Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] With You Always av/sig/wp set

daughter of the King
(@dot)
Princess Dot Moderator

It all started with an avatar. I couldn't decide whether I liked it better with text or without. So I did both. And then I thought: hey! I think I'll make some matching sigs. And then those turned out so well I decided to make a wallpaper. I only made one version of the wallpaper, but there are two versions of the avatar and signature. Enjoy!

http://s924.photobucket.com/albums/ad87/daughterKing/Narnian%20graphics/wallpapers/?action=view¤t=withyoualwayswp.jpg

Anyone may use. C&CC

ahsokasig
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal

Topic starter Posted : March 18, 2011 9:34 am
Lion's Emblem
(@lions-emblem)
NarniaWeb Guru

A nice graphic and wp set daughter of the King. I have to agree with you, it's hard to decide on whether or not the text should be (or needs to be) included. The imagery itself works really well to convey a message, but on the other hand the text also emphasizes the idea. I absolutely love the image you have choosen for Susan. Her facial expression says so much, her fears and worries (much like how she is depicted in the Narnia books), but Aslan "shall be with you always". Very powerful stuff. It just works so well to have her looking back over her shoulder. When you pair that with the semi-transparent image of Aslan, it's the verge of goosebumps (when you think of Susan not wanting to have anything to do with Narnia, so Aslan, in a sense, is fading for her) On that note, the layout works well on all graphic variations. For the text versions, a great choice of text. It's a superb pairing with the imagery. Nice work on all pieces , a real pleasure to view :) .

Sig by Dernhelm_of_Rohan
NWsis to eves_daughter & ForeverFan

Posted : March 18, 2011 6:03 pm
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Great job, daughter of the King! :) I like the message that this wallpaper & graphics set's bring about, particularly with the two pictures you chose to use. Susan appears to be looking for Aslan's guidance, although she is loosing her faith in Narnia; I feel that somewhere inside she needs his protection, but cannot find it anymore. Aslan, on the other hand, watches over Susan lovingly, never leaving her, even when she forgets of His presence. The words only emphasis the depth and meaning of these emotions and devoted love. The blue color you selected for the background works beautifully, particularly since you faded Aslan, making Him appear to be looking down at Susan from above. Your accompanying graphic sets are lovely as well! I think that in the second set of graphics, the words work nicely, but in the signature, I think if you moved the text to the right a bit more, away from Susan's face, it would be better. I really like the text placement in the avie though! :)

This is a very moving wallpaper and graphics set! Wonderful work!

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

Posted : March 22, 2011 9:54 am
Narnian_Archer
(@narnian_archer)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Wow, really nice! It's very moving...almost made me cry. Both versions are lovely. I love the way Aslan blends with the sky, like a Spirit. It's beautiful, and so true!

sig by Sheroo of Stormness Head
Member of the Dragon club. PM Narnia Girl or FFJ to join.
RL sibling to De_De and wild rose

Posted : March 29, 2011 1:36 am
Share: