Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Kids will be Kids

Page 6 / 7
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Rya's niece and nephew visited this past Sunday and the 3-year-old and I had this exchange:

Her: What's your favorite color?
Me: Um, green?
Her: No, it's brown.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 8, 2019 9:20 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

My Evan turns seven years old today. :D

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : September 30, 2019 7:48 am
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Happy birthday, Evan!! :D It's really hard to believe that much time has passed! My nephew will be turning 7 as well in a little over a month, and it just blows my mind.

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 30, 2019 2:39 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Happy belated birthday, Evan! Time sure flies.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 3, 2019 7:04 pm
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

So, my niece and nephew were over the other night. At this point, my niece is almost 4 (turns 4 next week! :D ), and my nephew is 7. My niece found an old toy of ours, a McDonald's cash register which, for reasons I never understood, came with a bar code scanner and conveyor belt like it was a grocery store register. That bugged me even as a kid. But I digress.

My niece decided that the bar code scanner made a great phone/microphone, and started talking into it like she was a drive thru cashier. As a former drive thru cashier myself, she did a really good imitation! But at one point, she was "taking an order" - from stargazer, actually - and asked, "Do you want an ice cream cone?" He responded, "Sure", and she told him, "We don't have any."

That was funny enough, but my nephew - who had been playing in the other room and I didn't even know was listening - suddenly turned towards her and indignantly said something along the lines of, "You said it, you have to have it!!"

=)) Ohhhh man, it took me a while to recover from that one.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 9, 2020 5:30 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

That was pretty humorous. ;))

A few minutes later, still playing with the cash register toy, she asked me what I wanted so I listed off some typical fast-food items (hamburger, fries, chicken nuggets, etc). She replied with "We don't have any food. What do you want?"

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 11, 2020 3:15 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

When my sisters were little, about 4 and 5, they loved to sell chili cheese fries to anyone who would buy them. They didn't have a clue what it was, but they loved the sound of it. :D

I just heard one of my little brothers ask "has anyone seen my cannon?". Which I take to mean his Playmobil cannon is missing at the moment. Sounded so funny and random to me in another area of the house. ;))

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2020 9:23 am
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

Today, we had a video call with my sister's family, largely so that my niece and nephew could say "Happy Mother's Day" to their grandma. My niece then told me "Happy Mother's Day", even after being told that I'm not a mom. ;)) Then, she asked for my brother to come into the room, so that she could wish him a happy Mother's Day, too. :))

A little while later, stargazer (who was also there) jokingly said "Happy Mother's Day" to my niece. She deadpans, "Uncle stargazer, I'm not a mom." =)) It took us a while to recover from that!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 10, 2020 4:56 pm
ForeverFan
(@foreverfan)
NarniaWeb Guru

It's been a long while since I posted on the forums, but it's been fun reading all your kid stories! 🙂 

My husband and I had a baby girl in January- since we're both fans of airplanes the obvious choice was to name her after Amelia Earhart. ;)) Anyway, she's a cute little 4 month old with big blue eyes, and we love her to bits. She's a pretty happy baby, and totally a mommy's girl right now, so I've learned how to do a lot of things while holding her. But I love it! 🙂 

I have two younger brothers who I helped raise, so in some ways Amelia feels like my third baby, but my first girl! And of course I'm looking forward to introducing her to Narnia when she's a bit older. She's already sat through a LotR movie marathon, though she slept through a good deal of it. (She was quite fascinated by the battles, however.) 

Anyway! 🙂 Congratulations (however belated) to all on your children/nieces/nephews/etc. 🙂 

Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 8, 2020 10:04 am
Fire Fairy
(@fire-fairy)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@foreverfan, Congratulations on your little Amelia! Such a cute name! ?

I just looked at the last time I posted here, and that was right after my first son was born, and now I'm pregnant with my third son! My sisters (I have 6 of them and only 2 brothers) all joke that I'm going to have all boys since my mom has so many girls. So far that's true!

Joshua turned 6 this past April and had to finish kindergarten from home because of the shutdowns. My heart kind of broke for him because he's a major extrovert and being away from his classmates for so long really took a toll on him. But he was a trooper and managed to finish and is excited to start 1st grade in a couple months.

My second son, Caleb, was born in 2017 and turned 3 in February. He loves music and has an amazing ear for it considering his age. He has food allergies, specifically dairy, peanuts, and carrots, so it's been an adventure figuring out how to work around that. He's so excited to be a big brother and keeps telling me he wants the baby to come out of my tummy. ?

Our third son is due Aug 7th! We're all so excited to have our family grow some more.

Anyway, that's what's been up with me since I was last here. So glad for the new forum with its mobile compatibility that makes it easier for me to visit!

Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 20, 2020 5:06 pm
johobbit liked
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin
Posted by: @foreverfan

My husband and I had a baby girl in January- since we're both fans of airplanes the obvious choice was to name her after Amelia Earhart.

Posted by: @fire-fairy

I just looked at the last time I posted here, and that was right after my first son was born, and now I'm pregnant with my third son!

I love it! Thanks for coming by and sharing about your growing families ladies. Grin Love  

I have three myself. My oldest son is 7. He's my avid reader and science person. My oldest daughter is 5. She's my storyteller and a super girly-girl. My youngest daughter is 3. I call her my tiny terrorist because she is crazy. LOL She loves all things creepy crawly and has no fear of picking up and carrying around things that would make most normal people run from the room screaming. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : June 20, 2020 6:58 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Two stories to tell on my older daughter....

"Mom, why did you name my sister "Shalom" [middle name]? She isn't very peaceful."  

(I can confirm this is a true statement.) ROFL

"Mom, I think I'm your most obedient kid." "Oh really?" "Yeah." *later that evening* "Okay, it's time for bed. Go put on your PJs, use the potty, and brush your teeth." *daughter throws self on the floor* "But MOOOOoooommmmm." "I thought you said you were the most obedient kid?" *pauses and thinks* "Okaaaay." *goes and gets ready for bed*

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 1, 2020 3:06 pm
Col Klink
(@col-klink)
NarniaWeb Junkie

My personality doesn't fit my name either. It means helpful but I'm...usually not. 

For better or worse-for who knows what may unfold from a chrysalis?-hope was left behind.
-The God Beneath the Sea by Leon Garfield & Edward Blishen check out my new blog!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 2, 2020 2:41 pm
ForeverFan
(@foreverfan)
NarniaWeb Guru

Thank you, @fantasia and @fire-fairy. 🙂 ❤️ We noticed today that Amelia has just started getting her first tooth, so naturally we are pretty excited, and immediately messaged her grandparents (my husband's parents) the good news. i think the hardest part of the pandemic, for us, was just that we weren't able to visit with my in-laws as much as we would have otherwise. We all live in the same city, but my mother-in-law has just finished up her treatment for cancer, so we all wanted to be extra careful. Thankfully now we can visit outside, so that's been nice. 🙂 

Congratulations on the impending arrival of your son, @fire-fairy! I hope that these last few weeks go smoothly, and that it's a good labour and delivery. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, for sure.

I really admire everyone who has been at home these past few months with multiple little children. I think you all deserve medals, especially as there's been so much happening with schools and work. I might have to come back here and ask how you each cope with the noise levels- our downstairs tenants had a baby girl a few months after us, and sometimes it can feel overwhelming, having two small babies in the house. The past few days have been better, thankfully. (And we got a white noise app for nighttimes, which has been a life saver.) I suppose it's a good test to see how well I'd handle two children. Or twins, haha. 

This post was modified 4 years ago by ForeverFan

Dear days of old, with the faces in the firelight,
Kind folks of old, you come again no more.
(Robert Louis Stevenson)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 5, 2020 8:00 pm
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

My older two dislike movies (they got that from me) but my youngest loves them. Today I pulled out Monsters Inc for her to watch for the first time....

"I'm not afraid of monsters. Not even real monsters. If I see a monster, I will bite them."

Same child, on traveling....

"I want to go to the Amazon. But if an alligator tries to bite me, I will bite it first."

Eyeroll Silly  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : January 27, 2021 3:42 pm
Page 6 / 7
Share: