Share:
Notifications
Clear all

New Narnia Lore YouTube Channel

Page 1 / 2
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

For a long time it seemed like there were no major Narnia-dedicated YouTube channels, while the number of Lord of the Rings Channels was seemingly limitless. Well, now Narnia fans can enjoy Into the Wardrobe, a channel which started a few months ago. The host gives detailed discussion of Narnia lore. Very informative and fun! https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=into+the+wardrobe

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 2, 2021 11:59 am
Geekicheep
(@geekicheep)
NarniaWeb Nut

@the-mad-poet you are the man!  Or should I say, the dog?  The wolf?  The fox?  😀  Whatever your avatar is now, you sire are amazing!  I don't know how you found this, but THANK YOU!

This is the coolest thing to hit YouTube since Shadiversity.  In addition to doing a phenomenal job of reviewing the lore as it appears in the books, but it's absolutely loaded with incredible graphics (I can only assume it's fan art, cuz I've never seen it anywhere else before).  I'm going through these videos faster than Edmund binging Turkish Delight.  I'm not a fan of Google, so I don't subscribe to anything on YouTube, but I will DEFINITELY be keeping an eye on this new channel.

Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 6, 2021 9:15 pm
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

No problem, @geekicheep! Glad you like it! ( And also glad you like Shadiversity! ) 

I like this guy because he gives it a sense of depth. It feels like a Tolkien-sized lore-iceberg of sorts, even though he's discussing seven relatively short books. I suspect it has to do with the way he cross references across the series, making connections across vast spans of Narnian time while discussing the stories of individual characters.

And yes, your misgivings about Google subscriptions are understandable... same reason I'm not on YouTube.

P.S. I guess I'm a wolf for now? But whether wolf or man, I'm always a poet. (At least now you know it!) Grin  

Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 6, 2021 9:39 pm
Geekicheep
(@geekicheep)
NarniaWeb Nut

lol good one!  Ironically I didn't actually know it until I looked up your @ code or whatever they call that.  Shout-out handle?  Mentioner?  Whatever; either way, I've only ever known you as as Cleander on here.  I like "the Mad Poet" too though. 🙂

Anyway, you're right about this guy on "into the wardrobe"; he really does make it seem like Narnia has this deep lore even though the books are fairly short.  Thing is though, it kind of does!  I mean, every time I come here I find myself in the "talk about Narnia" section, and every single time I see 3-4 topics I immediately want to read people's thoughts/theories on, and/or throw in my own two cents.  Like "how do you think the Pevensies adapted after they found themselves back in our world", "is it possible Digory had multiple experiences in Narnia", and "what would Edmund have received from Father Christmas?" are 3 topics I can't wait to dive into this week.  I've got a new topic of my own I'll be sharing (hopefully tonight). The simple fact that it's NOT a "Tolkien-sized lore-iceberg" (loved that btw 😀 ) means Narnia does what any good story should do IMO: it leaves us wanting more.  Of course that's a double-edged sword, since Lewis is no longer with us, and because finding new Narnia-related anything is rare.  I'm grateful for NarniaWeb, but it's so refreshing to see someone outside our little group talking about our favorite stories.

PS: Of course I like Shadiversity!  I'm an aspiring fiction writer and I love medieval stuff - how could I not?! 😀

Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 8, 2021 8:30 pm
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru
Posted by: @geekicheep

I'm grateful for NarniaWeb, but it's so refreshing to see someone outside our little group talking about our favorite stories.

PS: Of course I like Shadiversity!  I'm an aspiring fiction writer and I love medieval stuff - how could I not?! 😀

It's funny you should say that, since I  noticed that in at least one of his  videos, namely the one about the Lady of the Green Kirtle, the channel author references a Narniaweb thread theory! Good to know we're giving him material! Grin  

(PS: As someone who is ALSO an aspiring fiction writer and medieval enthusiast, I can easily understand why you would like Shadiversity! Applause That's probably true of quite a few other people on here, too!)

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 11, 2021 9:42 pm
High King Pete The Magnificent
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut
Posted by: @the-mad-poet

Into the Wardrobe

I'm now subscribed, thanks for sharing this! So far I've watched every ep up until 'The Many Faces of Mr. Tumnus' which I'll save for a nice break.

What I like the most about this channel is how the host narrates timelines, the 1000+ years between different monarchies never felt so grand and large-scale from when I've been envisioning them on the timeline. Definitely gave me more appreciation of Narnian history (although some of it is lost). I hope he could do a deep-dive on Archenlanders in the future, and the different theories it's relation to Narnia's creation.

The 'Pevensies' irl:
@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@kingedthejust
@queenluthevaliant
A Narnian Fan Survey!: https://forms.gle/cGghFjQyxmA4jPGq6

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2021 10:51 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

I've subscribed, and am interested in a few things about the maker, and whether there is any connection with the website of the same name. https://cslewis.drzeus.net/

I was a keen member of "Into the Wardrobe" forum for years, before NarniaWeb started.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2021 8:11 pm
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut

@coracle

This is so cool, I’m going to look through this website as well. I didn’t know there were other websites for Lewis’ work this extensive even before NW!

The 'Pevensies' irl:
@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@kingedthejust
@queenluthevaliant

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2021 8:30 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

@highkingpete  It was known in the late 90s as the best Lewis site on the Net. The introduction page says it was launched in 1994. I came on about 1999, and immediately made lots of friends, had a great online support bunch, and helped coin a few jokes. I managed to attend two Moots, (we coined the term for ourselves).

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 28, 2021 10:03 pm
(@highkingpete)
NarniaWeb Nut

That's really interesting @coracle, I read some of the threads yesterday and John's biography. I bet Narnia fans (and Lewis fans) were very excited back then to see a full-fledged website back when the internet wasn't cool. Imagine that!

To get back on topic, just wanted to add some more info about the channel's host and if they're related to the website. I saw that the affiliated channels for Into the Wardrobe were Nerds of the Ring, Nerdwriter and Ryan Reeves. I don't think the channel is directly related to the website, I think it's a group of emerging YouTube channels with very good deep-dives in the historical aspects of fantasy novels, maybe working with the same creators. It'd be too much of a coincidence though, so perhaps there was an agreement to come onto YouTube and thrive on another platform. Either way, I think the content is great! 

The 'Pevensies' irl:
@highkingpete
@queensuthegentle
@kingedthejust
@queenluthevaliant

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2021 8:13 am
coracle liked
coracle
(@coracle)

@highkingpete

I think it's a good name, and I assumed that they weren't connected in terms of ownership. 

The 90s and early 00s were the time of Dial up   (I didnt get broadband until 2010!) so of course everything was written, almost no pictures .

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2021 1:58 pm
Reepicheep775
(@reepicheep775)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I'm glad this exists. I've kicked around doing something similar for a couple of years now, but I don't know if I really have the time to commit to it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2021 4:42 pm
jewel
(@jewel)
NarniaWeb Nut

Thanks for sharing :). I will have to check that out! 

ReplyQuote
Posted : May 8, 2021 11:37 am
KingEdTheJust
(@kingedthejust)
NarniaWeb Nut

Grin Now I'm obsessed! I've watched most of the episodes already. I really like the in-depth way the narrator talks about things. It sounds like the discussions we have right here on Narnia Web! I will keep watching.  I am glad for the Narnia fans that I keep discovering every day!

Thanks for sharing! 

"But even a traitor may mend. I have known one that did." - (King Edmund the Just, Horse and his Boy)

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 18, 2021 6:12 am
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I like the channel and have subscribed to it. I wonder if people will think it is affiliated with the Into the Wardrobe website. It has the same name. It is a very interesting channel and the artwork shown on it is beautiful. I can even watch it on my TV with my You Tube subscription. Hopefully, it will stay on YouTube for a long time.

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 19, 2021 2:01 am
Page 1 / 2
Share: