Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Introduction

Tirian
(@tirian)
Member Admin

Devin Brown, professor at Asbury University and author of Inside Narnia (2005), Inside Prince Caspian (2008), and Inside the Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010) has prepared for us seven discussion points for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We'll be discussing each of these seven points over the next seven weeks leading up to the film's release.

Introduction
In his autobiography, Surprised by Joy, Lewis records a turning point as he was learning to write. He tells readers, “Up to then, if my lines rhymed and scanned and got on with the story I asked no more. Now . . . I began to try to convey some of the intense excitement I was feeling, to look for expressions which would not merely state but suggest. . . . I had learned what writing means.”

In The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, we find a number of intriguing passages where Lewis suggests more than he merely states, places where he invites the reader to first read carefully and then to think about the implications of what was written.

In keeping with the Dawn Treader’s quest for the seven lost lords, I have provided seven discussion points from Lewis’s wonderful story, places where he invites us to speculate on what a passage may suggest.

Still the Webmaster
Still Benevolent
Still a Dictator

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 22, 2010 6:16 pm
Liberty Hoffman
(@liberty-hoffman)
NarniaWeb Master

thanks so much for doing this Tirian! this is my favorite book in the Narnia chronicles and I find it to have the best discussion for spiritual themes and insite for Christian living! :)

NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 23, 2010 6:58 am
Share: