Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Favorite Soundtracks, part II

Page 10 / 10
FencerforJesus
(@fencerforjesus)
NarniaWeb Guru

Some of my favorite soundtracks don't come from movies but from Video games. Three games/series have always stood out to me above the rest.

Legend of Zelda: The Zelda main theme is a household recognizable tune. Just about anyone, anywhere knows this tune. As the Zelda story got deeper with the more recent games and they gave a different tune for each temple/boss, the score just got better. Classic and awe-inspiring.

Final Fantasy: Not only do these games hold the standard for what an RPG game should look and feel, the scores for these games are part of what make it so. The scores from FFIV, FFVII, and FFIX for me are tops. FFVII in particular has perhaps one of the most epic tracks in gaming history with One-Winged-Angel.

Chrono Trigger/Chrono Cross: Chrono Trigger to this day is still considered one of the best games of all time and the score especially for Super Nintendo technology is still better than most of the recent games. Chrono Cross is one of the best sequel games I have ever played and the score, while keeping a similar theme to the original and having its own at the same time, is also spectacular. It also has one of the best boss tunes: the Dragon God.

I've been listening to VGM playlists on YouTube and some of this stuff is pure epic and I could listen to it all day long.

Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.

Posted : January 29, 2011 4:25 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

does anyone know if there's a soundtrack for "Tomorrow When The War Began"? I really would love to hear it.

and does anyone know if there's a soundtrack for "Son Of Rambow"?

:D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : January 29, 2011 5:28 am
Valiant_Lucy
(@valiant_lucy)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Yup, it does, Libby, and you can buy it here!

http://www.amazon.com/Son-Rambow-Music- ... 091&sr=8-6

It looks as though it has both cuts from the score and the 80's songs used in the film. Now this reminds me I really need to get my hands on it :P

I was really irritated while watching Enemy at the Gates around Christmas time---I kept thinking "BOY this soundtrack sounds familair". Then I realized I'd heard the exact same thing in Troy, and sure enough James Horner does them both. I find it really annoying when composers use bits of their stuff all through their work...especially when they make them their "themes". I'm all for them having a distinctive "style" but literal copy/pasting seems rather lazy. :|

"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe

Posted : January 29, 2011 5:49 am
FencerforJesus
(@fencerforjesus)
NarniaWeb Guru

Same thing with Pirates of the Caribbean and Gladiator. Some exact copying of tunes from one in the other. If it's in the same genre (like LWW and PC or HP) I can see that. But I don't like it when films in opposite time periods and genres have identical tunes. I saw Pirates before I saw Gladiator (I think, but if not I didn't pay attention to Gladiator's soundtrack back then) and every time I get to the Carthage battle I get pulled out of the movie and think Pirates. That should not be done unless it is done intentionally.

And I can only think of one time in which it was done correctly. It was with Super Mario RPG for the SNES. It has a secret boss that is from one of the first Final Fantasy games and uses Final Fantasy music (boss tune from FFIV). It was meant to remind you of the Final Fantasies which was awesome.

Be watching for the release of my spiritual warfare novel under a new title: "Call to Arms" by OakTara Publishing. A sequel (title TBD) will shortly follow.

Posted : January 29, 2011 6:07 am
CharlotteRose
(@charlotterose)
NarniaWeb Nut

I like the Narnia soundtrack because it makes me feel happy and its very peacefull! :)
As far as musicals go, I like Hairspray, Music and lyrics and Enchanted (Canthe last two be classed as a musicals...I guess so?)
The soundtracks to the LotR films are great too and so is the Spiderman soundtrack!
LOver all, most sound tracks are cool! Titanic is a good one and it always has me welling up, but all of the music is really similar! I know it has to have a motif but seriously, I can't tell one song from another :D

Narnia is childhood...

Seriously, just give the kid the orange. He needs his vitamin C!

Posted : February 15, 2011 7:09 am
Page 10 / 10
Share: