Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Avatars/Signatures/Locations/etc!

Page 6 / 7
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

My Avatar: Is me, but that's not my real name that I have on it. I made it because I have this huge fanyasy of playing the character Irene Adler in the new BBC Sherlock.

My Signature: Obviously I want to see more Sherlock episodes! :) :D

My location: I need to change it. My friend King Tirian and I are both role-players on myspace and close friends now. I role-play a Jill and he role-plays Tirian and both our characters are in a romance storyline so our locations are basically us still role-playing and being silly. hehe :D ;)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : December 6, 2010 4:59 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

Right now, I'm wearing my Valentines Day themed graphics --

The avvy is from FOTR. It's supposed to be two Hobbits on a date. @};-

And the sig, also from FOTR, is supposed to be someone giving a Valentine to Frodo, haha. Of course... it's really the One Ring. ;))

~Riella =:)

Posted : February 11, 2011 11:12 am
SnowAngel
(@snowangel)
Maiden of Monday Madness Moderator

I changed my avatar and sig both a couple days, I want something with a Easter theme.

SnowAngel

Christ is King.

Posted : April 13, 2011 11:09 am
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

Recently changed my graphics . . .

My avatar was made by campgirl and is of Flynn Rider from Tangled, who apparently took over my account on April Fools Day.

My sig is the same . . . a link to my photobucket and a link to where you can buy my book. :D

My location I changed to "I'm on a horse" to parody the Old Spice commercial because I saw this and couldn't stop laughing because it fit Flynn sooooooooo well. :)) (Note: the only people who will really get it are those who've seen the original Old Spice commercial . . . so I recommend you watch that before you watch the Flynn version. ;) )

P.S."Brooklyn!"

BeautyLikeNight's Graphics
My book: The Blind Traveler

Posted : April 13, 2011 1:47 pm
Adeona
(@adeona)
Thursday's Wayfaring Child Hospitality Committee

My current avatar was made by oldefashioned on LiveJournal. I'm using it in celebration of spring!

I will probably be getting a new avatar pretty soon for Easter, though.

My signature is a blatant advert for Narnia Style Day, made by our Costumes Moderator Meltintalle:

It links to the Narnia Style Day thead. In my signature is also a list of my "RL" siblings who have NWeb accounts.

My location - "Atop Grasmoor in Cockermouth, Cumbria" - is from a book I read recently: The Shield Ring by Rosemary Sutcliff. I want to go there very badly. :) Plus I just really like the word Cumbria. :p

"In the end, there is something to which we say: 'This I must do.'"
- Gordon T. Smith
avi by Flambeau

Posted : April 13, 2011 3:37 pm
stargazer
(@stargazer)
Member Moderator

I dug up an old avatar in honor of my story for this month's Script Frenzy, an adaptation of one of my NaNo stories, which in turn is a fan fiction of the mid-90s animated series Gargoyles. It's one of the show's iconic shots, showing a stone Goliath atop Castle Wyvern (which is my current location):

My avatar is a picture of the Moon over Wyoming's Grand Tetons mountain range - a place I love to visit and have adopted as one of the settings for my story:

But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.

Posted : April 13, 2011 4:05 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I tend to change my graphics a lot, but for posterity's sake, I'll post in this thread. ;)

My avatar is of a really pretty flower, made by the lovely flambeau. I chose it because it reminds me of springtime, and it matches the colors of the text in my signature. ;)

My current signature text looks something like this:

"The deeds will not be less valiant because they are unpraised."
-Aragorn, The Return of the King

Team Hoodie!
Founder of the Lurkers Club: PM to join!
NW sib to Lia | av: flambeau | sig: campgirl

My signature was made by the amazing campgirl, and is from an equally amazing movie called Tangled. It's one of my favorites. I put it up tonight after watching Tangled for the first time, because right after the movie, I killed a centipede with a frying pan. ;)) (Now THAT'S a story for another time... if you want to hear it, you can PM me. :p) The quote in the sig, the one by Aragorn, is one I scribbled down after reading it in The Return of the King. It particularly stood out to me for some reason, and what better place to put it than in my sig? :p It makes me realize that even the good things I do in secret are valiant, even though they are unpraised. :)

I got the idea of doing the colors in the sig from Silver the Wanderer. Her signatures always have lovely colors in them. :p

My location has pretty much always been "where dreams and faith collide." I don't really know where I came up with it, but it's very poetic and I still love it to this day. ;))

As for my username, it's based off of the flower juice that was used to make Lucy's cordial. The cordial was made from the juice of the fireflowers that grew in the mountains of the sun. Voila! MountainFireflower. ;)

The end. ;)

av by dot

Posted : April 15, 2011 6:55 pm
Fire Fairy
(@fire-fairy)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I remember this thread! I posted in it forever ago, when I still had Narnia-themed avies and sigs. Since then I decided to start putting my other interests into them, since I figured everyone here gets that I'm a Narnia fan. ;)

My avatar is a quote from Detective Conan, an anime show I am absolutely in love with. The quote is something that one of the characters, Vermouth, says in English all the time. Except her accent makes it sound like "a secret makes a oo-man oo-man" :D . Love it. Thanks to Aravis Autarkeia for the avy.

Signature:

My signature is a quote from Avatar: The Last Airbender. Aang, the main character, asks this really old herb lady, "You're insane, aren't you?" She gives him a big grin and says "That's right!" Thanks to Starsy for the sig.

My location:
"Stuck in a book..."

This is pretty much self-explanatory. Nine times out of ten, if you can't find me, I'm either on my computer or reading a book. I read so much growing up that instead of being grounded or losing TV privileges, my parents would take away my book. :p

Member of the Dragon Lovers Club. PM FrecklefaceJill to join.

Posted : May 3, 2011 4:41 pm
MountainFireflower
(@mountainfireflower)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I wanted to post in here before I changed my avatar and sig again. ;))

This is my avatar that I've had for about a month, that I really liked - made by the amazing flambeau.

And my sig, made by the lovely Ithilwen. It's a quote from True Justice, a RP in DT.

My signature text hasn't changed too much, but here it is anyway. :)

Wielder of the Frying Pan
Team Hoodie!
The Secret Order of the Swoosh
Founder of the Lurkers Club: PM to join!
NW sib to Lia | av: flambeau | sig: Ithilwen | pan sig: campgirl

My location and other profile info has stayed pretty much the same. :)

av by dot

Posted : September 3, 2011 7:40 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Right now I am using a avatar and sig of Andy and Woody from Toy Story 3 that I've made myself. I didn't upload the avatar to my photobucket however here's the sig:

One day I was looking through my old movies and found some of my old vhs tapes of the first two films and while I was watching them (and my third copy on dvd) I started thinking how much I miss my childhood, so I imagine how Andy's character must feel by the third film so it inspired my set that day. Even though my childhood is over for me I still feel young at heart so that is my message with the set.

Plus looking forward to Toy Story 4. Wohoo! :D

My location I felt matched with the set. I'm going to live my life still very carefree at times. :)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : September 3, 2011 9:00 pm
Miss Rosario
(@miss-rosario)
NarniaWeb Guru

I seem to recall telling the story behind my username quite a bit......but here we go again. Rosario is a marine station on the coast of Washington, where my family spends the summer once every few years. It's my favorite place - hence my sister and I both have it in our usernames.

My current avatar is from Iconator.com. I thought it was nice to begin with, but I chose it mainly because I was looking for something that would match my green font. So.... voila!

For my current signature, I have this:

Icon from Iconator.com
WC:79
The Grammar Nazi
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless." ~Mother Teresa
"Hope is real. Help is real. Your story is important." ~TWLOHA

The icon part is self-explanatory.
WC:79 stands for Welcoming Committee: 79 people. I've welcomed 79 members to the forum.
The Grammar Nazi is there because I'm very picky about using correct grammar/spelling. ;))
"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless" is a quote from Mother Teresa I really like.
And the last quote is from TWLOHA (To Write Love On Her Arms), an organization dedicated to helping people who are depressed, suicidal, self-harming, using substance abuse, and other such things. I'm grateful for the people who run it. Think of how many lives they save per day.

Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci

Posted : September 4, 2011 11:10 am
Tarkheena
(@tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Nut

Nine times out of ten, if you can't find me, I'm either on my computer or reading a book. I read so much growing up that instead of being grounded or losing TV privileges, my parents would take away my book. :p

Me too! I stayed up past curfew reading The Hobbit once, and my dad took it away. :( That happened years ago, and I still haven't gotten around to reading the ending. *shakes head* So sad ....

Anyway, I change my avatar/signature a lot, but here's the set I'm currently using:

I like it because part 2 of Doctor Who's sixth season started up last week, and it's absolutely brilliant so far. As a result, I've gone on a mad-obsessive-graphic-making streak. ;)) Plus - the expressions on their faces, the shot itself, and the coloring all are great. I just had to use it. :)

avvie & sig by me

Team Hoodie!!!
Hoot Owl Of NarniaWeb

Posted : September 4, 2011 5:40 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

my avatar is one I made myself :) my first ever!

and my siggy is sort of an in-joke from chat. :P The jedi Clone made me her 'minion' and so Narnian_Archer was kind enough to make us matching graphics :) :D

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : September 5, 2011 5:03 am
narnian_at_heart
(@narnian_at_heart)
NarniaWeb Guru

My avatar is Susan at a premiere. I'm not sure which one.

My sig is a screencap of Susan at the end of Prince Caspian. I love Susan and will always believe that she eventually came to Narnia in the end so I put her as looking very sad upon leaving Narnia and saying that Narnia is home.

And my location is the state where I live.

Posted : September 5, 2011 9:23 am
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

These are the graphics I used last month (I usually use graphics for a month):

The avvie is from the movie What a Girl Wants. I used it because she looked both classy and perhaps a bit evil. Which is the look I like to go with, since I consider myself a Lady and a Minion. ~o)

The signature is a lyric sig. It's one of my favorite lines from the song Lose Control by Evanescence. It has special meaning to me, because of things that have happened in my personal life. Or rather, things I've seen happen to other people, where they try so hard to attain something and then make one mistake and it all falls apart -- All the perfect pretty flowers in a row in a garden, which you think will never fade, suddenly being tossed into the dust to die. That happened to someone I knew, who I loved very dearly; and so I wore that as a sort of special memorial for what happened to her. :(

I think this is my favorite set out of all the sets I've ever used. I was sad to change it, but I felt like doing something new. Maybe some day I'll go back to them.

~Riella =:)

Posted : September 5, 2011 2:59 pm
Page 6 / 7
Share: