Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Who Was The Best King?

Page 2 / 2
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

When I saw the vote, the first thought that passed through my mind was "Peter of course" haha. Of course, it's rather hard to choose between kings, because each has their good and bad sides, and in reality, all those kings were good and the best in their own situation. But of all of them, I like King Peter the best, I mean, there was a reason why he is the High King and why during his reign Narnia had it's golden age (well, yes, he did have his brother and sisters to advise and help him, but well, work with me :p ) I mean, he wasn't called King Peter the Magnificant for nothing ;)

(and of course, Aslan is the best of all kings, that's why he remains the high king over all high kings of Narnia, but I am talking about the human kings who reigned for a certain period of time, so of all those kings, I think Peter is the best. :D )

always be humble and kind

Posted : September 13, 2013 10:38 am
Lilygloves
(@lilygloves)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think that Peter is a popular king because we know the most about him. It's not like the others were bad kings aside from the expected minor flaws, but we hear the most about Peter. I would have to agree that I loved Frank before he became the king. He was sensible and took charge even before he became king. He was such an honest person and genuinely cared about being a good king. He definitely displays humbleness.

Posted : September 26, 2013 9:33 am
narnia fan 7
(@narnia-fan-7)
NarniaWeb Guru

I choose the High King Peter not saying the other Kings where bed but overall I think Peter was the best.

Posted : October 28, 2013 3:13 pm
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

Other than Aslan, high king Peter. Rilian was a foolish prince, and Tirian, whom is one of my favorites, nevertheless, didn't keep watch of Narnia very well. That's house the false Aslan rose up.

Posted : February 8, 2014 3:53 pm
EmpressJadis
(@empressjadis)
NarniaWeb Regular

Well, I guess I have to say Edmund. In the books, he is level and clearheaded. And then in Prince Caspian, he was a lot wiser and calmer than Peter! But he's also just my fave character!

EmpressJadis

Just because they can't feel it too doesn't mean that you have to forget

The Call, Prince Caspian
(Song by Regina Spektor)

Posted : June 30, 2014 12:08 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

What sort of criteria does one use to determine the best king? We're told that Peter and Edmund made good laws; Caspian is beloved by his people; and they all served Aslan.

I'm biased toward Peter since he's invested with the title High King... but then I like Edmund, Frank, Tirian, and Lune as characters. And Caspian. And Rillian.

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : July 5, 2014 7:35 am
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

For me, I think it's a toss-up between King Frank, first King of Narnia, and Tirian, last King of Narnia. The cabby is such a wonderful character; he is so humble and good-natured and he took such good care of Strawberry/Fledge. Frank was the perfect person to become the first king of Narnia. King Tirian, on the other hand, remained steadfast and faithful to Aslan even when it looked as though all hope was lost, and was a comfort to his people in a time of great distress. He is an inspiration.

I have to say, though, all of the kings (except for Miraz, of course!) that appear in the Narnia series are wonderful people and excellent monarchs. It makes it very hard to choose! ;))

Posted : July 5, 2014 9:15 am
Page 2 / 2
Share: