Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Of the Seven Friends of Narnia... (now with poll, lol)

Page 1 / 2
PhelanVelvel
(@phelanvelvel)
NarniaWeb Nut

Which one had the Narnian experience you would want to have? What I mean by this is, if you could take the place of one of the seven friends, which would it be? Would you want to be Lucy, who gets to go to Narnia three times (not including LB) and gets to sail on the Dawn Treader? Or would you want to be Eustace, who gets to sail on the Dawn Treader AND meet Puddleglum? :P You get the idea. Who had the experience you would want? And it's independent of gender, so you can take Lucy's place without turning into a girl, etc. XP Don't want that to sway anyone's decision, lol.

OH SNAP THERE'S A POLL. I just realised this question is perfect for one. I know that Susan is still one of the main characters, but I doubt anyone would choose her. >_>

Topic starter Posted : March 6, 2013 5:32 pm
DiGoRyKiRkE
(@digorykirke)
The Logical Ornithological Mod Moderator

I would take Eustace's. Not only did he get to sail to the end of the world live as a dragon (FLYING!!!!), meet Puddleglum, travel to the north of the world, travel to the bottom of the world, but he also got to see the end of the world, and participate in the battle thereof.

Member of Ye Olde NarniaWeb

Posted : March 7, 2013 12:29 am
fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Oooh, good question, and a hard one. *ponders* I think I would choose Digory. To have the experience of seeing the creation of Narnia I think would top just about everything else. And then Digory gets the added bonus of building the wardrobe and housing four kids who find Narnia again by wandering through that wardrobe.
And he gets to fly too, on Fledge. ;))

Posted : March 7, 2013 2:00 am
King_Erlian
(@king_erlian)
NarniaWeb Guru

Yes, a very good question. I think I'd be Edmund. Not that I would want to betray my brother and sisters, but once Edmund turns good he does a pretty good job. He gets to fight in the battles, without having the ultimate responsibility that Peter has. He grows up to be a capable and confident king. He gets to live in Narnia and have a good life there for many years. Aslan congratulates him in PC. Then he gets to sail to the Eastern end of the Narnian world, even if he has to share a room with Eustace. Finally he goes to Aslan's Country with the others.

Posted : March 7, 2013 2:57 am
Lion's Emblem
(@lions-emblem)
NarniaWeb Guru

I agree with King_Erlian, I think I have to go with Edmund. Not because I'd want to hang out with the White Witch or be the traitor, but because I think Edmund's journey is one that is the deepest turn-around. True, all the characters have that arc and grow, but Edmund becomes something far better than what he was before. We all have our faults, but to learn and grow and become someone far deeper and improved, what could be more thrilling?

Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan

Posted : March 7, 2013 5:11 pm
PhelanVelvel
(@phelanvelvel)
NarniaWeb Nut

For me, it is so very difficult to choose between Eustace and Lucy. Lucy had the greatest thrill of the unknown out of the Pevensies, Eustace, and Jill, I think. The others all knew about Narnia before they got there, but Lucy was literally living in our world, the "real world", and suddenly found herself in another one. That feeling would have been extraordinary. She also got to live for quite a while in Narnia as a queen, got to meet Shasta and Aravis, had many close encounters with Aslan, and sailed on the Dawn Treader. But I love the Silver Chair, and Eustace got to sail on the Dawn Treader and go on that journey where I feel he, Jill, and Puddleglum built such a deep friendship.

It's tough. I think Lucy really had it better, living as a queen in Narnia all that time must have been wonderful, and the quest to save Prince Rilian was full of hardship. But in the end, I think I'd sooner choose Eustace. He was a hero to Prince Rilian and King Tirian, which is pretty cool.

Topic starter Posted : March 8, 2013 8:19 am
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Good thread! It's a bit hard, as, when reading the books, I kind of put myself in the characters shoes in order to relate to them, but I did not do the same while on the adventure. I imagined what it would be like for them, but I didn't replace myself with them, if you understand what I mean.

I think Eustace would be my pick. He had the opportunity to adventure into Narnia, whether he liked it or not, and then meet Aslan. I think his experience in the world of Narnia is really interesting, with the whole maritime theme running through the book. Additionally, there's this sense of hope for Eustace at the end of the world, when Aslan tells Edmund and Lucy that they will not be returning. There's this wonderful feeling of belonging experienced by Eustace, that he finally is part of this world now, is going to be here in the future, and is more than a fifth wheel. (I mean, the fact he was in Narnia showed Aslan called him, etc, but I don't think he realized that immediately, and so realizing it was a really meaningful thing.) And then he has the opportunity to introduce another character to Narnia and go there a second time for an independent journey of his own. He has a really thorough experience of Narnia, I think, and it's probably the one I'd like best. :)

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Posted : March 10, 2013 2:10 pm
parableproductions
(@parableproductions)
NarniaWeb Nut

I actually would want my own unique adventure in Narnia - but I chose Lucy. She sees Aslan the most - and Aslan is Narnia.

Further up and further in!!

Posted : March 10, 2013 4:33 pm
Lady Haleth
(@lady-haleth)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I had to choose Jill. Sometimes--no, a lot of the time--though I know I have important things to do, I still get quarrelsome. I still argue when I'm tired and hungry, like she does. But she manages to prevail in the end, and I hope I can too.

The glory of God is man fully alive--St. Iraneus
Salvation is a fire in the midnight of the soul-Switchfoot

Posted : March 23, 2013 7:08 am
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Lucy, no doubt about it. I love her character, her sweetness and good temper and I think the two of us would get along very well. Also she has a great ability to make friends with others and I think that would really make things good for the both of us :p

always be humble and kind

Posted : March 30, 2013 6:43 am
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Jill because I can relate to her. :)

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : June 10, 2013 5:27 pm
Lady Rosalia
(@lady-rosalia)
NarniaWeb Regular

Queen Lucy. I love her Narnian experiences, and her sweet faith always inspires me. Didn't she get into Narnia more than any of the others (counting her brief visits through the wardrobe before all four of them got in?) And to sail to the world's end on the Dawn Treader... ooh! Yes, I'd want to be Lucy :)

"Not all that is called progress moves us forward." - H.K. Ward
"Aslan's instructions always work, there are no exceptions."
-Puddleglum

Posted : June 11, 2013 6:50 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I think I'd want to be Lucy.

Not just for the fact that she spends the most time in Narnia, and I see several good points about how Edmund and Eustace and Jill have more obvious character arcs, but Lucy faces the doubt of the others and stands firm. That's the character trait in myself that I'd want to see 'improved' if you will.

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : July 15, 2013 5:31 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I voted Polly, who watched a world being created.
I'd also wish to experience what Jill did; she was taken from an unhappy situation where she was a powerless victim, and became competent and valiant.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : July 15, 2013 9:34 am
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

I'd want to have an experience like Lucy. For her, even though she had faults, had rather friendly encounters with Aslan and the other Narnians. I'd like to meet Aslan a lot and have tea with Tumnus.

Posted : July 15, 2013 1:51 pm
Page 1 / 2
Share: