Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Favorite Music: Album Two

Page 89 / 98
Warrior 4 Jesus
(@warrior-4-jesus)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Don't you mean 'for 2013'? Favourites songs of 2013 suggests that those songs were released last year and while I don't recognise all those listed, most of them were definitely released prior to then.

Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2014 12:59 am
Impending Doom
(@impending-doom)
Adventurous Stranger Knight of NarniaWeb

Why of course, silly me!

"Tollers, there is too little of what we really like in stories. I am afraid we shall have to try and write some ourselves." - C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 7, 2014 4:46 am
shastastwin
(@shastastwin)
Member Moderator Emeritus

One of my recent discoveries has been the C.S. Lewis-inspired album The Weight of Glory by Heath McNease. It's a fun, mellow-sounding album with songs that work with themes from Lewis' fiction and nonfiction, including Narnia, the Space Trilogy, and Till We Have Faces. Even better, McNease has released it through NoiseTrade, a site where artists offer their music for free, though you can offer a donation if you so choose. He's also apparently released a second version of the album which is a "hip hop remix" of the original. I haven't looked into that one yet, but I highly recommend taking a listen to the first version. :)

You can find it on McNease's NoiseTrade profile here.

"All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you..."
Inexhaustible Inspiration

6689 posts from forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 16, 2014 2:37 am
narnian1
(@narnian1)
NarniaWeb Guru

New single by Francesca Battistelli called Write Your Story!

SnowAngel

I hear you! I've been listening to it a lot! I love it. More so because it doesn't sound identical to all her previous stuff, but the lyrics are just as good. :)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 29, 2014 2:27 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

New single by Francesca Battistelli called Write Your Story!
SnowAngel

I hear you! I've been listening to it a lot! I love it. More so because it doesn't sound identical to all her previous stuff, but the lyrics are just as good. :)

It's such a fabulous song. Moving talk going around here, it's good song for me right now.

Listening to Jamie Grace's new CD, Ready To Fly, for the first time! Love it! :D

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 30, 2014 9:13 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

shastastwin, as you know, I am verrrry interested McNease's CSL-inspired "The Weight of Glory" CD, and hope to pick it up over the next month or so. I have heard snippets of some songs, and I think I will like it very much. Of course, one cannot go wrong with the subject material. :D

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2014 7:31 am
Reepicheep775
(@reepicheep775)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I'm really digging Chvrches right now. I've been listening to "The Bones of What You Believe" repeatedly, especially the first song "The Mother We Share".

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 5, 2014 12:26 pm
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

"The Weight of Glory" sounds really interesting. I'll have to check that out.

I've been in an indie folk mood for the past couple months. I have been listening to some random stuff in that genre. I discovered Andrew Bird; his music is kind of indie, but some of it is folk/instrumental. He's one of those artists with such an extensive discography and music background that it's taking me several months to make up my mind about whether I like his music or not. ;)) I liked "Night Sky" and "Pulaski at Night" by him, so far. He's a really, really good violinist.

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2014 9:31 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

City Harbor's self-titled debut album was finally released on the 4th, and I love it! :) My sisters and I had been waiting for their first CD since we saw City Harbor (then Molly and Josh) in concert fall 2012. We were not disappointed by the CD, except for the fact it's only ten songs. :) I think the best songs on the CD are Come However You Are, Lift It Up, and Heartbeat.

The next CD of 2014 that I am looking forward to is on the 4th of March - Jason Gray's Love Will Have The Final Word. I can't wait! The single, With Every Act of Love, is so good! :D

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 21, 2014 8:58 am
Narnian_Archer
(@narnian_archer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

It's been awhile since I've been on Narniaweb...so I'm kind of getting back in the groove of this hallowed sanctuary. :) About half a year ago I started learning fingerstyle guitar and have been listening to a lot of acoustic guitar music - any fingerstyle guitar lovers out there? What are your favorite songs or covers? Who are your favorite musicians?
Here's one of my favorite compositions so far - Igor Presnakovsky's cover of Roxette's "Listen to Your Heart" (I love the original too, by the way :) :D )

sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 7, 2014 7:56 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

My current favorite song is....

My sisters and I are absolutely loving Unusual right now. :D So delighted that's finally been released. It was the first song that Francesca Battistelli sang at the concert we went to late summer 2012. :)

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 25, 2014 12:23 pm
Arwenel
(@arin)
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Hospitality Committee

This is a link to my cousin's first album. I believe he wrote all the songs on it. :) I haven't listened to the whole thing yet myself, but i like what i've heard.

Narnian_Archer, i like that cover.

Anyone else out there tend to associate songs with fictional characters? I do, all the time -- it's kind of annoying, but not annoying in the way where you actually mind. Sometimes associating a song with a character helps me like the song better, such as Goodbye by Greg Laswell.

Lastly, i came across this re-tuning of "The Star-Spangled Banner" into a minor key. I looked up a few more major-to-minor transitions (and vice versa). I couldn't find a lot of good ones, but this version of "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" is kinda creepy.

Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it. - Rabbi Tarfon

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 18, 2014 7:10 pm
IloveFauns
(@ilovefauns)
NarniaWeb Guru

speaking of covers. There is that odd occasion when the cover is way better than the original.

This is one of them:

It is umbrella(Rihanna) covered by thirsty merc(an Australian band). It is hardly recognisable from the original and I think most will agree has a lot more.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 20, 2014 12:52 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

Anyone else like Thousand Foot Krutch? Of the bands my brother has add to our music library this year, they are my favorite. And The End Is Where We Begin is my current favorite album of theirs.

I love War of Change, probably because it fits my life so well right now.

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 22, 2014 2:05 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

I've been enjoying Owl City's new EP Ultraviolet. I really like "Beautiful Times" (with Lindsey Stirling on the violin!) and I love "Up All Night" for when I'm up ridiculously late. ;)) "Wolf Bite" is good, too.

Here's the music video for "Beautiful Times":

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 28, 2014 10:56 am
Page 89 / 98
Share: