week or two. I'll post a picture when its finished. :)

I probably have a couple other unfinished projects lying around as well, that I got bored of.

Sam in the NW Hobbit Clan!

NW sibs=Juliana, AWH, Shur'tugal, Unicorn, hungarianarnia, Todd

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." - HBP

Posted : October 2, 2009 6:54 pm
Horse_Lover
(@horse_lover)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thanks everyone. :)
Silvertonuge: I like winging it for doll dresses and the like, but I like to follow patterns for the more complex projects. :) though I know hardly that many stitches so.. :)
OOO, everyone's projects sound so fun . :D

Hope every one posts pictures. :)

I'm working on fingerless gloves for my little bro for his birthday which is a day away! :-o

Posted : October 5, 2009 1:08 pm
Scarlet_Trefoil
(@scarlet_trefoil)
NarniaWeb Regular

This is one of the purses I made recently. It is my "suitable for heavy wear-and-tear, give my good leather purse a break" solution. ;;) The idea for the pattern came from Bag Bazaar. I used an old pair of DCU pants, figuring that if the fabric-type is hardy enough for the Army, it will surely withstand me. ;) The lining (which you can barely see) was given to me by a close friend and the button is from my mom's ample stash. We did have to buy the ribbon, but I think it was worth it - aqua is one of my favorite colors.

~Scarlet

― Elisabeth Elliot

Posted : October 7, 2009 12:51 pm
Horse_Lover
(@horse_lover)
NarniaWeb Nut

Love the bag S_T!

Posted : October 8, 2009 11:39 am
Danger_O'Riley
(@danger_oriley)
NarniaWeb Newbie

That is a great bag! I'm always looking for a good sturdy canvas bag thats not too big. The one I'm using now is positively bottomless.

Well, I'm finished with my vest. It isn't excactly the way I wanted it to turn out. The armholes are a little small and it doesn't look very good on me, but I think its pretty good for a first try. This is the biggest project I've ever done! :D

The colors in the picture aren't the greatest, but I tried to edit it so you could see what the colors really look like.

Sam in the NW Hobbit Clan!

NW sibs=Juliana, AWH, Shur'tugal, Unicorn, hungarianarnia, Todd

"And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure." - HBP

Posted : October 20, 2009 9:47 am
Faun_Song612
(@faun_song612)
NarniaWeb Regular

The vest is beautiful!

Now please make me a cloche hat. I will read to you while you make it! ;;)

(Yes, we are sisters, for those of you who didn't know it.)

Yes, I know your problem is that you don't have a pattern. This is basically what I want: Iceland + Splash Felted Cloche Hat But without the weird feathery thing wrapped around the head, please. ;)

"She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain."

Loving NW triplet of Theophila & Booky

Posted : October 21, 2009 2:51 pm
Tiana
(@tiana)
NarniaWeb Nut

Scarlet I love the bag. Awesome fabrics!

The vest looks great Danger.

I finished making this hat about a month ago. I'm working on another one, but it is a bit more time consuming.

"Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had.”

Topic starter Posted : October 22, 2009 5:15 am
Horse_Lover
(@horse_lover)
NarniaWeb Nut

I LOVE the vest D_OR!
OO Tiana, That hat is so pretty! :D
My friend made a hat likie that, with the cable stitches, but I've not attempted anything like that yet. :-s :)

Posted : October 23, 2009 11:25 am
Page 1 / 7
Share: