Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 12 – The Queen of Underland

Page 2 / 2
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

I actually think he might be being a little sarcastic.

Now THAT is an interesting idea! I wonder if that would look good if they brought that out in any future adaptation...

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

Posted : January 19, 2020 1:13 pm
TheLukeskywalker2
(@thelukeskywalker2)
NarniaWeb Regular

1. Why is Jill the first one to succumb to the witch’s magic? Why is Scrubb the second? How come Puddleglum is able to fight the magic longer?

Puddleglum has lived in Narnia all his life and he is used to magic. Eustace has had some interaction with magic during his time in Narnia, specifically the dragoning. Jill has never been to Narnia before, so she would logically be the first to succumb.

3. What do you think of Puddleglum’s speech to the witch? Does he make good points?

He makes fantastic points. If it weren't for this scene, Puddleglum would be virtually indistinguishable from Eeyore in tone. However, this is where he shines, as he takes the worst possible case, nothing but the Underland being real, and puts the positive twist on it, saying that even if the Upperlands are not real, Puddleglum is willing to follow them, because they are more real than her world. 

4. Where's question 4?

I dunno.

5. How would you like the scene where the witch turns into a serpent and they fight her to be adapted?

I feel that it should feel like a last option for the Witch. We should see that she tried and failed to enchant the four of them.

6. How do you think the scene will be adapted?

I fear that they will make the attempted enchanting too short and the battle to long. I think that the enchanting should be longer than the fight, because the longer the enchanting scene is, the more power in has. If the scene is just there to check the box, I think a lot of the power of Puddleglum's actions would be lost. 

Posted : May 22, 2020 6:57 am
Pattertwigs Pal
(@twigs)
Member Moderator
  1. a. (Glumpuddle’s question) Why is Jill the first one to succumb to the witch’s magic? Why is Scrubb the second? How come Puddleglum is able to fight the magic longer?
    b. (Pattertwig’s Pal’s question) How do you see the scene where the witch is enchanting the prince, the children, and Puddleglum? Is there an order in which they succumb to the spell? If so what? What do we learn about each of them from this scene?

I see it that they all have ups and downs of being enchanted.

Jill agrees that there is no other world (England) after that Eustace agrees with her.
And then agree at the same time that there is only the Witch’s world.

Puddleglum rouses the 3 humans with a speech about not forgetting Narnia and the sun.

Rillian tries to explain but it ends with Jill followed by the other 3 giving in and saying there is no sun.

Jill rouses everyone with the name of Aslan (and this is why I don’t think she is the first one to succumb.) After Eustace explains what a lion is and the witch gives a speech about how they aren’t convincing, all three humans are described as having the strength gone from them and being almost completely enchanted – Not Jill followed by Eustace. Puddleglum has a lasps and is roused by Jill so he isn’t exactly the last one either. He is the one that manages to break the spell. I think his suspicious nature and strong faith in Aslan helps.

1. How would you describe the sun and a lion to someone who had not seen them. Do you think you would fare better than the Prince and Scrubb?
    Sun – a big ball of burning gas that provides light and heat.

Lion – a large animal, with four legs, big paws, a tail, and a mane that frames its head. Yellow gold in color.

I’m sure the witch would have come up with some kind of reason not to believe what I said and argued against it.

1. What do you think of Puddleglum’s speech to the witch? Does he make good points?

I love it. Yes.

5. How would you like the scene where the witch turns into a serpent and they fight her to be adapted?

As it is in the book, a short battle with Jill off to the side and Eustace’s blows not helping much.

6. How do you think the scene will be adapted?

A long drawn out battle with Jill playing a critical role. (I really, really hope they don’t go that route. It will ruin the change in Jill between SC and LB, which shows that she was preparing in case she gets back to Narnia).

NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King

Topic starter Posted : May 31, 2020 3:38 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share: