Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

The Magician's Nephew: Aslan's quote to Digory Fanart

Blue Jay
(@blue-jay)
NarniaWeb Regular

But please, please - won't you - can't you give me something that will cure Mother?'

Up till then he had been looking at the Lion's great feet and the huge claws on them; now, in his despair, he looked up at its face. What he saw surprised him as much as anything in his whole life. For the tawny face was bent down near his own and (wonder of wonders) great shining tears stood in the Lion's eyes. They were such big, bright tears compared with Digory's own that for a moment he felt as if the Lion must really be sorrier about his Mother than he was himself.

'My son, my son,' said Aslan. 'I know. Grief is great.

I drew this after I read this quote. Originally sketched it and inked it in a sketchbook but digitalized it moments ago. It really stuck out to me, thinking about the characteristic of God being a caring Father with actual FEELINGS. That is where the significance of this scene got me.

“Auntie, why was there a nurse living in our walls?"
- Random Personal Book Quote

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 2, 2022 4:58 pm
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

@blue-jay, I really loved your art. It's quite simple and minimalistic but conveys the deep meaning of the quote. The way you drew the mane and the tears actually looks quite ornamental. It's beautiful. Good work

always be humble and kind

ReplyQuote
Posted : September 11, 2022 2:44 am
Share: