Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Queen, Warrior, Child - Lucy Wallpaper

RuralNarniaFan
(@ruralnarniafan)
NarniaWeb Regular

I made this one up the other day, just because I wanted to practice. :P The background is made up of two photographs I took of Indian Hawthorne flowers, combined with a texture I made. The decoration on the background is from this brush set, and the decoration on the top-left is from this set.

Fullscreen (4:3 - 1920x1440)

Widescreen (16:9 - 1920x1080)

You're free to use any wallpaper I make as your desktop background if you want to. Comments and criticism welcome. :)

Spelling Nazi, at your service. ;)
Avatar and signature are my own - will make Narnia graphics on request.

Topic starter Posted : March 20, 2011 3:32 pm
De_De
(@de_de)
NarniaWeb Guru

Very nice Rural! I really like the background

Founder of the Exploring Narnia Club (PM me to join)
Member of the Dragon Club

Posted : March 21, 2011 7:51 am
Milana
(@milana)
NarniaWeb Nut

they're beautiful! I love the pictures you chose to match the words

my graphics: http://milanaop.deviantart.com/

Posted : March 21, 2011 10:47 am
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Ooh, I love this one, Rural! :) It's really beautiful! I love everything about it: the bright magenta colouring, the pics you chose, the words you layered into the background, all the swirls and flourishes, as well as the general layout!

Your cropping for the main/large picture of Georgie is flawless! (how'd you do that?) The three words you chose to describe and tie in the pics are wonderful, as is your selection for the three pics of Lucy! I love how you framed them and the colouring effects for all of them are stunning! It's beautiful how all of the images are blended with the same magenta hues of the background and I love the softness of them. I especially like the way you enhanced the colouring on the large image of Georgie. The tones of her are all amazing: the almost orange/reddish tones in her hair, the purpleness of her eyes, and the the general appearance of her features & her clothes. There's something really neat about the blurred look of the silver bracelet she is wearing as well! :)

Again, I adore the flourish design! :D That combined with all the layers of the background, adds so much beauty and depth to the overall wallie!

This is amazing!

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

Posted : March 21, 2011 12:33 pm
Djaq
 Djaq
(@djaq)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Well done, Ru! :D The colors in this wallpaper are so beautiful! The tones throughout flow together really well, and I love the overall look! The message that is conveyed with all of the pictures and the text is great as well! One thing that I'm not quite sure about is the brightness of the background. It might be a little too much to have it the bright magenta, when you have a large picture of Georgie and three smaller ones throughout. However, I think the blending is flawless, and the textures are great.

Once again, I love the tones of it! I always like seeing your work. Keep it up! :D

~Djaq

When things fall apart, be glue.

Team Hoodie!!

Posted : March 21, 2011 3:37 pm
Share: