Notifications
Clear all

Your Favorite Lines

Page 2 / 2
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

So many to choose from.

Aravis and Lasaraleen arrive at Lasaraleen's house, and she talks to her servants-

"And anyone I catch talking about this young lady will be first beaten to death then burned alive then after that be kept on bread and water for six weeks. There."- Lasaraleen, The Horse and His Boy

King Caspian and his men arrive at Governor's Gumpas house-

"No interviews without appointments except for between 9-10 pm on second Saturdays"- Governor Gumpas, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Edmund gives Shasta some wise advice (this may have been because he was a traitor himself)-

"But even a traitor may mend. I have known someone who did"- Edmund, The Horse and His Boy

Emeth volunteers to go into the stable to see Tash, though Rishda tries to talk him out of it-

"Thou art a fool and understandest nothing. These be high matters"- Rishda Tarkaan, The Last Battle

Lucy makes a suggestion after the Pevensies and Trumpkin tried to go in another direction-

“I suppose we'll have to go right up gorge again now"- Lucy, Prince Caspian

And my all-time favorite, where Emeth tells of his encounter with Aslan-

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved"- Emeth, The Last Battle

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2021 4:15 pm
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

''In that world, I have another name.''-Aslan

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2021 2:38 pm
Kokoro Hane, Mrs Smooshy, Cleander and 1 people liked
Glenwit
(@glenwit)
NarniaWeb Nut

"I'm on Aslan's side, even if there isn't any Aslan to lead (Narnia)".  I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." - Puddleglum

This is the journey
This is the trial
For the hero inside us all
I can hear adventure call
Here we go

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2021 7:44 pm
Kokoro Hane, Mrs Smooshy, Cleander and 1 people liked
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

"Welcome, Prince," said Aslan. "Do you feel yourself sufficient to take up the Kingship of Narnia?"

"I don't think I do sir," said Caspian. " I am only a kid."

"Good," said Aslan. "If you had felt yourself sufficient, it would have been proof that you were not."

- Prince Caspian 

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 25, 2021 10:04 pm
The Bulldog, Kokoro Hane, coracle and 3 people liked
Cyberlucy
(@cyberlucy)
Member Friend of NarniaWeb
Posted by: @glenwit

"I'm on Aslan's side, even if there isn't any Aslan to lead (Narnia)".  I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can, even if there isn't any Narnia." - Puddleglum

Definitely mine.  Puddleglum had some of the best lines in the series.  

These are only shadows of the real world

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2021 9:00 pm
Mrs Smooshy
(@mrs-smooshy)
NarniaWeb Regular

I just read the chapter "The Queen of the Underworld" from "The Silver Chair" to my kids this evening and I teared up at Puddlglum's lines about living as a Narnian even if there isn't any Narnia.  Just really brilliant and really speaks to the deeper truths about faith and trust.  It's probably one of the most heroic speeches of the entire series. 

The Mr, the Mrs (that's me) and the little Smooshers....plus our cats

Fancy Signature pending......

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 11, 2021 12:33 am
Courtenay, Cyberlucy, Jasmine and 1 people liked
fledge1
(@fledge1)
NarniaWeb Nut

Voyage of the Dawn Treader 

"Courage Dear Heart"

Just got a pretty big tattoo with this quote by it. 

I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun: not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2021 11:44 am
Courtenay and Glenwit liked
rainyweather
(@rainyweather)
NarniaWeb Nut

Here are some of my favorite quotes from VDT, mostly for humor reasons Giggle :

Reepicheep quotes:

"“Yes, yes,” cried Reepicheep, clapping his paws together. “That’s how I’ve always imagined it—the World like a great round table and the waters of all the oceans endlessly pouring over the edge. The ship will tip up—stand on her head—for one moment we shall see over the edge—and then, down, down, the rush, the speed—” “And what do you think will be waiting for us at the bottom, eh?” said Drinian. “Aslan’s country perhaps,” said the Mouse, its eyes shining. “Or perhaps there isn’t any bottom. Perhaps it goes down for ever and ever. But whatever it is, won’t it be worth anything just to have looked for one moment beyond the edge of the world.”"

"She spent a good deal of time sitting on the little bench in the stern playing chess with Reepicheep. It was amusing to see him lifting the pieces, which were far too big for him, with both paws and standing on tiptoes if he made a move near the center of the board. He was a good player and when he remembered what he was doing he usually won. But every now and then Lucy won because the Mouse did something quite ridiculous like sending a knight into the danger of a queen and castle combined. This happened because he had momentarily forgotten it was a game of chess and was thinking of a real battle and making the knight do what he would certainly have done in its place. For his mind was full of forlorn hopes, death-or-glory charges, and last stands."

Meaningful quote:

"“It isn’t Narnia, you know,” sobbed Lucy. “It’s you. We shan’t meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?” “But you shall meet me, dear one,” said Aslan. “Are—are you there too, Sir?” said Edmund. “I am,” said Aslan. “But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”"

Proof that water is wet (take the Duffers' words for it!) quotes Grin :

"The meal would have been pleasanter if it had not been so exceedingly messy, and also if the conversation had not consisted entirely of agreements. The invisible people agreed about everything. Indeed most of their remarks were the sort it would not be easy to disagree with: “What I always say is, when a chap’s hungry, he likes some victuals,” or “Getting dark now; always does at night,” or even “Ah, you’ve come over the water. Powerful wet stuff, ain’t it?”"

"The Chief Monopod hung back and warned the others that they’d find the water powerful wet"

Other funny quotes:

"“But look here,” said Eustace, “this is all rot. The world’s round—I mean, round like a ball, not like a table.” “Our world is,” said Edmund. “But is this?” “Do you mean to say,” asked Caspian, “that you three come from a round world (round like a ball) and you’ve never told me! It’s really too bad of you. Because we have fairy-tales in which there are round worlds and I always loved them. I never believed there were any real ones. But I’ve always wished there were and I’ve always longed to live in one. Oh, I’d give anything—I wonder why you can get into our world and we never get into yours? If only I had the chance! It must be exciting to live on a thing like a ball. Have you ever been to the parts where people walk about upside-down?”"

"And, of course, the Monopods went with them, bouncing like footballs and agreeing with one another in loud voices till Eustace said, “I wish the Magician would make them inaudible instead of invisible.” (He was soon sorry he had spoken because then he had to explain that an inaudible thing is something you can’t hear, and though he took a lot of trouble he never felt sure that the Monopods had really understood, and what especially annoyed him was that they said in the end, “Eh, he can’t put things the way our Chief does. But you’ll learn, young man. Hark to him. He’ll show you how to say things. There’s a speaker for you!”)"

"We shall all, in the end,
be led to where we belong.
We shall all, in the end,
find our way home."

- The Beatryce Prophecy by Kate DiCamillo

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 31, 2022 8:54 pm
Courtenay liked
Kokoro Hane
(@kokoro-hane)
NarniaWeb Regular
Posted by: @jewel

''In that world, I have another name.''-Aslan

This is my absolutely favorite quote too! I still remember my breath taken away the first time I read it. It's enough to bring tears of joy to the eyes!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 7, 2022 9:30 pm
fledge1
(@fledge1)
NarniaWeb Nut

Once there were four children....

I believe in Christianity as I believe in the sun: not only because I see it, but by it I see everything else. -C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 26, 2022 7:50 am
The Bulldog
(@reshpeckabiggle)
NarniaWeb Regular

“Well, not exactly,” said Digory.

”Not exactly,” shouted Polly, “Why, it’s absolute bosh from beginning to end.”

Why do I love Polly Plummer?  Mind you, she is addressing this exclamation to Queen Jadis, who has destroyed her own world Charn, and is preparing to terrify London, and become Narnia’s first “Neevil”.  What an awesome girl!

I object to that remark very strongly!

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 24, 2022 10:52 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

“Where the waves grow sweet, doubt not, Reepicheep, there is the utter East.”  

This is one of the best lines from Voyage of the Dawn Treader. When the ship reaches that part of the sea it is one of the moving parts of the book. It was the beginning of the end of the voyage.

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 28, 2022 4:16 am
Courtenay liked
Page 2 / 2
Share: