Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Prince Rilian and the Green Witch - AI generated

Cobalt Jade
(@cobalt-jade)
NarniaWeb Nut

Some AI art I created. I like the look of the classic Renaissance painters so I modeled the characters on Titian, DaVinci, and Rubens. (fixed for links)

Rilian

The Green Witch

This topic was modified 9 months ago 6 times by Cobalt Jade
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : July 25, 2023 12:48 pm
Cleander liked
icarus
(@icarus)
NarniaWeb Guru

The images don't work for me unfortunately... I tried going to the source URL but those were denied too.

Edit: I can now see them. I guess when it comes to AI art I'm not really sure how I am supposed to be evaluating them, since there is no human element of artistry to them.

When it comes to these, I guess my main feedback would be that they need to be more "Narnian".

Like if you told me these were paintings of characters from Arthurian legend I would probably say "sure" and if you told me these were real historical paintings of real historical individuals, I would probably also say "ok".

I feel they need that extra little bit of "something" to make them leap out as LotGK and Rilian respectively.

ReplyQuote
Posted : July 25, 2023 1:58 pm
Cleander liked
Cobalt Jade
(@cobalt-jade)
NarniaWeb Nut

Yes, the problem with AI is that even though you can give it specifics in the text, it will give back only makes sense to it as a computer program. It's not a human mind. How many times I told it to make a mandolin, only to get an acoustic guitar. Other elements of the story, like a woman changing into a snake, are completely beyond it right now.

Here's another in a Medieval style that shows Rilian and the witch together. She looks like she's hypnotizing him.

Plus, with most AI images you always need to do some editing in photoshop or another program for weird glitches and artifacts.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : August 12, 2023 10:57 am
Cleander liked
Cleander
(@the-mad-poet-himself)
NarniaWeb Guru

These look awesome! While I agree with the assessment that they should look more Narnian, I imagine this is similar to the kind of art that may have inspired Lewis.

PM me to join the Search for the Seven Swords!
Co-founder of the newly restored Edmund Club!
Did I mention I have a YouTube Channel?: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCeuUaOTFts5BQV3c-CPlo_g
Check out my site: https://madpoetscave.weebly.com

signature by aileth

ReplyQuote
Posted : August 12, 2023 2:54 pm
Share: