Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Happy Birthday - Round Two!

Page 105 / 186
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

A very happy birthday to you, Varna! Those FotF Narnia radio dramas sound like such a treat! I have yet to listen to them, but they are on my wish list, so perhaps I will follow your lead when my birthday rolls around this year. ;)) So lovely of your friend to meet you for an outdoor birthday celebration! I hope you have a wonderful new year.

Posted : May 11, 2020 9:23 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

Oooh, I am so excited you treated yourself to FotF's Chronicles of Narnia Radio Theatre today, Varna. :D/ :D I listen to them over and over and over, probably 2-3 times/year. They are exceedingly well done. Courtenay, I hope you can hear the rest soon; Rose, I hope you can own them soon. B-)

And your surprise "out-of-doors corona-regulated birthday party" sounds really lovely. How nice you and your friend had that (distanced) time together, enjoying each other's company and some yummy treats (mmm, cake).

Glad you have had a really good day!

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

Posted : May 11, 2020 9:55 am
johobbit
(@jo)

Happy Birthday to Snow Angel! Even though visiting is limited these days, we hope you had a delightful and fun day with your family.

An angel food cake all decorated up for you to (virtually) enjoy ... :D

Posted : May 15, 2020 7:07 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)

A very happy birthday to SnowAngel! I hope you are enjoying a lovely day with your family, SA! (I look forward to hearing about what you decided to cook/bake for your special day. ;))) Hope you have a terrific new year!

Posted : May 15, 2020 11:22 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Happy Birthday, SnowAngel! :)

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : May 15, 2020 11:42 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

Thank you, ladies! It was a wonderful day, the weather was beautiful. I didn't do a bit of work, I just drank coffee, played games with the siblings, opened presents, and enjoyed the delicious vanilla ice cream my sister made. :) Oh, and watched two classic westerns gifted to me by the younger siblings. :D

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Posted : May 16, 2020 11:55 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Happy (very belated) birthdays to Varnafinde and SnowAngel. Sounds like you both had very enjoyable days.

(And happy Syttende Mai to Varna!)

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : May 16, 2020 8:28 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

Happy (very belated) birthdays to Varnafinde and SnowAngel. Sounds like you both had very enjoyable days.

(And happy Syttende Mai to Varna!)

Tusen takk!

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

Posted : May 18, 2020 8:05 am
johobbit
(@jo)

WIshing you a delightful birthday, coracle, on this 19th day of May. :D Sorry this is actually a day late for you (one of these years I will clue in to this the day before in my time zone ), but hoping your day was lovely in every way. Sending celebratory your way, my friend. :x

Posted : May 19, 2020 9:05 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Happy Belated Birthday, Coracle!!! :D Hope you had a wonderful day. Love the Bag End cake!

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

Posted : May 19, 2020 9:23 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)

Many belated happy birthday wishes, coracle! I hope you had a great day yesterday in your beautiful home country!

Posted : May 19, 2020 9:26 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Thank you for these lovely messages!

Love the cake!!

This year I spent time with my sister and two friends, after two years with solitary birthdays when I lived in UK.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 19, 2020 10:45 am
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

Happy belated birthday, Auntie! Glad you enjoyed your day.

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : May 19, 2020 5:27 pm
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Thank you, stargazer! I did have a good day, and feasted on leftover birthday dinner today!

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : May 19, 2020 9:38 pm
johobbit
(@jo)

:D coracle

Wishing a ♪ ♫ wonderful decade birthday ♫ ♪ to aileth today! :D/ It is such a joy to know you, my dear fellow Canadian friend.

You see scenes similar to this every day, but I couldn't resist a cake of the same. :D (Linking because it is rather large.)

Posted : May 25, 2020 2:12 am
Page 105 / 186
Share: