Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Narnian Wedding

flutekenz
(@teatreasurer1)
NarniaWeb Newbie

My fiance and I are planning a subtly Narnian wedding but I am having so much trouble finding what I am looking for. The main things are a replica of Lucy's crown, a replica of the pillows the crowns sit on (for the rings), and sophisticated statues or figurines of different symbols from the books for centerpieces. I have checked Etsy, Amazon, and Google and I have no idea how to find things that even look remotely close. Any advice anyone can give would be SO appreciated!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 22, 2021 10:20 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

Where do you live? Would you borrow items ? I know a theatre group who hire out props and their Narnia work is excellent. If only you are near enough...

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 22, 2021 12:00 pm
flutekenz
(@teatreasurer1)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@coracle I am in Indiana and I'd be happy to borrow!

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 22, 2021 1:09 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

A Narnian theme wedding sounds like fun! Maybe I would like to have one myself if I ever get married.

I think you could have the bridesmaids have similar hairstyles to Susan and Lucy's coronation in Walden's The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. Even the flower girls could have similar hairstyle to Lucy's coronation (if you are having any).

I don't know if you're having a Narnia themed meal for the reception, but I think it would be a good idea to have different options- red meat, poultry and seafood, vegetarian, and vegan. What I mean is that there might be some who don't eat pork or beef but might still eat chicken or fish. For salads, perhaps have nuts on the sides so they can put it on themselves in case of nut allergies. For desert, I think it would be a good idea to have a variety- regular, vegan for those who are vegan and for some reason can't have dairy, and gluten free.

As far as where to find a replica of Lucy's crown, I'm sure there's a craft tutorial that you could make your own. What are you color schemes? Gold and red, like a Narnian theme?  I think for floral arrangements, you can have a combination of a yarrow and daffodils, since they were on Susan and Lucy's crowns.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 22, 2021 1:54 pm
flutekenz liked
flutekenz
(@teatreasurer1)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@jasminetarkheena We are still so early in planning I haven't gotten to hairstyles yet but I want everyone in the wedding party to feel absolutely beautiful so my plan so far has been to let them choose the look that makes them feel the best. I will definitely suggest those hairstyles though!

The colors are red and gold and I haven't gotten to flowers yet but you are knocking it out of the park with your suggestions! I love the Daffodil and Yarrow idea!

For the meal, I know none of the guests have any major diet restrictions but our plan is along the lines of a Narnian feast. The only thing is, our secondary theme is affordable so we are also trying to find ways to save money on the food too. Our tentative plan has been red meat (possibly pork), chicken, slices of bread with spreads, and fruit. Possibly soup? Neither of us like fish or nuts so we may not have those. We will make sure to ask about diet restrictions on RSVPs though to make sure everyone gets a good meal so thank you so much for your suggestions! 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : December 22, 2021 2:14 pm
Jasmine
(@jasmine_tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Guru

@teatreasurer1 I think a lot of people don't like nuts. Plus nut allergies are a concern. You could even have Turkish Delight for favors.

There is a book called The Official Narnia Cookbook, which has Narnia-related recipes. So you could possibly look for inspiration there.

You could even look at ideas on pinterest.

"And this is the marvel of marvels, that he called me beloved."
(Emeth, The Last Battle)
https://escapetoreality.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/aslan-and-emeth2.jpg

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 22, 2021 2:28 pm
flutekenz liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@teatreasurer1 I'll send you a Private Message with info. 

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : December 22, 2021 4:00 pm
flutekenz liked
Share: