Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Music: BBC Narnia intro  

RSS
rosella
(@rosella)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I can see that most people add poems and drawings here, but music is also art. I would like to share with you my tribute to Narnia: the theme from the nostalgic BBC series which introduced me to this world. This is my harp cover:

Posted : October 12, 2020 12:15 pm
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator

Hi, rosella,

Music is truly a form of art as well. I loved your cover. It's so beautiful. You are very talented. How long have you been playing the harp?

Β 

The ends must never justify the means, the means must justify themselves--Ravi Zacharias
sig by Meltintalle

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 12, 2020 10:14 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
Member Friend of NarniaWeb

That's just wonderful, Rosella! Smile The BBC series wasn't my first intro to Narnia β€” I had read the books before it first aired on TV, but not very long before β€” but it was such a part of my childhood that I always think of the music as "the" Narnia theme. You've done a beautiful rendition of it. Thank you for sharing that with us!

By the way, I'm just wondering about your username β€” are you from Australia?

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 3:51 am
Ryadian liked
rosella
(@rosella)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Thanks a lot for the feedback! πŸ™‚

@wild-rose I started playing the harp thirteen years ago.

@courtenayΒ  I agree with you: this is the sound of Narnia (even though I love the music in the Walden Media movies as well). I'm from Norway, not Australia. πŸ™‚

This post was modified 2 weeks ago by rosella
ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 2:18 pm
Courtenay liked
Ryadian
(@ryadian)
Member Moderator

That was beautiful, Rosella! πŸ™‚ I echo Courtenay's statement about the BBC Narnia theme being "the" Narnia theme, in my mind. Hearing it played on the harp brought an extra level of beauty. I can almost imagine a naiad or dryad by their stream or in their wood, playing this song. πŸ™‚

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 4:06 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
Member Friend of NarniaWeb
Posted by: @rosella

@courtenayΒ  I agree with you: this is the sound of Narnia (even though I love the music in the Walden Media movies as well). I'm from Norway, not Australia. πŸ™‚

I see. It was just that I'm Australian (I now live in the UK) and a rosella is a beautiful Australian parrot! Smile Β 

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2020 9:29 am
rosella
(@rosella)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@ryadian Thanks! I like that description a lot. πŸ˜€

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2020 11:47 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Very beautiful, Rosella! Thank you for sharing!

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2020 9:08 am
Share: