(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

right panel detail

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 24, 2023 8:29 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

An illustrated Trufflehunter quote, in the Harry Potter Hufflepuff House colors (because the Badger is their mascot). Marker work, 2017.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 26, 2023 3:39 am
coracle liked
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Acrylic painting of Digory, Polly, and Jadis in the ruins of Charn. 2017.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : February 27, 2023 6:13 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Hey, I'm back from my trip and can reach the home computer files again, so this thread's gonna be coming to life! ^_^

Illustrated the fairytales quote with markers, 2017.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 10, 2023 10:25 pm
Sir Cabbage
(@sir-cabbage)
NarniaWeb Regular

Lovely variety here! I like your typography on the last pic – writing's important too in an illustration! 😀

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 18, 2023 11:11 am
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@sir-cabbage Oh thank you! ^_^

And I am glad somebody came by to enjoy my things. <3

I'll have to upload again soon.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 21, 2023 10:33 pm
Quinlin
(@quinlin)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Goodness, these are so well done! Really love the one of Jill in Aslan's country (so bright and inviting), the ship wheel, the charm of fluffy Reep, and Trufflehunter. Applause

These make me want to dig out my old Narnia drawings...there's something so uplifting and calming about creating art inspired by the series. I do hope you keep it up. 

This post was modified 1 year ago by Quinlin

We have nothing, if not belief.
—C.S. Lewis

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2023 10:06 am
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@silverlily I've just treated myself to a scroll through these. Thank you for sharing them! Several really appealed to me, and I admired others. Applause  

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2023 9:44 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

Thank you @quinlin , @coracle !

It is really so encouraging to know that these are still bringing folks joy.

I have a couple more in my backlog to upload still before this becomes an update-as-created thread, but I literally can't yet because my relevant files are all stored on a desktop which is currently down for maintenance, and I'm posting from my phone! Just letting you know though, I still mean it when I say coming soon...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 29, 2023 9:55 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

@silverlily I'm no artist, and generally stick to words instead. I hope you don't mind, but I have sent a copy of the hedgehog picture to my niece (aka Tiggy on a previous version of Narniaweb). She won't share it further. 

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2023 10:12 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@coracle that's totally fine. In general my policy is I don't mind if folks share my things as long as they credit me appropriately, do so on private channels rather than re-posting to public sites, and don't do it for financial gain. Public site re-posting where I am thoroughly credited and I either don't have an account on that platform or was under a name I don't circulate well and they couldn't find me is a case by case basis, using my art as a basis for other art (blends, photo-manipulations, extremely detailed referencing/copying, or using in a prompt-set for AI generators) feels like a *super* uncomfortable scenario even if unpaid but I am down to discuss if someone will bother to *ask me first.* But private sharing with a family member is thoroughly in my comfort zone.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 29, 2023 10:19 pm
coracle
(@coracle)

@silverlily Thank-you. I told her I hadn't got your permission yet, and I know she's trustworthy. We use a private chat service set up within the family. 

ReplyQuote
Posted : April 29, 2023 10:26 pm
Silverlily
(@silverlily)
NarniaWeb Junkie

@coracle Good to know. <3

The internet can be a strange new world for artists, especially when it comes to retaining control of your creative products. But I'm glad at least that it means I get to share good things with people more easily.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : April 29, 2023 10:31 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share: