Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Gibbs Rules and the Mystery of G (NCIS)- SF

starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

On network television for eight years and renewed for a ninth, NCIS Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs has been sharing his rules with his team and viewers once a week. His team members consist of Abby, Dinozzo, McGee, Ziva, and Ducky. Rule # 23 - Never go anywhere without a knife!

On the other side of the U.S. from Gibbs' team is a team run out of Los Angeles headed by a guy simply named G. He and his team solve murders on the west coast while Gibbs and his team go after the bad guys on the east coast. No one, not even G, really knows what the G stands for.

NCIS and NCIS Los Angeles typically run back to back on network tv. Which one is your favorite? What do you like about the teams? Have you seen NCIS Los Angeles?

This SF is to discuss anything and everything about these two tv shows!

Topic starter Posted : August 8, 2011 2:29 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

NCIS! :D One of my favorite shows! I didn't expect to see an SF for that appear so... unexpectedly. XD

I've never been much into the LA division, but I adore the original series. My favorite characters were always Ducky and Abby. But I love them all. I named my parakeet after a character named Jeffrey who was on only one episode. ;))

My favorite episodes were the one with Jeffrey (I forget the title - the one where he's chained to DiNozzo), Ari Part 1 and 2 ( :(( ), Bete Noir, and one I forget the name of, but it's where

I missed the last few seasons, because I kind of stopped watching TV since I joined NW. :( But I plan on watching them once I buy the DVD seasons.

~Riella =:)

Posted : August 8, 2011 3:01 pm
starkat
(@starkat)
Member Moderator

I've been watching both series for years. I got into it I think about the time it came out. I was watching JAG when they did the two parter that introduced Gibbs and NCIS. The LA spinoff intro was good, but it took me a couple of episodes to get into the new series. Hetty's probably my favorite character in the LA series.

Topic starter Posted : August 9, 2011 5:29 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Another character I love is Timothy McGee. I don't see him on the character list.

What is everyone else's favorite characters and episodes? :)

Posted : August 12, 2011 8:55 pm
Melian_Maia
(@melian_maia)
NarniaWeb Junkie

NCIS!!! My brother and I watch both episodes every Tuesday.

I definitely like NCIS LA the best. I happen to like Deeks and G. :p I honestly have idea what the names of the episodes are... I just watch them. My favorite is the one where Deeks gets shot. I still call people on humble brags. ;))

Spoiler
Is anybody else under the impression that G is Hetty's son?

I can't wait for the new seasons to start! :D

Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie!Secret Order of the Swoosh

Posted : August 13, 2011 10:39 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

I've only seen a couple of episodes of NCIS LA. I don't remember too much about it. Except, I remember this one character on it (I guess her name is Hetty) really reminded me of one of the Incredibles characters.

I have a friend who looks and acts much like Abby Scuito on the original series too. :)

Is the new LA series as popular as the original series, would you say?

Posted : August 13, 2011 12:10 pm
Melian_Maia
(@melian_maia)
NarniaWeb Junkie

You know, I'm honestly not sure. I know my family prefers it because there's less gore in it, but I don't know about everyone else.

Draco Dormien Nunquam Titillandus
Minion to Lady A and Booky ⎮ NW sister to Ela, Mountie, and Rose.
Braintriplet to Narnia_Fan12 and narnianerd
Team Hoodie!Secret Order of the Swoosh

Posted : August 13, 2011 4:11 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

I've enjoyed watching both series (especially since they're on back-to-back) but haven't seen nearly all the episodes. So some of the summer reruns, and those available on demand, are still new to me.

At the moment I prefer the original, probably just because I'm "used to it," though the LA series is growing on me.

Looking forward to the new seasons!

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : August 15, 2011 11:36 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Please note that this Special Feature will be closing on Tuesday, August 30, after which you may discussion more NCIS in the Television topic. :)

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : August 23, 2011 7:51 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Which girl did you like better -- Kate or Ziva?

Posted : August 23, 2011 2:18 pm
Share: