(@susan-pevensie)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Nicole

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): single

4.Occupation: caregiver to my baby brother 

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: google it

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: 

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I haven’t read them yet.

8. Favorite of the Chronicles

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: reading,listening to music,hangout with friends. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 27, 2023 7:57 pm
Azog the Defiler
(@azog-the-defiler)
NarniaWeb Nut

Welcome to Narniaweb @Susan Pevensie.

Posted by: @susan-pevensie

I haven’t read them yet.

I strongly suggest you read them. They are subjectively the best book series made by C.S. Lewis in the 1950s, though you're free to disagree with this statement. 😀 

Posted by: @susan-pevensie

reading,listening to music,hangout with friends. 

If you enjoy reading then you will probably enjoy the Chronicles, unless they're not your taste in literature. Of course, taste is a subjective notion when it comes to literature, and this is an objective statement.

I'm curious as to whether you've seen the Disney/Walden or BBC Narnia series, and if you have what your thoughts are on them.

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

-Benjamin Franklin

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 27, 2023 8:18 pm
Courtenay liked
psarsfield
(@psarsfield)
NarniaWeb Newbie

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Patrick

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): I'm a king

3. Family (single/married/kids): I'm a member of a Catholic religious order.

4. Occupation: Religion teacher at a Catholic high school

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: I came across it after watching a YouTube video about the upcoming Narnia films on Netflix

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I was probably about 11 or 12. (I got a boxed set as a Christmas gift from my aunt. It says that it is the 20th printing in 1978, I was definitely at least 10.)

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: Probably 5 or 6 times. I didn't read them at all during high school and started reading again every couple of years after college. 

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Voyage of the Dawn Treader

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I'm a big fan of C.S. Lewis, G.K. Chesterton, and J.R.R. Tolkien (not surprising, I guess). 

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2023 12:12 pm
johobbit, Azog the Defiler, Courtenay and 1 people liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@psarsfield a warm welcome to you!  

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2023 2:06 pm
littlgriz
(@tina-cat-moma)
NarniaWeb Regular

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Littlgriz  and Tina

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl):queen

3. Family (single/married/kids):single 

4. Occupation:  I’m a cat cuddler that helps cats get a dopted in my local shelter 

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: thrue friends 

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles:I wud say a bout 7 years old 

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles:a lot 

8. Favorite of the Chronicles:the last battle 

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:

I love animals but most of all I love Jesus 

yes ther is somthing intresting a bout me. I have. A birth defect 

caled. Williams syndrome  I’m glad to share a bout it 

you can send me a mesage I,l anser your questions 

I have a cat named taco  

in aslans paws have a good day

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 31, 2023 8:48 am
Varnafinde, Jasmine, SnowAngel and 1 people liked
WielderOfRhindon04
(@wielderofrhindon04)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hi everyone!

1. Name (please avoid your real full name):
AB (initials) or RhindonWielder

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): King

3. Family (single/married/kids): Single (to this moment...)

4. Occupation: Starting this summer with studying History at the University of Utrecht, with the goal to become a Christian History teacher.

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb: something like a year ago when I was looking for movie news and more background info

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: I don't remember the exact age, but I think something like 10

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: In the 19 years I already am on this earth, at least 4 times, my favorite parts of the Chronicles even more!

8. Favorite of the Chronicles: Its very difficult to choose between LWW and HHB, because I love to see the character development of both Peter and Shasta/Cor. How they develop from being young boys finding out what they want to become and seeking for their destiny -and in Peters case also caring for his beloved ones- into leading whole countries as (High) Kings. I think these are my favorites because I can identify pretty well with them, as you know an important part of reading books. I also really love Reepicheep as I am an heroic Knight in the Order of the Lion in my fantasies also 😉.

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you:
My hobbies are reading and gaming, especially historical/fantasy themes (also a huge fan of Tolkien, but Lewis remains no. 1). I recently started playing D&D with some Christian friends, which I like very much. I am living in the Netherlands as a Christian, member of the Body of Christ as most of us are hopefully. History is my favorite subject to talk about, but I also like Theology very much.

I am really happy to join this community of True Narnia fans, which want to stick to the Message of the books. I look forward to meet you all and I recommend watching the video's of Stuart at Into The Wardrobe, the guy who was in the last podcast of Talking Beasts.

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2023 5:53 am
fantasia and johobbit liked
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

A very warm Narnian welcome to @susan-pevensie ; @psarsfield ; @wielderofrhindon04! Wave And a hearty and warm welcome back to you, @tina-cat-momaHug  

I enjoyed reading each of your entries. Smile WielderOfRhindon04, all the best as you start Utrecht University to study history! Is this a four-year program? Are you commuting from home, or is the school further away so that you need to move where it is located?

Enjoy the discussions here, everyone! Smile  

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 6, 2023 6:20 am
WielderOfRhindon04
(@wielderofrhindon04)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@jo very nice to receive such a warm welcome, it encourages me to be active on this forum 😀 my study is a 3-year bachelor with a 2-year master after that to become a first-grade teacher, so five years in total. My home is almost a 3 hours journey from Utrecht, so I'm going to live in a Christian students house!

Have a blessed sunday!

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2023 6:27 am
littlgriz
(@tina-cat-moma)
NarniaWeb Regular

Thank you I have  known  som of you but a lot I do not know

im glad to be back

in aslans paws have a good day

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 6, 2023 6:35 am
johobbit liked
Aryen
(@aryen)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Hi... Wave  

1. Name (please avoid your real full name):Aryen

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl):Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids):Single... 

4. Occupation: Ehhh!!...

5. How you learned about NarniaWeb:I was just bored and was looking for other forums.. *Gives a sheepish shrug*

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles:I don't remember... 

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles:Books tend to blur together after a while...

8. Favorite of the Chronicles:The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: I like to read, do origami, and am a big fan of manga/anime. I am always looking for someone to play video/mobile games with and am a bit lonely in real life. I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, ADHD, and anxiety. I have sensory issues and have trouble hearing. I am okay and not insane....hopefully.... 

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2023 12:16 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

Welcome, @aryen! You're definitely okay and not insane, and Aslan knows that, even if no-one else does... Smile  

I hope you find the NarniaWeb forum a lovely friendly place to chat with others about all things Narnian and more. I can't help with the video games, sorry, but I absolutely love doing origami too!

Thanks for your introduction and enjoy being part of the community here!

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 17, 2023 3:06 pm
Aryen liked
johobbit
(@jo)

Welcome to NarniaWeb, @aryen (pretty username)! Wave So glad you found the community here. I also hope this place is a friendly one for you. We're all in this together! 'Twas interesting reading your introduction. You're certainly in good company with many other book-lovers here. Smile Enjoy exploring around and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 17, 2023 3:36 pm
Aryen liked
waggawerewolf27
(@waggawerewolf27)
Member Hospitality Committee

I keep wondering when I last visited this thread, or if I ever filled out the form below? I expect that now would be a good time to do so if I haven't done it before. Smile  

1. Name (please avoid your real full name): Joan, but on Narnia Web, I usually answer on here to Wagga. Grin  

2. King or Queen of Narnia (guy or girl): Queen

3. Family (single/married/kids): I will have been married for 53 years next May and am the mother of 3 adult daughters.

4. Occupation: A decade ago, I retired from working as a librarian in a TAFE college.

5. How you learned about Narnia Web: I was initially attracted to Narnia Web in 2008, when the filming of Prince Caspian was released, but joined as a member, by September 2009. 

6. How old were you when you first read the Chronicles: About 8, after I left boarding school, where I wasn't allowed to use the library, there. At boarding school, one of the older girls in my dormitory, borrowed LWW & read it to the rest of us, before lights out in the evening. Giggle  

7. How many times have you read the Chronicles: I've forgotten how many times I have read these books, when I am 10 months older than King Charles III, & six months younger than his Queen Consort, Camilla. 

8. Favourite of the Chronicles: The Horse and his Boy, which I would love to see filmed or televised. 

9. Hobbies and/or interesting things about you: Reading is still my favourite hobby, though my husband much prefers watching films & TV. But, as well as attending a local church, I am also a member of a local Probus club (Professional & Business), set up for retired people like my husband and me, as well as a support group for people who suffer from lung disorders like asthma, lung cancer or COPD. 

@ johobbit, I need to ask, have I ever filled in this form before? I can't remember whether I did or not. Please let me know if I did. Confused  

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 18, 2023 5:49 pm
johobbit
(@jo)
Posted by: @waggawerewolf27

@ johobbit, I need to ask, have I ever filled in this form before? I can't remember whether I did or not. Please let me know if I did. Confused  

I am not sure, actually. Giggle If I had time I would go searching, but it is fair to say that if we can't recall whether you did or not, that is the clue it is time to fill the form out again. Grin   It was very interesting reading your answers, Wagga!

About 8, after I left boarding school, where I wasn't allowed to use the library, there. At boarding school, one of the older girls in my dormitory, borrowed LWW & read it to the rest of us, before lights out in the evening. Giggle  

I love that one of the older girls took the privilege and responsibility of reading LWW to you younger gals. I wonder if she know now, decades later, what an impact that had on you.

I will have been married for 53 years next May

How absolutely wonderful! Grin  

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 19, 2023 10:45 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

@waggawerewolf27 Pleased to, er, re-meet you, Wagga — as possibly the only one here who knew from the start how to pronounce your forum name correctly! Dancing  

(for those who don't know, look up Aussie folk singer Ted Egan's song "Don't Call Wagga Wagga Wagga" Grin )

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 19, 2023 11:08 am
Page 15 / 16
Share: