Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Jadis Cast?

fantasia
(@fantasia)
Member Admin

Gotcha with my baitclick title. Wink I'm placing this post under the 'exceedingly unlikely to be true' category because someone posted it somewhere on the internet with no source cited. So why am I posting it here? Because I'm bored. LOL Here it is....

Ella Balinska has been cast as Jadis.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8212878/

And just a friendly reminder to keep comments kind and appropriate. 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 18, 2020 8:24 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator

The fact that she's 5'11" and has extensive martial arts training (knife, single sword, gladius and shield use, broadsword, according to this article) makes this very random baseless rumor just a little more interesting, imo.

She's quite young, though: 24. Twenty years younger than Tilda Swinton was when she played the role. Not a lot of experience, either, but who knows, Netflix might be looking for a breakout star rather than name recognition.

Honestly, she's so smiley in interviews on YouTube, it's really hard to picture her as Jadis. Giggle

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 18, 2020 9:21 pm
ValiantArcher
(@valiantarcher)
BC Head and G&B Mod Moderator

Huh, interesting. @Rose, I agree the actress' martial training does add a dimension, as does her height! Based solely on the pictures on her Imdb page, her expressions indeed convey both intimidation and friendliness/invitation, which she would need for her interactions in MN and LWW. So, the question is if she has the acting breadth yet to actually sell it.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 20, 2020 3:26 pm
coracle liked
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

Good thing this is not an April Fool's Joke (and we Narniawebber's are sensitive to April Fool's jokes). We can joke about stuff in Narnia movies, but if it is going to give Netflix any ideas, there's that fear.

Anyhow, Ella Balinska might play Jadis yet she might not. This not the first speculation of whose playing the White Witch that had gone on. Back when the Disney/Walden adaptation of The Lion, The Witch, And The Wardrobe was still in development, it was rumored that Kate Winslet and Nicole Kidman were going to be the White Witch.

So if the rumors are true, well she might be good for the part. But I'm sure there are other actresses out there that will be good for the role.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 5, 2021 5:26 pm
Eagle Scout
(@eagle-scout)
NarniaWeb Junkie
Posted by: @rose

She's quite young, though: 24. Twenty years younger than Tilda Swinton was when she played the role. Not a lot of experience, either, but who knows, Netflix might be looking for a breakout star rather than name recognition.

I mean Jadis does eat of the Tree of Youth 😉 

I wonder, if they were looking to adapt MN and the LWW would they want Jadis to age between those stories? Obviously she's gained immortality, but 898 years will have passed in the mean time, with Jadis also having to endure what Aslan describes as, ""length of days with an evil heart is only length of misery," and that, "Already she begins to know it." 

memento mori

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2021 2:30 pm
The Rose-Tree Dryad
(@rose)
Secret Garden Agent Moderator
Posted by: @eagle-scout

I mean Jadis does eat of the Tree of Youth 😉 

Good point. Giggle

To update this thread — this rumor surfaced last December and since then, Ella Balinska has been cast in Netflix's upcoming series Resident Evil. So it's possible the rumor was right about her being involved with Netflix, but wrong about the particular project. Or maybe she's involved with both! Who knows?

ReplyQuote
Posted : November 7, 2021 4:05 pm
Share: