Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Just saw a Narnia play, and it was SO awesome!

Geekicheep
(@geekicheep)
NarniaWeb Nut

I feel like I just got back from Narnia, for real!  A local Christian school did a play of LWW, and it was nothing short of spectacular!  The props were very well-done, the acting was top-notch, and it emphasized Aslan.  Even though every single person on stage was a high school kid, it was one of the best Narnia adaptations I've ever seen.  It was an experience like nothing else I've seen before.  The characters walked or ran up and down the aisles throughout the story, making it feel less like a play and more like I was there.  They even had the Witch, and then later Father Christmas, ride in on a sleigh!  It was amazing watching as they rode right by me.  The battle scene was phenomenal, the Stone Table scene was well done... the whole thing was just incredible!  The story was faithful to the important stuff, and the places where it was different were still great.  Like they must have been short one male actor, cuz get this: the Pevensies came to stay in the house of Professor POLLY PLUMMER!  You KNOW there's a real fan involved when they use a random MN reference to work around a casting problem.  It wasn't perfect by any means (Aslan's costume reminded me of the lion from the Wizard of Oz, but as soon as he spoke I knew he was no coward - they did Aslan right IMO).  And even though it had to be 3 hours long, it left me wishing I could go back.  I wished I could have seen it all just a little bit closer, because I really felt like I had just been to Narnia.  I could go on and on and on and on, writing SO much more description of this amazing LWW play, but it's getting late here, so I figure I'll just start the discussion.  Have you ever seen a live performance of a Narnia story?  What was it?  What did you think of it?

Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : May 14, 2021 10:29 pm
Lu_valient, Cleander, Meltintalle and 1 people liked
Share: