Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Favorite Non-human Narnian

Page 5 / 6
Radagast of Mirkwood
(@radagast-of-mirkwood)
NarniaWeb Regular

I voted other; my personal favorite is Trufflehunter from PC. Trufflehunter is probably one of my top 3 favorite characters in the entire series. The thing that stands out to me is his undying faith in Aslan. Even when all hope has faded and people such as Caspian may be beginning to doubt, Trufflehunter remains true. He has so many great lines which really excite me. The Beavers, Jewel, or Poggin would probably be in a tie for second.

Protector of the Birds and Beasts of Middle Earth.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 31, 2010 6:00 am
puddleglum32
(@puddleglum32)
NarniaWeb Nut

I love puddleglum the best. He is so brave and noble. He is like me in a lot of ways, negative sometimes.

Founder of the Switchfoot Club.
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club! Check it out on the Talk About Narnia forum!

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 28, 2011 2:19 pm
OftheNORTH0095
(@ofthenorth0095)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Puddleglum definitely! He is witty, humorous, and faithful in times of need. While he is pessimistic, that just adds to his humor and the power of his faithfulness.

“I am,” said Aslan. “But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 30, 2011 1:03 pm
Windsong
(@windsong)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I like Trumpkin. There's something about that grouchy dwarf that really like.

Windsong

NW friends and siblings...AliceLuna, Liberty Hoffman, Lucy of Narnia, Lyneya,
Miss Rosario, MistressofDawn, Narnia Fanatic, Pogginfan, Silver the Wanderer, Smartypants, The Rose-Tree Dryad, TheValiantLucy, wild rose, Winterlife and Wolfloversk.

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2011 3:39 pm
Alice_WL
(@alice_wl)
NarniaWeb Regular

I pick Fledge, the winged horse from MN. I love creatures with wings.. ^_^

"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 2, 2011 9:20 am
wizardjna
(@wizardjna)
NarniaWeb Regular

Puddleglum is funny and witty. I am looking forward to seeing him at the SC ;;)

Make your choice, adventurous Stranger; Strike the bell and bide the danger, Or
wonder, till it drives you mad, What would have followed if you had.

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 4, 2011 3:49 pm
narnialuver
(@narnialuver)
NarniaWeb Nut

my fave is Reepicheep but I love them all like aslan he is so wise and big and the Griffins I love them they are so great

The Hobbit in theaters: 14 December 2012

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2011 8:14 am
NarniaLullaby
(@narnialullaby)
NarniaWeb Newbie

As much as I love Reepicheep and Mr. Tumnus, I had to pick Aslan. :)

"If my heart was a house, you'd be home."
~ Owl City
Signature image found at
SpareOom.net

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 12, 2012 12:37 pm
Andriel
(@andriel)
NarniaWeb Nut

I choose Trumpkin.

He's a good character. I think they got a good A Actor for him in the movie.
I also like Hwin and Bree.

~Andriel

Previously DP Dessa
My RL sibs are Adeona, NarnianCricket, and DancingPrincesses.
Im a HUGE Fan of The Avengers!!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2012 8:34 pm
7chronicles
(@7chronicles)
NarniaWeb Guru

This is way to tuff!
But if I have to choose, my favorite non-human character would be Reepicheep!

1. Reepicheep, He is the most noble and courages of them all!
2. Puddleglum, How can you not love him?
3. Trumpkin, I love Trumpkin's atitude!
4. Glimfeather, I love him, I would love to ride him like Jill and Eustace did! Tu-whoo!
I think as others have mentioned, that without Aslan there would be no Narnia!
I wanted to put him down, but he is sort of in a special place in my book. :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 7, 2012 8:36 pm
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

It's a tie between Puddleglum and Trumpkin. I can never decide between those two.

Puddleglum is so heroic, and negative, and so funny. He's one of the most endearing characters in the series.

Trumpkin is so loyal, he'll even risk his life for something he doesn't believe in, just for the sake of pleasing his king. He's very filled with pride. But unlike most prideful characters, he takes it very well when his pride is mortified, such as in the competitions with the children. Trumpkin takes it very maturely when he turns out to be wrong. Overall, he's just a very unusual character. And one of the most surprising things about him is how kind and good and honest he is, even though he's not a follower of Aslan (at the start). Usually in books written by Christians, the non-Christian characters are shown as evil. But there's something different about him.

~Riella =:)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2012 10:44 am
AstroWolfD
(@astrowolfd)
Member Hospitality Committee

Gotta like Reep, but had to vote for The Lion.

Sig by the Wonderful wolfloversk
AROOOOOOO!!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2012 5:35 pm
Narnian_Badger
(@nbadger)
Mushroom mushroom Hospitality Committee

Well, first off, I didn't pick Aslan.

WAIT STOP. I can explain, I promise! Come back... that's it... I don't bite, despite my woodland namesake. ...Well not much, anyway.

Okay, so the reasoning is this: Aslan is not a Narnian. I know, I know; that's not what the poll means at all. But really... I can't lump Aslan into the same judging category as the rest. He's the son of the Emporer over the Sea, and that makes him everything.

So, as to whom I did pick, that'd be Puddleglum. Mind you, it was a tough choice between him, Reepicheep, and Trufflehunter (badgers are awesome :D ), but in then end, Puddleglum is just so... wonderfully melancholy. He's an ingenious character and brilliantly written. He's the unrelenting optimist disguised as a pessimist, and if it weren't for him, then all of Narnia could have been lost.

youtube

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2012 5:47 pm
Dernhelm_of_Rohan
(@dernhelm_of_rohan)
NarniaWeb Nut

Hwin and Bree, because they are three-dimensional characters who have such great motivational plots. And because I'm a native of the Mark of Rohan, so I love horses. ;)

Founding Keeper of the Secret Magic

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 8, 2012 6:17 pm
Varnafinde
(@varna)
Princess of the Noldor and Royal Overseer of the Talk About Narnia forum Moderator

I chose Puddleglum.
His Pessimistic Optimism reminds me a bit of Eeyore in Winnie the Pooh - but he lacks the sarcasm that Eeyore uses so much.

He always expects the worst, and thus he is prepared for every disaster, and nothing can scare him. His calmness is an invaluable help when they face the Green Lady - he stamps out and destroys most of her magic fire. (And there's not much magic in the smell of Burnt Marsh-wiggle.)

(avi artwork by Henning Janssen)

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 9, 2012 4:01 pm
Page 5 / 6
Share: