Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Favorite Narnian Villain

Page 3 / 9
Ronny
(@ronny)
NarniaWeb Regular

I think that the best villain is definently Shift, the Anti-Aslan.
No one knows how old he was, his background or where he came from. He was an ageless stranger who wandered in to cause trouble.
Just as Aslan "wanders in" to set things right.
Shift is the ultimate snake-oil salesman. With his tongue he speaks of advancement and prosperity but with his mind he conjures new ways to sate his vulgar appetites.
He's a horrible con-man, a vile trickster and has a great sense of mystery about him. It's just a shame Lewis never showed him actually meeting Aslan, that would have been brilliant

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 16, 2009 8:03 am
tenthofthatname
(@tenthofthatname)
NarniaWeb Regular

Sorry to pull up an old topic! But it was King Miraz for me as the vilest of vile villains...mostly because people like Miraz exist in real life and that's a sobering thought. I wanted to pick LotGK as well because she destroyed Caspian's livelihood.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 7, 2009 3:15 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

Uncle Andrew! I love when the animals in MN try to "plant" him!

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 11, 2009 5:36 am
Lady Galadriel
(@lady-galadriel)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I voted "Lady of the Green Kirtle". I don't think I would call her the "absolute vilest," which is what the poll asked for, but she would be *cough* my favorite. For the absolute vilest I think I would choose the Jadis of the movie LWW, or else Tash (*shudder*). But Tash is in no means my favorite! :-o And then, I like Jadis because I think she's the classic villain of Narnia, the one most talked about, but in the book, I almost found some parts about her a little silly --- "Always winter and never Christmas. Why, that's so terrible!" Yes, I do like Christmas, that part just seems a bit childlike to me.

On the other hand, I like LOTGK because she seems scarier, more seductive, etc. The first time we hear of her, she is a shining green poisonous snake! And she held Rilian captive for ten years while she made her enchanted Earthmen dig tunnels right underneath Narnia. That would have been one horrible takeover!

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 19, 2009 7:32 am
HelloHurricane
(@hellohurricane)
NarniaWeb Regular

I voted for Tash because the part in The Last Battle (Chapter VIII, I think?) where Tash is seen gliding Northward always terrified me more than any of the other descriptions of villains Lewis had in the Chronicles.

Icon/sig by me

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 20, 2009 9:34 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

HelloHurricane: I have to agree with you about the descri[ption of Tash.....it's very relistic and spookey! :D
I think Tash would be my second favorite villian!

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 23, 2009 9:50 am
Alice_WL
(@alice_wl)
NarniaWeb Regular

I've posted on this topic before, and still I vote Jadis.. ^^ I love her cold, wintery themed personality in LWW and her emotionlessness and dangerous temper in MN.. she just came off as so heartless and powerful.. and her strength is intimidating.. to be able to pick a grown woman(aunt Letty, in this case) up over the top of her head as if the woman weighed no more than a doll.. or in the LWW movie, when she lifted edmund up by the shirt and just held him there, face to face with her, without strainning.. creepy..

and I love her ability to be able to lead people into trusting her fairly easily.. and of course, her magical abilities are awesome.. ♥

"Who knows what I could bring, flying high upon a wing.
I believe that anything can be a princess thing."
- Princess Sofia the First

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 25, 2009 3:30 pm
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Jadis defiantly, I just like those sort of bad guys cold and cruel

always be humble and kind

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 28, 2009 7:12 am
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

Tash
He is THE worst

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 29, 2009 6:07 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

yeah, ya'll, admit it: Tash is the worst villian in Narnia.....even The White witch can't beat him! :p

Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 31, 2009 3:09 pm
Pyxis
(@pyxis)
NarniaWeb Nut

I picked the Lady of the Green Kirtle because she was so subtly sinister. I liked her speech in SC when she was twisting Puddleglum's descriptions of Narnia and the world above to her own ends. She was so nice and calm about the entire thing, and it was pretty scary how Eustace, Jill, and Puddleglum almost fell for it.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2010 6:37 am
Queen Lucy of Narnia
(@queen-lucy-of-narnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

All of them are so evil!

I can't actually say that I like any of them. Some of them are just very scary and so horrible. But if I have to take one, I'll take the one who I think is most funny. That is Uncle Andrew! He is somehow very funny in MN. When they try to plant him, and tha way he is described. It's just so funny :P

But the one I really don't like next to The White Witch, it's Tash! That is the most scary, horrible and mean person/thing of all! I actually have nightmares of him. That is not a joke!

Wrong will be right, when Aslan comes in sight,
At the sound of his roar, sorrows will be no more,
When he bares his teeth, winter meets its death
And when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again.

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 2, 2010 7:57 am
Benjamin
(@benjamin)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hmm hard one! But in the end I picked The Lady of the Green Kirtle

Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!

ReplyQuote
Posted : January 20, 2010 6:54 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

I voted for Tash because in the Last Battle he created a lot of havoc. Not only that but he sounds scary! Imagine a ghost like figure creeping around the forest. One who can instanly kill a man or drive a cat insane and wild is a force to be reckoned with.

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 18, 2010 4:41 am
narnia fan 7
(@narnia-fan-7)
NarniaWeb Guru

I voted Tash he is the most evil of all the narnia Villain's

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 17, 2010 4:19 am
Page 3 / 9
Share: