Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Top 10 Favorite Characters (BOOKS ONLY)

Page 3 / 6
sandyentersNarnia
(@sandyentersnarnia)
NarniaWeb Guru

here's mine :D.

1. Aslan - of course he's always on the top!
2. Reepicheep - he is unique. not all mice like him are chivalrous. :))
3. Prince/King Caspian - I liked him because when I read the SC, he really is a loving father because even though he was old, he still never stopped looking for Prince Rillian. :(
4. Aravis - i like her fighting spirit.
5. Bree - very noble and smart for a horse.
6. Shasta - very patient and obedient to Bree.
7. High King Peter - very good in fighting, especially the strategies he make.
8. Queen Lucy - sweet and caring, believes in Aslan so fully.
9. King Edmund - knows what's right or wrong from what happened to him in LWW.
10. Mr. Beaver - he is a funny beaver and a very loyal beaver to Aslan.

that's all. :D.

"Two sides of the same coin"

ReplyQuote
Posted : June 21, 2020 8:27 am
Aslans Country
(@aslans-country)
NarniaWeb Nut

After seeing this thread for months, I finally get around to choosing my 10 :p

1. Edmund - I love the way his character changes from LWW, and really wish he had more scenes/dialogue in the other books.
2. Lucy - Her faith never wavers, I wish I could be more like her.
3. Digory - I love his story in MN, he has a really difficult time and doesn't get to enjoy Narnia that much. I like to imagine his journey from MN to being a Professor in LWW.
4. Susan - I can relate to her logical-ness, and difficulty in believing. Plus, her character interests me in that she didn't come back to Narnia.
5. Jill - She's brave - I love her story throughout SC and her part in LB.
6. Puddleglum - His 'speech' in SC says it all. Plus, his pessimism cracks me up.
7. Tirian - He's very brave, and has a hard part to play as the last king of Narnia.
8. Hwin - She's shy and doesn't say much but is very faithful to her mistress, and to Narnia.
9. Trufflehunter - He never forgets his loyalty to Narnia and Aslan.
10. Poggin - This dwarf was brave to turn his back on his own kind and fight for Narnia.

Aslan's not on the list because he doesn't seem like a 'character' to me, like the others are.

Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North

ReplyQuote
Narnian1993
(@narnian1993)
NarniaWeb Regular

This was really hard and I had so much trouble picking only 10. :(
But here we go: :)
10. This one tied for me- Trumpkin/Puddleglum. These two are so ingenious with their little sayings. They always make me laugh :)
9. Eustace- I love him even at the beginning of VDT :) But I hink his tranformation is amazing. I also love how he has changed in SC and Jill notices. :)
8. Jill- In the beginning of SC, she seems very timid and doesn't trust many people. But she leanrs that the Lion knows best :)
7. Peter- I love his courage in LWW, and even when his character goes slightly downhill in PC. I loves his brother and sisters and trys to protect them rather than himself.
6. Caspian- I think how his opinion of Narnia changes show how we can change our opinions of others :)
5.Tumnus- I have always loved the image that Jack had of a faun in the middle of a snowy wood, walking past a lampost carrying some parcels. It's a beautiful picture. :)
4. Reepicheep- I love his courage, bravery, love for Aslan. And he could beat me in a sword fight any day.
3. Aslan- He should be #1. but alas... I love the image of a lion, and Jack created this character with such beauty that you cannot help from loving him!! :D
2. Edmund- I love his transformation in LWW. I love his strength and courage in PC. in VDT he stands for what is right. He would be the perfet "big brother" for me. ;)
1. Lucy- This one was the easiest for me to choose. I just love her character, her love for the truth, for Aslan for Narnia!

~You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me.~ C. S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Eagle Scout
(@eagle-scout)
NarniaWeb Junkie

This is my first post and I would have to say,
1. Aslan
2. Lucy
3. Tirian
4. Edmund
5. Peter
6. Reepicheep
7. Cor
8. Eustace
9. Caspian
10. Corin Thunderfist

memento mori

ReplyQuote
king caspian
(@king-caspian)
NarniaWeb Nut

My top ten:
1. Ramandu's Daughter
2. Lucy
3. Caspian
4. Tirian
5. Puddleglum
6. Shasta/Cor
7. Aravis
8. Reepicheep
9. Jill
10. Aslan

Not Suspian!
Avatar: DamselJillpole Sig: Tarkheena

ReplyQuote
Pepper Darcy
(@pepper-darcy)
NarniaWeb Nut

Ah! Neat!

1. Lucy (cannot beat her =) I usually end up liking characters that are most like myself... at least, that's the way it usually ends up working... SHE is the one who first believed of the others; SHE is the one who's always looking for Aslan; SHE is the one who always sees him first; SHE is the one who NEVER doubts Aslan or what he's going to do.
2. Aslan: he is the King of the whole wood; he is wild and untamable, but he *is* good.
3. Edmund: he has a quiet loyalty. He's there for Peter in the books whenever Peter needs him. Especially in the book Prince Caspian.
4. Peter: he's the High King. He has a passion and desire to be noble and good to all the good creatures. He's man enough to give Trufflehunter the strong kisses of a king. He's manly.
5. Eustace: he's fiercely passionate in his loyalty.
6. Jill: Jill doesn't have the same quiet innocence of Lucy, but she's not as hardened or snotty as Susan or Aravis (was at first, I mean); she's more vocal about what *she* wants, but she does want to do good and deeply loves Aslan; she has compassion for when Narnia she's afraid it's going to end forever. She (like Lucy) IS in love with all the magic of Narnia that made *us* fall in love with the stories.
7. Digory: he's boyish and though he makes mistakes he does mend them by Aslan's strength =D He loves his mother. He's man enough to say 'I'm sorry' and really mean it. He's also somewhat Chivilrous in his indignation of Uncle Andrew sending Polly to The Wood Between the Worlds.
8. Puddleglum: he may be a wet blanket but he is brave and he has enough faith to hope and believe in Aslan. He doesn't let his 'low spirits' turn him from what he *has* to do.
9. Reepicheep: I'm like Lucy; I like Reep because he's way too cute! Even in his passion for noble deeds and glory etc. etc. etc. he's soooo cute!
10. Polly: she might get mad at Digory sometimes, but she's still there for him.

:music: risk it all cuz I'll catch you if you fall... if my heart was a house you'd be home :music:

ReplyQuote
Andrew
(@andrew)
NarniaWeb Nut

Here's mine:

1) Peter! (need I say more?)
2) Shasta/Cor
3) Reepicheep
4) Emerald witch
5) Edmund
6) Eustace
7) Caspian
8) Cornelius
9) Digory
10) Aslan

5.9.2011 the day Christ saved me!

Thank you Lady Faith for the sig!

ReplyQuote
Ithilwen
(@ithilwen)
NarniaWeb Zealot

My Top 10. This was very difficult to do, because if I was to write all my favorite characters, it would probably be a top 20 instead of top 10. But here it is (by the way, I did not include Aslan, even though he's one of my favorite characters, because I consider Him more of a real character (Jesus) instead of a fictional one. So this is my top ten fictional character list) --

Starting with Number Ten and counting down to my very favorite --

10. Digory Kirke -- I love Digory, first of all because he was really the first male hero in the series, and he has all the qualities a hero should have. I love his relationship with Polly, his relationship with Jadis, and his love for his ailing mother. And I love how that little boy later grows up to be the wise but eccentric professor that the Pevensies stay with.

9. Susan Pevensie -- I pick Susan the Gentle for number nine, because she is just that -- gentle. And kind and compassionate. She also seemed very motherly to me, always worrying about the younger children, and trying to be the sensible, grown-up one, the way a mother would want to be. And, of course, what completes it is the shock that came

8. Reepicheep -- Who wouldn't love Reepicheep -- the smallest yet bravest of all knights?

7. The Dufflepuds -- Possibly the most hilarious characters in the series, the way they are so agreeable, find great wisdom in the most obvious things, don't listen to reason, and most of all -- absolutley adore their Chief and all he says.

6. Lucy Pevensie -- Lucy is to me, a perfect model of all that is good and pure -- an example of the little child we must become to enter the kingdom of heaven.

5. Puddleglum -- Another humorous Narnian character. Really, he is, in his own way, quite positive. Only his positive is usually worse than our negative. "The bright side of it is that if we break our necks getting down the cliff, then we're safe from being drowned in the river. Yet, with all his negativity, he still seems to be the only hero who is completely able to always save the day.

4. Polly Plummer -- The first Friend of Narnia and character we meet if reading them in chronological order. I love her relationship with Digory. And her personality makes me smile -- she is such a little grown-up, calling herself a woman, and calling Digory a man.

3. Jill Pole -- Small and feminine, yet stubborn and fierce as a tigress, Jill makes the perfect heroine. I love her impatience and tendency to blame Eustace for things, and also her bravery and the compassion she showed for Puzzle.

2. Trumpkin -- Such a developed character -- a mix of good sense, stubborness, outward humility and inward pride, responsibility, respect for authority, and demanding respect from those below him. I love how, even though he is skeptical of Aslan, he (most of the time) tries his best to respect those who hold different beliefs than him -- even risking his life to perform something Caspian believed in and he didn't, just out of respect for his new king. He is, all at once, a very mature role model, and a foolish character with a lot to learn -- the perfect combination.

1. Eustace Scrubb -- At first, Eustace started out as the character you love to hate. Later, he became the character you love to love. he is my very favorite in both cases. Back when he was still the Pevensie's bratty cousin, he was hilarious and irritating all at once. His transformation was legendary, of course. And once he was good, he was probably the nicest character in the entire series. I love his relationship with Jill, and how he always tries to remain patient with her even when she snaps at him. I love his matter-of-fact attitude, his cheerfulness, and his bravery -- trying to fight things (even though he usually doesn't win). Out of all of the many great Narnian character, in my opinion Eustace gets the trophy.

ReplyQuote
aragorn2
(@aragorn2)
NarniaWeb Junkie

1. Puddlglum
2. Caspian
3. Shasta
4. Reepicheep
5.Eustace
6.Peter
7. Edmund
8.Lucy
9.Trumpkin
10.Aravis

ReplyQuote
Matsi
(@matsi)
NarniaWeb Nut

1. Aravis
2. Peter
3. Lucy
4. Edmund
5. Aslan
6. Reepicheep
7. Fledge
8.Trumpkin
9. Hwin
10. Trufflehunter

-sig and av by Kira- Thanks!
Team Hoodie!

ReplyQuote
Katana
(@katana)
NarniaWeb Nut

Best Characters overall (in my opinion): Aslan, Lucy, Peter, Edmund, Reppicheep, Gwendolyn, Eustace.
Of course that doesnt mean the other characters are bad.....im truth, I like them all :D

-Katana

Im not inactive just very very busy

-Katana, Member of the Midnight Society, Weapons afficionado of the castle of Ivory&Gold, esteemed owner of a flying pickle

ReplyQuote
SweetSirReepicheep
(@sweetsirreepicheep)
NarniaWeb Newbie

This is a hard one. I like so many characters and it's not easy to choose between them.

10 Digory Kirke
9 Bree
8 The Beavers
7 Peepiceek
6 Jill
5 Peter
4 Lucy
3 Mr Tumnus
2 Reepicheep
1 Aslan
Why Aslan? - Because... he's just Aslan! That says enough (:

A world where you and I belong, where faith and love will keep us strong, exactly who we are is just enough.

ReplyQuote
JillPoleFan565
(@jillpolefan565)
NarniaWeb Nut

1. Lucy
2. Aslan
3. Jill
4. Eustace
5. Mr. Tumnus
6. Edmund
7. Digory
8. Rillian
9. Peter
10. Jewel

I used to like susan until i read LB now not so much

watch me on youtube doing narnia monologues
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAnnabananagirl

ReplyQuote
perfect_jill_pole
(@perfect_jill_pole)
NarniaWeb Regular

1st - Jill: Who doesnt love her?
2nd - Polly Plummer: Just sounds cool, 1st girl ever to travel to Narnia
3rd - Edmund: slight crush
4th - Peter: I think it´s cool how he protects Lucy
5th - Caspian:um...
6th - Lucy: Thanks to her, LWW started!
7th - Susan: so pretty!
8th - Eustace: It´s cool how he goes from bulling to helping
9th - Digory: um...
10th - GK: um...

But of course thats my list not including Aslan cause he is the special charectar

HELP SAVE SILVER CHAIR! WATCH VDT!

ReplyQuote
Conina
(@conina)
NarniaWeb Junkie

10. Thornbut (From HHB) I just can't help laughing whenever I see his name. He's hilarious.
9. Susan - She just seems so bookish yet glamorous. And she is an archer. I find myself initially more drawn to her than to Lucy. It shook me up badly that she
8. The badger - very faithful and charitable towards Caspian, speaks out against dark magic.
7. Caspian - Troubled past - orphaned, uncle tries to kill him, triumphs against considerable odds with the help of his tutor, ancient royalty, and Aslan. Plus his curiosity to see a round world and to explore.
6. Lucy - I have a love/hate relationship with her. She is just so pure, and so quick to trust Aslan. Have a hard time thinking I can measure up to her. But I admire her quite a bit and I love the cordial, (that would be a challenge).
5. Edmund. I love his character growth throughout the books. He starts out flawed with betraying Lucy in our world, then betraying everyone in the next. But then in PC, he is the first to stick for Lucy and the first to speak against the dark magic.
4. The little mermaid (fish-herdess) girl that Lucy gets a glimpse of near the end of the world. I like the instant friendship between the two of them. The most intriguing character in the books.
3. Ramandu's daughter. She is beautiful, flirts effectively with Caspian. But still maintains her standards. He must break the spell and come back before they kiss. There is also some mystery about her, the question of why she is vulnerable to be bitten by the snake. Was it okay for her to have married Caspian?
2. Tumnus. Lucy's first friend. He errs initially and then is very sorry. He is a good foil for Edmund. He has some of the darkest and most interesting adventures. He lulls Lucy to sleep with his music, then confesses, is turned to stone and is redeemed by Aslan. Then he turns up again in HHB. There he is kind to Shasta and comes up with the plan for Edmund, Susan & company's escape.
1. Aslan

Honorable mentions include Shasta/Corin, Cor, Rillian, Jill, Eustace, Aravis, Bree, Whin, Strawberry, the cabbie and wife, Digory, and Uncle Andrew

"Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning." -C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 6
Share: