Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

How have you introduced others to Narnia?

Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

A while ago, a thread popped up on Narniaweb where people could talk about how they were first introduced to Narnia. Here you can share stories about how you have introduced other people to Narnia! Whether it was through the books or the movies, whether you made a new Narnia "convert" or an epic fail, I'm sure the folks on Narniaweb would love to hear about it and share their own stories too!
(I'll be posting some of mine eventually.)

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : November 14, 2019 6:43 am
JFG II
(@jfg-ii)
NarniaWeb Regular

Great Thread, Cleander!

Unfortunately, I just realized that I haven't had a good track record in my own life for introducing other people to Narnia. :( :(

Partly because I had no debating skills as a kid when it comes to arguing my points, and partly because I didn't have many friends growing up.

But that's all behind me. =; =;

So I should introduce my nephew to LWW when he's old enough. Ahem, when he's born. ;) ;)

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 30, 2019 7:53 am
Geekicheep
(@geekicheep)
NarniaWeb Nut

Wow, what a great question!

I suppose for me, the main way I've introduced people to Narnia is through my blog. I frequently write about things that first come up here at NarniaWeb, things that would take paragraphs worth of text to do justice - like my "top 5 Narnia performances", thoughts about Netflix's upcoming Narnia content, etc. I occasionally get a comment from a NarniaWebber, but most of my (admittedly few) readers are not as into Narnia as me, so I'd like to think I help them go "further up and further in".

But most recently, I introduced a friend to the books beyond LWW. She's a huge Harry Potter fan, and she got me into it last year. So after I had seen all the movies, I surprised her with a crazy blog post where I did the classic "who would win in a fight" scenario. She and other readers liked it so much that I did a second post this year. But this year I brought in a ton of characters like the Lady of the Green Kirtle, Miraz, Coriakin, and of course Reepicheep (he was in last year's too though). Anyway, we were all together for Thanksgiving, and she was asking me about who some of these guys were. Now she wants to watch PC and VDT (though I'd strongly prefer she read the books, for obvious reasons :D). But I think most people enjoy LWW but leave it at that. There are 6 other books, and it was great to share the awesomeness that is Narnia! :)

Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 2, 2019 12:05 pm
Arwen_Daeneri31
(@arwen_daeneri31)
NarniaWeb Nut

This is hard to answer because most people I know have read the Narnia books but the few I have met that haven't I jump at the chance to suggest them. I get surprised sometimes when someone hasn't read them but then I think of it as an opportunity to introduce them to a wonderful set of books. I could introduce my nephew to them if I end up seeing him at some point.

It is a good rule after reading a new book, never to allow yourself another new one till you have read an old one in between.
–C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 16, 2019 2:32 pm
Stylteralmaldo
(@stylteralmaldo)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I read the stories to my four daughters when they were younger, then watched the films with them when Disney/Fox released their versions.

My third daughter has the most interest in the fantasy genre and has recently started to read the books on her own (she’s in her late teens).

My nickname emoji: :@)

...Let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity,...with instruction about ablutions, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. (Hebrews 6:1-2)

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 4, 2020 4:57 am
Share: