Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Favorite Music: Album Two

Page 90 / 98
aileth
(@aileth)
Member Moderator

Here it is, Rosie, the link to The Clay and the Potter. I didn't think I would be able to find one, so I was pleasantly surprised. There are others that I know there--I searched under "children's institute songs" and there are a whole bunch that I know. The Windows of Heaven is not there, as far as I could see, which is too bad: it's another of my favourites. Most of those ones are the earlier Children's Institute songs; the later ones don't seem to be there.

Now my days are swifter than a post: they flee away ... my days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 1, 2014 5:54 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

Aw, thank you for finding that for me, aileth! The melody is very pretty and those children have lovely voices. :) I'll have to try to get my brother to learn it on the guitar so we can attempt a folk version of it!

In other music news, I've really been enjoying some of Loreena McKennitt's music lately. "The Mummer's Dance" always makes me want to dance (this live version especially), and her musical version of "The Lady of Shalott" is really beautiful. I'm thinking about rewriting the lyrics of some of her songs (the ballads, mostly) to reflect parts of CoN and then recording them, but seeing as I'm not particularly skilled at rhyming, nor particularly practiced at singing... wish me luck. ;))

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 3, 2014 10:38 am
Arwenel
(@arin)
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy? Hospitality Committee

Peter Hollens and another youtube musician Malukah recently did a cover of the song "Baba Yetu" from the video game Civilization IV. It's a beautiful song and the lyrics are a Swahili translation of the Lord's Prayer. I've been listening to it repeatedly over the past few days.

Do not be daunted by the enormity of the world’s grief. Do justly, now. Love mercy, now. Walk humbly now. You are not obligated to complete the work, but neither are you free to abandon it. - Rabbi Tarfon

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 22, 2014 2:11 pm
The Pendragon
(@the-pendragon)
NarniaWeb Junkie

This year I have found some INCREDIBLE albums! Here goes the list!

EP's
1. Edge of the Earth by Switchfoot (2014)
What can I say? Its another perfect set of songs <3
Favorite Tracks: "Skin and Bones", "What It Costs", "Liberty", "Edge of the Earth"

... CFospEnMeK

Albums:
1. Hadestown by Anais Mitchell (2010)
Its a Greek mythology story told in the form of a folk album/ soundtrack. My obsession with this album is a problem :p
Favorite Tracks: "Wedding Song", "Way Down Hadestown", "If Its True", "Epic part 2", "Wait For Me".

One listen and you'll be obsessed, guaranteed ;)

2. Lonesome Dreams by Lord Huron (2012)
Its like a western movie put into an indie folk album. It sounds like a John Wayne movie. And its amazing.
Favorite Tracks: "She Lit A Fire", "Time To Run", "The Ghost on the Shore", "In the Wind"

3. Fort Wayne by Heath McNease (2014)
If you could turn autumn into an artist, it would be Heath McNease. He has the perfect mix of sadness and new seasons of life and hope in a way I can't explain.
Favorite Tracks: "Coleridge", "Upper Right", "Traveling Wilburys", "Georgia", "Eastbound 94"

4. The Peace of Wild Things by Paper Route (2012)
This album deserves SO much more attention, its FLAWLESS! Definitely for fans of Imagine Dragons! Even though they're much better ;)
Favorite Tracks: "Love Letters", "Letting You Let Go", "Glass Heart Hymn", "Two Hearts", "Sugar"

5. The Lone Bellow by The Lone Bellow (2013)
Sounds like...1800's in the summer. Then 1920's. All together old fashioned, ramped up folk. Gotta love that! Mumford and Sons fans will LOVE this!!
Favorite Tracks "Green Eyes and a Heart of Gold", "You Can Be All Kinds of Emotional", "Teach Me To Know", "Button", "Bleeding Out"

6. You Belong Here by Leagues (2013)
Catchy catchy CATCHY! Pop/indie/electronic to die for!!!
"Mind Games", "Haunted", "Pass My Way", "Spotlight", "Lost It All"
http://noisetrade.com/jarsofclayspringt ... 12-sampler
NOTE: this EP's versions of "Mind Games" and "Haunted" are MUCH better than the album version!

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 28, 2014 9:21 pm
Queen Susan
(@queen-susan)
NarniaWeb Guru

SnowAngel, yes, I'm a TFK fan! I've finally given their newest album (Oxygen:Inhale) a listen, and I listened to "Light Up" about 20 times in a row and then played it on the piano a few times, sang it since it was stuck in my head, etc. ;)

I think my favorite genre of music is more indie/folk/I don't know exactly how to describe it, but whenever one of my old favorite rock artists comes out with an album, I have a new appreciation for "soft" rock - LOVE all of TFK's and Skillet's and Red's laidback songs. Almost anything that's filled with strings.

The Pendragon: Oooh, Paper Route! Haven't given them a listen in a while, and didn't realize they had a new album. I'll have to check it out.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2014 5:41 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

SnowAngel, yes, I'm a TFK fan! I've finally given their newest album (Oxygen:Inhale) a listen, and I listened to "Light Up" about 20 times in a row and then played it on the piano a few times, sang it since it was stuck in my head, etc. ;)

Cool! :) Yeah, the new album is much better the more I listen to it. I wasn't sure about it at first. Although it can't top The End Is Where We Begin or Phenomenon for me at least, it is still a really good album. :) I can't think of my favorite songs right now, my sister has Nine Lashes' From Water To War on the stereo behind me.

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 21, 2014 9:43 am
HazyHays
(@hazyhays)
NarniaWeb Regular

I totally love music and am mostly into Pop music that I can move to as I also am a dancer and I love to dance. Some of my favorites right now are Flume, Halsey, Rihanna, Selena Gomez, Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Ariana Grande, Alessia Cara, Daya, Zara Larsson, Bebe Rexha, Hailee Steinfeld, Tove Lo, Pentatonix, Lana Del Rey,and Charli XCX,

"Daughter of Eve from the far land of Spare Oom, around the bright city War Drobe, how would it be if you came and had tea with me?"~ Mr. Tumnus

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 14, 2016 10:39 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

When you open up a thread and realize it been over two years since your last post and you lived in a different state then. :-?

I just got Danny Gokey's new album Rise. It's a great followup to Hope in Front of Me. My favorite song is the title track.

The last two years I have added the following artists to my CD collection: Colton Dixon, Danny Gokey, Audio Adrenaline, Jordan Feliz, Stars Go Dim, and most recently Owl City. Plus Tenth Avenue North, Third Day, and Building 429 have all released music since October 2014. :D

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 21, 2017 2:04 pm
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

My favorite band Third Day announced a new album today!!! It's called Revival and the release date is August 4th! :D B-) :D/ :-bd The first single Revival was release a couple months ago, but the album wasn't announced until today. It is probably obvious that I am super happy and very excited about the new album. :)

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 28, 2017 4:56 pm
Fireberry
(@fireberry)
NarniaWeb Newbie

It seems three very young UK Narnia fans have formed a band; and they named themselves after a favorite book! They mention it here!
(

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 29, 2017 3:53 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)

*chokes on dust* ;)

After Christmas I didn't return to listening to much of my CCM library, I've only been listening to Michael Card, Fernando Ortega, 4Him's Hymns album, and various instrumental albums. My sister recently discovered CityAlight and Red Mountain Music...WOW! Music that's actually grounded in Scripture. I am especially enjoying RMM's hymn arrangements, really like Pensive, Doubting, Fearful Heart. I wish we sang music like that at my church.

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 13, 2019 9:38 am
Wanderer Between Worlds
(@wanderer)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hello!

I know that this forum hasn't seen a lot of activity for a while, but I wanted to pop by and say hi, as I had a musical query.

Over the past couple of months, I have fallen in love with classical music. I find a lot of depth in it, and there are pieces that really speak to me. The best way I can describe it is a feeling of getting lost in a beautiful forest... :)

I've been listening to a lot of Tchaikovsky (1812 Overture, The Nutcracker, Swan Lake), Vivaldi (The Four Seasons), and Camille Saint-Saens (Carnival of the Animals, Danse Macabre) lately, along with various other pieces by other composers (Beethoven, Chopin, Mozart, Bach, Grieg). I'd be curious to see if there are any other NarniaWebbers who like classical music. I would also love to hear anyone else's recommendations about composers or pieces, as I am always looking for more classical music to listen to! :D

--Wanderer

"I am,” said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2020 11:45 am
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

Oh man, I love classical as well!

Vivaldi has always been one of my favourite composers - especially The Four Seasons! I'd also check out Debussy and Hayden - they've got some really neat stuff.
I also really enjoy film scores.

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2020 12:55 pm
Wanderer Between Worlds
(@wanderer)
NarniaWeb Nut

Vivaldi has always been one of my favorite composers - especially The Four Seasons! I'd also check out Debussy and Hayden - they've got some really neat stuff. I also enjoy film scores.

Hello Glenwit!

I like your name--very Narnian :)

Which season is you favorite? Personally, I especially like Winter and Spring. I'll definitely have to listen to Debussy and Hayden, too. Are there any pieces that you would specifically recommend?

Also, which film scores are your favorites? I haven't listened to many although I've always liked the original Star Wars scores.

--Wanderer

"I am,” said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2020 2:39 pm
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hello Glenwit!

I like your name--very Narnian :)
--Wanderer

Thank you - I like yours too :)

At least you can wander between worlds - I'm stuck in Narnia permanently. =))

Ok, I'll stop now. For Debussy, Clair de Lune is probably my favourite. For Haydn, I'd recommend the Emperor's Symphony in C major.

For film scores, there's a lot. Aside from the Narnia films, I also really enjoy Inception, Hacksaw Ridge, and Gladiator! Bear McCreary scores a lot of tv series - I really like his music as well.

Aha yes - Star Wars is an iconic soundtrack. One of the best for sure.

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 5, 2020 4:17 pm
Page 90 / 98
Share: