Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Narnian Tonner Dolls

Page 3 / 3
Griffle
(@griffle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Got the coronation outfits today. I've changed clothes on Pete and Edmund; they're done. The girls have their dresses and capes on, but I have a problem with the shoes. What do I do with the long gold ribbons on the shoes??? They're way too long. Any ideas?

THIS HOPELESSLY OUT OF DATE SIGNATURE IS SPONSORED BY LAZINESS TM

Posted : July 30, 2010 7:39 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I'd suggest tying multiple bows, or wrapping them around the ankle like ballet ribbons.

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

Posted : July 30, 2010 9:40 am
Griffle
(@griffle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Yeah, I did the ballet thing. Thanks!

The coronation clothes are beautiful, but I don't know if I wanna keep them on. Kind of liked the combination of colours found on their normal clothes. Too much blue on these. Also, it feels as though the crowns on Pete and Ed may fall off at any time, and I don't want them to damage the glass shelf they're standing on.

I was going to buy another red display cabinet like the ones I have at IKEA the other day but it's been discontinued, so I have to take care of what I have. :((

Maybe I could display the crowns in front of the dolls with their normal clothes on? Decisions, decisions....

Posted : July 30, 2010 12:11 pm
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I'm glad it worked! Do you have pictures?

I kind of like the dolls in their regular clothes at this point, and I think displaying the crowns in front of them would be really pretty. Could you display the coronation outfits on hangers behind them?

Posted : August 14, 2010 12:39 pm
Griffle
(@griffle)
NarniaWeb Nut

I'm glad it worked! Do you have pictures?

I kind of like the dolls in their regular clothes at this point, and I think displaying the crowns in front of them would be really pretty. Could you display the coronation outfits on hangers behind them?

What kind of hangers are we talking about? It wouldn't work with the narrow space of the cabinet I have the dolls in, but it could be an option for displaying them somewhere else.

I don't have any photos, I do have video though. Thought I'd feature that clip in one of my future YouTube video's.

Posted : August 16, 2010 3:19 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

I had in mind hangers like these or these, so that the hangers are more or less the correct size for the clothes.

Posted : August 16, 2010 4:25 am
Griffle
(@griffle)
NarniaWeb Nut

I had in mind hangers like these or these, so that the hangers are more or less the correct size for the clothes.

Yeah, that's what I thought. I'll definitely get a bunch of those. I found some that are hand made in wood, with steel hooks. Will probably get something like that.

Posted : August 21, 2010 1:33 am
AnnasStar2010
(@annasstar2010)
NarniaWeb Nut

Those are so cute! They would be fun to have an play with. They're really expensive though :(

Thanks to Shastafan for the Signature and thanks to lizzyhenley009 for the avatar.

Posted : August 25, 2010 2:43 pm
Griffle
(@griffle)
NarniaWeb Nut

I just remembered that Tonner made a White Witch doll that was sold or given to attendees of the Tonner Doll convention in 2007. I believe that it was made in a limited edition of 250. Now I have to get that doll.

EDIT
Check that! Found it on eBay and bought it. The problem now is; where to put it?

Some photos:

Posted : August 27, 2010 11:23 pm
Griffle
(@griffle)
NarniaWeb Nut

Got it today, and I've solved the problem of where to put it. I moved the Telmarine soldier's mask out of the cabinet it was in. Sure, she's not in scale with the Pevensies, she should be much taller than them, but she looks quite stunning in the light next to them.

Tonner Dolls must be the best company in the world making dolls. (If you count Hot Toys as a company making action figures) The attention to detail is really impressive. Far from screen accurate, but still; impressive. Just take a look at the clothes on their dolls and you'll see what I mean.

Here's a couple of thumbs of the White Witch (Tonner Dolls):

Not totally sure about this, but I don't think the White Witch have her nails painted red in the film. ;)

Posted : September 8, 2010 7:00 am
americangirlemmie
(@americangirlemmie)
NarniaWeb Nut

I have always wanted some of the Narnia and Harry Potter dolls but never got them. Though I think Peter is to tall and Edmund looks girlish... :p

Co-founder - NW for HP & The Missing Club

Posted : October 18, 2010 10:58 am
Anfinwen
(@anfinwen)
NarniaWeb Nut

Where can you actually buy the Narnia dolls? There's no buy now on the Narnia page.

Screen-Shot-2018-10-13-at-1-35-56-PM

Posted : February 1, 2011 9:11 am
Page 3 / 3
Share: