Notifications
Clear all

Favorite Music: Album Two

Page 98 / 98
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut
Posted by: @jasmine_tarkheena

There's a song that we sometime sing in our church "Another In The Fire". It's inspired by the famous story of Shadrach, Meschach, and Abednego, where God was walking with them in the fiery furnace.

I love that one!

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2024 6:14 am
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

I was just listening to The Holy City, which is a perfect song / hymn for Easter (it's the one with the "Je-ru-sa-lem! Je-ru-sa-lem!" chorus) — my favourite recording is by the unmatchable Dame Vera Lynn. It brings back special memories, because nearly 10 years ago I went on a tour of the Holy Land, and as our tour bus was driving into Jerusalem, someone put that song on the stereo (I don't know who the singer was in that case). It was just so fitting and so deeply moving that I was in tears.

A happy and blessed Easter to you all!

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 31, 2024 11:02 am
johobbit liked
The Old Maid
(@the-old-maid)
NarniaWeb Nut

I enjoyed the Silent Monks singing the Handel's Messiah: Hallelujah Chorus.

It's back! My humongous [technical term] study of What's behind "Left Behind" and random other stuff.

The Upper Room | Sponsor a child | Genealogy of Jesus | Same TOM of Toon Zone

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 22, 2024 3:55 pm
johobbit liked
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I recently listened to Beethoven’s symphonies conducted by Herbert Karajan and Leonard Bernstein. The recordings were old but remastered for CD. I would encourage anyone to listen to these classical albums on CD and vinyl. They are an experience which is much better than most modern technology.  Revisiting old performances has a certain nostalgic charm.  There are also the Beethoven’s Greatest Hits CD’s from the 1990’s, which have several hours of the composer’s best known music. I have owned the recordings for many years now and still enjoy them very much. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 27, 2024 7:46 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

I recently got a couple of Wolves At The Gate albums, Types and Shadows and Eulogies, they are currently my favorites for listening to while I work in the garden in the evenings. It's great for pulling weeds. Giggle

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2024 9:19 am
Page 98 / 98
Share: