Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Happy Birthday - Round Two!

Page 120 / 186
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Nice, Courtenay! Smile  

I am a day late, @AJAiken, but hoping your special day was delightful! Party A very Happy (albeit belated) Birthday to you. Thank you for your talented artistic work that is such an beautiful icon of NarniaWeb, and for all else you do here to make this site a very special place, indeed. Hug  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : January 11, 2021 7:46 am
Courtenay liked
AJAiken
(@ajaiken)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Thanks very much everyone! I had a lovely birthday, but perhaps ate too much cake ... Giggle  

Posted : January 11, 2021 9:20 am
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Happy birthday, @Rachel111!

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Posted : January 13, 2021 5:47 am
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

We've got one birthday to celebrate today - @narniacrazy91! Smile  

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : January 14, 2021 1:28 pm
Theophila
(@theophila)
Member Hospitality Committee

One birthday today as well -- happy birthday, @Larien!!! 

Hallelujah, here we come.

Loving NW Triplet of Booky & Fauny, NW Sis of Many
The *official* 2nd Follower of Aslan.

Posted : January 15, 2021 3:39 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Happy birthday today to @Sir-Edmond-the-Just!

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Posted : January 16, 2021 9:09 pm
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator

Happy Birthday, @cslewisnarnia, @Jill-and-Lucy, @elvenbug, @waggawerewolf27, and @Narnian-Rose!

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

Posted : January 17, 2021 4:32 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Happy Birthday to my fellow Aussie @waggawerewolf27!! Dancing Hug Grin  

Aussie birthday cake made for a Japanese exchange student... Hey, Sugar  Sugar | Animal cakes, Cake, How to make cake

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : January 17, 2021 5:22 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Happy birthday, @waggawerewolf27! Hope you had a great day! Party

Posted : January 17, 2021 5:51 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

Great cake, Courtenay. I was thinking of a similar one. Giggle  

I hope you had such a delightful birthday, @waggawerewolf27! Party May this coming year be ... better than 2020. Wink Sending celebratory wishes and Hug   your way, across all those thousands of miles.

Here's a tribute cake to both our countries:

Posted : January 17, 2021 6:07 pm
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

Praise Thank you all, Rose-Tree Dryad, Courtenay & johobbit, for your birthday wishes. I turned 73 yesterday, and due to an unexpected overnight family medical drama we all spent much of the day either asleep or just trying to recover from that event. To sleep is to dream, though, isn't it? Giggle  

I love both cakes made for me. Courtenay's cake is so beautiful with its little decorations & its koala, gum leaves, echidna & boomerang cake ornaments, along with our Southern Cross emblem, which on the Australian flag stands for our Southern Hemisphere Indigenous origins as a nation, as we have been informed. Poor little koalas aren't our national emblem, but what mean person could ever resist these loveable marsupials? That beautiful cake didn't even forget Tasmania. Grin  

I love johobbit's cake also, which includes the rest of Australia's flag, the seven pointed Federation star & the Union Jack. The Federation Star stands for the six states with the seventh point standing for the 2 territories we have, Australian Capital Territory & Northern Territory. There was once a time, long ago, before Canada adopted its famous Maple leaf, when the Union Jack was also on the Canadian flag, a Red ensign at the time. I've forgotten when that was exactly, though, as it was some years ago, & we have grown more used to the present flag. I understand Canada's animal symbol is the beaver, whereas a kangaroo & an emu supports our national coat of arms. 

Thank you once again, & my sincere apologies for not being more mindful of the rest of you at such a time. The real celebration husband & myself are looking forward to this year is our 50th Wedding Anniversary on May 1st. I hope COVID-19 problems have largely gone away by that time, which will make everyone happy. Thumbs up  

Posted : January 17, 2021 7:18 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Dear wagga, I am so sorry to have missed your birthday. I should be more respectful to my elders (there are only a few of you on here who are my elders).

Perhaps you should have a second birthday today? (Especially since it's still your birthday in USA). Present Present  

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : January 17, 2021 8:33 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

Hug @waggawerewolf27, really sorry to hear of the medical emergency ... and on your birthday, no less.

You know, I always learn more when I read your posts, so thanks for all the interesting info ^.

And, wow! for your upcoming 50th wedding anniversary. How wonderful! Party I hope that, indeed, COVID will have more than begun to be in the past by then so you can really celebrate this milestone with family and friends close at hand. Grin  

Posted : January 18, 2021 7:41 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Hope you had a wonderful birthday, wagga! Those are some nice cakes.

Posted by: @waggawerewolf27

...There was once a time, long ago, before Canada adopted its famous Maple leaf, when the Union Jack was also on the Canadian flag, a Red ensign at the time.

Trivia note: A friend owns the DVDs of the old Rocky and Bullwinkle shows. The former Canadian flag can sometimes be seen in the Dudley Do-Right of the Mounties segments (not in great detail, but a rectangle representing the Union Jack was in the upper left corner).

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : January 18, 2021 9:32 am
johobbit liked
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Happy birthday to @DCLeadboot! Party  

Christ is King.

Posted : January 18, 2021 11:59 am
Page 120 / 186
Share: