Forum

Share:
Notifications
Clear all

Music: BBC Narnia intro

rosella
(@rosella)
NarniaWeb Newbie

I can see that most people add poems and drawings here, but music is also art. I would like to share with you my tribute to Narnia: the theme from the nostalgic BBC series which introduced me to this world. This is my harp cover:

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 12, 2020 12:15 pm
wild rose
(@wild-rose)
Member Moderator Emeritus

Hi, rosella,

Music is truly a form of art as well. I loved your cover. It's so beautiful. You are very talented. How long have you been playing the harp?

always be humble and kind

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 12, 2020 10:14 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee

That's just wonderful, Rosella! Smile The BBC series wasn't my first intro to Narnia — I had read the books before it first aired on TV, but not very long before — but it was such a part of my childhood that I always think of the music as "the" Narnia theme. You've done a beautiful rendition of it. Thank you for sharing that with us!

By the way, I'm just wondering about your username — are you from Australia?

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 3:51 am
Ryadian liked
rosella
(@rosella)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Thanks a lot for the feedback! 🙂

@wild-rose I started playing the harp thirteen years ago.

@courtenay  I agree with you: this is the sound of Narnia (even though I love the music in the Walden Media movies as well). I'm from Norway, not Australia. 🙂

This post was modified 3 years ago by rosella
ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 13, 2020 2:18 pm
Courtenay liked
Ryadian
(@rya)
Member Moderator

That was beautiful, Rosella! 🙂 I echo Courtenay's statement about the BBC Narnia theme being "the" Narnia theme, in my mind. Hearing it played on the harp brought an extra level of beauty. I can almost imagine a naiad or dryad by their stream or in their wood, playing this song. 🙂

N-Web sis of stardf, _Rillian_, & jerenda
Proud to be Sirya the Madcap Siren

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 13, 2020 4:06 pm
Courtenay
(@courtenay)
NarniaWeb Fanatic Hospitality Committee
Posted by: @rosella

@courtenay  I agree with you: this is the sound of Narnia (even though I love the music in the Walden Media movies as well). I'm from Norway, not Australia. 🙂

I see. It was just that I'm Australian (I now live in the UK) and a rosella is a beautiful Australian parrot! Smile  

"Now you are a lioness," said Aslan. "And now all Narnia will be renewed."
(Prince Caspian)

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 14, 2020 9:29 am
rosella
(@rosella)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@ryadian Thanks! I like that description a lot. 😀

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 14, 2020 11:47 am
Meltintalle
(@mel)
Member Moderator

Very beautiful, Rosella! Thank you for sharing!

We have hands that fashion and heads that know,
But our hearts we lost - how long ago! -- G. K. Chesterton

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 15, 2020 9:08 am
johobbit
(@jo)
SO mod; WC captain Moderator

@rosella, your cover of the BBC Narnia theme is so beautiful! Well done, indeed! Thank you for the privilege of hearing you play such a memorable and loved piece.

Posted by: @courtenay

it was such a part of my childhood that I always think of the music as "the" Narnia theme.

Posted by: @ryadian

I echo Courtenay's statement about the BBC Narnia theme being "the" Narnia theme, in my mind. Hearing it played on the harp brought an extra level of beauty

Hear-hear! I agree. The BBC theme will always be Narnia for me. ♥

Signature by Narnian_Badger, thanks! (2013)
7,237 posts from Forum 1.0

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 29, 2020 12:13 pm
Narnian78 liked
coracle
(@coracle)
NarniaWeb's Auntie Moderator

@rosella I listened again this morning, and felt grateful.

There, shining in the sunrise, larger than they had seen him before, shaking his mane (for it had apparently grown again) stood Aslan himself.
"...when a willing victim who had committed no treachery was killed in a traitor's stead, the Table would crack and Death itself would start working backwards."

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 29, 2020 12:56 pm
rosella
(@rosella)
NarniaWeb Newbie

@coracle I'm so happy to hear it! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter Posted : October 29, 2020 2:24 pm
Narnian78
(@narnian78)
NarniaWeb Guru

I always loved the BBC Narnia’s music by Geoffrey Burgon.  It is wonderful and sounds great on instruments such as the harp.  Thanks so much for posting this video!  🙂

ReplyQuote
Posted : October 31, 2020 1:10 pm
Sir Cabbage
(@sir-cabbage)
NarniaWeb Regular

What a lovely rendition of this piece! Really nicely done and very different. 🙂 I have to repeat what others have said that this is the Narnia theme to me. (To be honest, I can't even remember how the music goes in the Walden films!)

ReplyQuote
Posted : February 23, 2021 10:39 am
Courtenay liked
Geekicheep
(@geekicheep)
NarniaWeb Nut

I can definitely remember the music in the Walden version, and love it, but I agree - THIS is Narnia!  This is the theme I grew up with, and Rosella did a phenomenal job of re-creating it!  My mom plays the harp, and I always enjoy listening to hear and playing or singing along... I wonder if I can convince her to learn this? 😀

Seriously though, @rosella, thank you SO much for sharing!  I've already listened to it like 4 times, and I only clicked on the link like ten minutes ago.

Yes, I'm a mouse... I mean, a geek!

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 8, 2021 3:59 pm
rosella liked
KingEdTheJust
(@kingedthejust)
NarniaWeb Nut

I grew up with the Walden Music and I loved it. I loved the tune and the song of the battle. However, I have recently watched BBC Narnia with my siblings and the music is very beautiful as well. This cover for it is amazing and I have to say it does add depth and makes a new meaning to the Narnia music.  @rosella, Thanks for sharing! 

"But even a traitor may mend. I have known one that did." - (King Edmund the Just, Horse and his Boy)

ReplyQuote
Posted : March 23, 2021 8:04 pm
Share: