Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Will Walden make more Narnia movies????????

Page 6 / 6
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

That's not that bad of a wait if you ask me.

It's just going to be like when Walden first picked up the rights in 2001(except a little longer). We will have to wait some time, but during that we can speculate and anticipate what we would like to and not like to see happen. We can discuss what we think the new films could do better than what Walden did with what they gave us.

It may seem a little strange to see a new cast outside of what we got with Walden's series to some, but don't worry, there are many young brilliant actors in the making right now. ;)

So now it seems to be obvious that Walden will not make anymore Narnia films, but are the Narnia films over with? I don't think so. Maybe there is still hope that the Narnia books can be adapted into something brilliant and different and get the attention it deserves.

Don't give up hope! Ever! :)

Posted : October 15, 2011 10:01 am
MinotaurforAslan
(@minotaurforaslan)
NarniaWeb Junkie

That's not that bad of a wait if you ask me. It's just going to be like when Walden first picked up the rights in 2001(except a little longer).

At least when Walden first picked up the rights in 2001, there was a slow trickle of news stories through out 2002-2003 that gave Narnia fans the comfort of knowing that movie production was in the works. This time around, we have to wait several years at the minimum before we get any news at all.

I don't know how long you've been involved in the anticipation, but for me even the time spent waiting for PC and VDT felt like forever. 5 years is a very large chunk of time...just think, Lou, you'll be an adult by then! ;))

The best solution seems to not focus on waiting or counting down the years. Just don't expect more Narnia films. Then one day we'll be pleasantly surprised. :P

Posted : October 17, 2011 8:01 pm
juzuma loves lucy
(@juzuma-loves-lucy)
NarniaWeb Nut

Now we should calm down. They certainly will. But we know that something's going on already. 3-4 years and it'll be well. I don't agree, Mino. Lou is right, as she stated in her sig that we should pray for it. Have hope! Don't give up on it!

Lucy:Do you remember who really defeated the White Witch?
Peter: Yes.
Susan:No.
Lucy:Do you both believe in Narnia?
Narnians, Caspian and Edmund:We believe.
Susan and Peter:Shut up.

Posted : October 18, 2011 7:29 am
Louloudi the Centaur
(@louloudi-the-centaur)
Member Hospitality Committee

@Minotaur

I myself have only been anticipating the Walden Narnia film series since March 2010, first of all, so the wait hasn't been considerably that long to me. ;)

I think there will be little bits of news in between about little things that could be happening. Maybe Douglas Gresham or someone else representing the Estate will give us updates as to where they are now. I say this because I know that both the Estate and Gresham still want to see the books adapted for the silver screen. Not because of production do I think there will be news, but because they anticipate to see the books turned into films.

Yes, it may seem like forever before we see film news, but you never know. Yes Mino, I agree that we will be surprised, but how are we to know when? We will just have to wait and see what will happen. Maybe Walden will renew the contract(though I doubt it; I believe that they won't be adapting any more.). Maybe Disney will decide to make an animated TV series based on the books. Maybe New Line Cinema will make their own version of Narnia. I don't know.

The waiting begins...

Posted : October 18, 2011 10:48 am
D-T
 D-T
(@d-t)
NarniaWeb Regular

Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock
AHHHH!! too long :p just kidding
can some one tell WB to pick up the Narnia movies??

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSS

Posted : October 22, 2011 4:43 am
Page 6 / 6
Share: