Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Kids will be Kids

Page 7 / 7
Mrs Smooshy
(@mrs-smooshy)
NarniaWeb Regular

Whenever I am on the computer my daughter asks me if I am writing the Prime Minister.  She is 6.  She really wants me to tell him how she feels about not being allowed to travel to see her grandparents.  She's trouble.  She also knows who she is going to marry, how many kids she is going to have, what their names will be and that she will homeschool them and be a baker.  She once told me what her husband's job is going to be and what colour of car he will drive. Pink.  I told her her husband might not want to show up to his construction job (what he's apparently going to do) in a pink car.  Who knows.  haha  Her cousin of the same age is also a big planner so over Skype they have been planning their big reuion sleepover should that day ever actually come.  Every detail has been thought of...just not the feasibility of those details.

I used to be on these forums back in the day as regular "Smooshy" and I was single.  Never thought I would be back here one day talking about my kids.

The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 28, 2021 11:21 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @mrs-smooshy

Never thought I would be back here one day talking about my kids.

Giggle Amazing how that happens! 

My youngest is turning four years old tomorrow. Shocked She's my biggest trouble maker. Those who got to meet her when she was a baby several years ago at the Eclipse Moot would probably not recognize her. She was such a sweet baby back then. Giggle Tongue  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 13, 2021 5:04 pm
Mrs Smooshy
(@mrs-smooshy)
NarniaWeb Regular

My kids were always sweet as babies...in public.  At home, they were always loud and crazy.  My youngest was our clingiest baby and cried whenever I put her down.  And I couldn't just hold her.  I had to bounce, make faces and endlessly entertain.  I guess in public there were just so many faces to look at it distracted her.  It turns out she was an extrovert born into a whole family of introverts.  She is shy around adults though so I guess that is where the quiet, reticent reputation comes from.  When it's a group of kids she's right there in the thick of things.  

I have heard from babysitters and Sunday School teachers that she is very polite with her "please" and "thank-yous" and calling everyone "Mr" and "Mrs/Miss".  Which is nice to hear because I have been drilling that in for so long and don't really often see the results myself at home.  haha 

This post was modified 3 years ago by Mrs Smooshy

The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 17, 2021 3:53 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

I saw my niece and nephew this past weekend. We were playing a game with my nephew (who's almost 11) which was a speed game. We were letting him do the "3, 2, 1, go!", but he kept going before he actually said go.

After a couple of these, we pointed it out to him that he needs to wait, otherwise it's cheating. Without missing a beat, he says, "I'm not cheating - I'm supervising!" ROFL   The game kind of fell apart for a bit there.

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 14, 2023 6:51 pm
stargazer, SnowAngel, johobbit and 1 people liked
Page 7 / 7
Share: