Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Countdown to Christmas 2023

Page 3 / 3
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

A belated Merry Christmas! Hope y'all had fun.

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 27, 2023 4:40 am
SnowAngel and coracle liked
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

We had a lovely Christmas Day, no snow, but it was still very nice.

Stockings, breakfast (blackberry coffeecake with coffee), and the rest of the presents was much of the morning and a delightful morning it was. Among the gifts I received were several purple items (notebook, highlighter, a flannel shirt), a new hat, and a plaid scarf. Family gifts included a couple of puzzles, dark roast coffee, and two vinyl records (Mannheim Steamroller's Christmas In The Aire and Brian Sauve's Even Dragons Shall Him Praise), all of which we are enjoying.

For lunch we had meatballs, mashed potatoes, BBQ sauces (rhubarb with raisins and peach), peas with toasted almonds, peaches, spinach salad with craisins and almonds, and artisan bread. Smile We had guests and everyone seemed to enjoy the meal. I was very pleased that we can successfully reheat 10 pounds of mashed potatoes in a crockpot, we hadn't done that much in the crockpot previously and I was a little nervous about doing it for the first on a holiday with guests. So happy to be able to report it worked very well and everyone got hot mashed potatoes. Grin  

We had 8 kinds of cookies plus homemade marshmallows for dessert this year. Giggle We had lemon spritz, double chocolate, orange chocolate chip, gingerbread, sourdough sugar cookies, and peanut butter fudge cookies plus GF chocolate cookies and chocolate chip aquafaba cookies. All were delicious. 

Games played throughout the day included sequence, canasta, bridge, and cribbage. The bridge party was especially noisy and no, I wasn't playing. Giggle And a 550 piece puzzle, which was a Christmas present, was also done start to finish.

All the decorations and the Christmas tree will stay as is until after Epiphany. Smile  

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 27, 2023 10:31 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: