Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Ramandu cut?

Page 4 / 5
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

This thread is specifically about Ramandu, but if you go to this thread you can talk about Gumpas AND Ramandu!
:)

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

Posted : November 6, 2010 9:20 am
Malfhok
(@malfhok)
NarniaWeb Regular

But Ramandu is mentioned on the now-live Ramandu's Island section of the VDT Web site!

Spoiler
Near the edge of the world, Old Ramandu watches. How long has he been observing the events of this world, and exactly how far does his gaze extend?

Does this mean he's in the movie?

Posted : November 8, 2010 10:00 am
MinotaurforAslan
(@minotaurforaslan)
NarniaWeb Junkie

But Ramandu is mentioned on the now-live Ramandu's Island section of the VDT Web site!

Spoiler
Near the edge of the world, Old Ramandu watches. How long has he been observing the events of this world, and exactly how far does his gaze extend?

Does this mean he's in the movie?

No, it doesn't. The designers of the VDT website have shamelessly stole biographies of the Narnian characters from online fan-created encyclopedias of Narnia. (Just take a look at the one of Lucy, it even reveals her final fate in TLB. Why would you ever put that on the VDT website, haha.)

They probably call it Ramandu's Island on the VDT Website because they have nothing else to call it. In a movie, you can get away with not naming an island because you can just show it.

Posted : November 8, 2010 10:19 pm
Savber100
(@savber100)
NarniaWeb Regular

I believe the recent interview with Mark Johnson confirms that Ramandu is not in the film.

"Now we shall take the adventure that Aslan has given to us!"

Posted : November 11, 2010 7:27 am
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

^^ yeah, I think you are right.....
oh well, I am not too disappointed.....
:)

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

Posted : November 11, 2010 9:47 am
twinimage
(@twinimage)
NarniaWeb Regular

That's true. It was confirmed he does not appear in the film.
But the way I see it, better to cut a character than to include them and totally screw up the character. :)

I'm a little disappointed. I hope there is some mention of Ramandu.
Would be a shame for film audiences not to know of him. :(

- Twinimage

Posted : November 16, 2010 6:54 am
faunforaslan
(@faunforaslan)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I'm not disappointed, really. I didn't consider him to be a MAJOR character in the story. Now if they ended up taking Liliandil out of the movie, I WOULD be very disappointed. No worries! #:-s

Posted : November 22, 2010 12:58 pm
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I am disapointed. Too me, taking out Ramandu is about as big as taking out Pug, Gumpas, Coriakin, the Sea Serpent, or Liliandil. They are all characters in this story, and to be honest, there aren't a whole lot of characters in this story. I'm still curious to see how they handle the mentioning of Ramandu.

And of course I'm still hoping that Ramandu actually is in the film, but they just decided to keep him out of the previews to surprise us. :p

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

Posted : November 23, 2010 7:59 pm
aragorn2
(@aragorn2)
NarniaWeb Junkie

I think someone official has confirmed that he won't be in the film. I'm not bothered in the least about it since he has a very tiny part in the book and isn't really that important.

Posted : November 24, 2010 1:34 am
Movie Aristotle
(@risto)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Isn't that a bit like saying Prunaprismia has a small role in PC and isn't really that important?

Ramandu is the one who tells them what they must do to wake the three sleepers. He is the main character on that island. Not to mention the fact that he fathered Caspian's wife. Those are three good reasons why he is important to the story.

To me, this is similar to cutting out Father Christmas in LWW. Sure it could have been done, but isn't the movie so much better with him there?

Movie Aristotle, AKA Risto

Posted : November 24, 2010 10:12 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

Movie Aristotle, I agree, besides some of the returning characters Ramandu was my favorite character in VDT. I wish they hadn't cut him :(

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : November 24, 2010 4:37 pm
DamselJillPole
(@damseljillpole)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

I'm not disappointed at all. I literally saw this coming before VDT was being made. It gives a little more screentime for Lilliandil.

Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!

Posted : November 27, 2010 7:12 pm
Skilletdude
(@skilletdude)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Looking back at this, we all thought that by cutting Ramandu they'd have a bigger role in line for his daughter. But Lilliandil is in the movie for what, a few minutes? VDT lost so many good opportunities to portray very rich characters but the pace was so accelerated there was never any time for it. What a shame. It just makes me want to whip out the book and get the whole shebang.

Mary Jane: You know, you're taller than you look.
Peter: I hunch.
Mary Jane: Don't.

Posted : December 13, 2010 3:21 pm
Aravis Narnia
(@aravis-narnia)
NarniaWeb Nut

I like Lilliandil's big role. Starting by the fact that she has a name.

That, and Ramandu is shown. He is the blue star.

Posted : December 14, 2010 1:02 am
fanlynne
(@fanlynne)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I can think of several reasons why we haven't heard anything about him yet. Perhaps they don't see him as a very important character and thus didn't feel the need to put him in the trailer or posters.

cartier ringscartier love necklacecartier love bracelet

Posted : January 14, 2011 2:40 pm
Page 4 / 5
Share: