Share:
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Got Questions? Find Answers!

Page 20 / 22
Tarkheena
(@tarkheena)
NarniaWeb Nut

Yup, that's exactly the way I resize. It typically only blurs the image if I'm making it small enough for an avvie, but that's one of the main reasons I resize anything, so its annoying. :|

avvie & sig by me

Team Hoodie!!!
Hoot Owl Of NarniaWeb

Posted : December 11, 2011 1:03 pm
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Thank-you so much for the tip and the link, Adeona. I've been wondering what the layer mask was, so I guess this will be a good time to find out. ;)) I will save the link and check it out, thank-you so much!

I have another question, related to GIMP. While on an animation tutorial, I saw that on gimp.org, they mentioned GAP-the gimp animation program, and I saw it can be downloaded onto gimp 2.6. Is it legally free to download, and if so, where can I find it? And, if all works out, will having GAP alter the normal graphic-making tool GIMP is? Thanks in advance. :)

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Posted : December 28, 2011 10:41 am
flambeau
(@flambeau)
A Concerned Third Party Moderator Emeritus

I have another question, related to GIMP. While on an animation tutorial, I saw that on gimp.org, they mentioned GAP-the gimp animation program, and I saw it can be downloaded onto gimp 2.6. Is it legally free to download, and if so, where can I find it?

Yes, it is legally free to download, and you can get the download link from this page on the official Gimp website (scroll down past where it says "Source for version 2.6." Click on the link after "GAP (the GIMP Animation Package) for GIMP 2.6 and above is available at... [link]").

And, if all works out, will having GAP alter the normal graphic-making tool GIMP is?

It shouldn't alter any of the normal Gimp functions, no.

Hope this helps! :)

--- flambeau

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me

Posted : December 28, 2011 1:39 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)
The Wandering, Wild & Welcoming Winged Wolf Hospitality Committee

I have another question, related to GIMP. While on an animation tutorial, I saw that on gimp.org, they mentioned GAP-the gimp animation program, and I saw it can be downloaded onto gimp 2.6. Is it legally free to download, and if so, where can I find it?

Yes, it is legally free to download, and you can get the download link from this page on the official Gimp website (scroll down past where it says "Source for version 2.6." Click on the link after "GAP (the GIMP Animation Package) for GIMP 2.6 and above is available at... [link]").

I just noticed this today as well when I updated my GIMP, will it (GAP) work on Windows? (Specifically Win 7 x64)

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : December 28, 2011 1:52 pm
flambeau
(@flambeau)

@ Wolf, as far as I know, the GAP plug-in is compatible with Windows. I have Gimp 2.4 and GAP installed on my Windows computer, but it's quite a bit older than Win7. The best way to find out for sure would be to try it, I suppose.

--- flambeau

Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me

Posted : December 28, 2011 1:59 pm
Aslanisthebest
(@aslanisthebest)
NarniaWeb Fanatic

*has Windows and hopes it will work*

Thank-you for that very helpful reply, flam, I really, really appreciate it! I can't wait to download it and use it! :D

RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia

Posted : December 28, 2011 3:05 pm
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

Well it downloaded and nothing crashed yet ;))

Thanks Flambeau

I don't suppose the GIMP site has a tutorials forum does it? Or a list of tutorials in general?

"The mountains are calling and I must go, and I will work on while I can, studying incessantly." -John Muir
"Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed." -Richard Adams, Watership Down

Posted : December 28, 2011 3:24 pm
flambeau
(@flambeau)

No problem, guys. :)

What kind of tutorials are you looking for, wolfy?

--- flambeau

Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me

Posted : December 28, 2011 3:31 pm
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

Okay, I have a question about Animated Avatars:

Once I make an avatar, even though it's 100 x 100 and even if it's short, alot of the time it's too big to use, it's WAY over 100kb. How do I cut down on those?

"...when my heart is overwhwlemed, lead me to the Rock that is higher than I."
-Pslam 61:2

Posted : February 28, 2012 6:31 am
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

It depends on what kind of file you have, and how you made it. You need to cut down on the file size, which can be done in a few different ways. Here's a tutorial I wrote for Photoshop, but some of the basic ideas should translate over into whatever program you're using.

http://www.spareoom.net/tutorials/anima ... lesize.php

Just play around and you should be able to figure it out. :)

Spareoom.net

Posted : March 9, 2012 7:09 am
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

Okay, I looked at the tutorials, but I still have one more question. (sorry about that )

Referring in your tutorial to #4: Minimize clip's actual size.

If I've got a avatar that's too big and I don't want to reduce frames, layers OR quality, if my effects will allow it, I'll just link all of the layers and then use the Bounding or Transform Box to scale the clip down.

I don't use Photoshop, I use iWisoft Free Video Converter to convert my clip into a 100x100 .gif, then use Gimp to trim and adjust lighting and such.

How do you use a Bounding Box? I've tried adding a frame into my layers, but all it does is add another image: the frame.

How would you do this?

Thank you!

Posted : March 9, 2012 7:33 am
wolfloversk
(@wolfloversk)

@flam sorry this took forever

Just some general use stuff I guess... Knowing what all these buttons do would be helpful :P

Posted : March 11, 2012 8:40 am
AslansChild
(@aslanschild)
NarniaWeb Nut

Uh, quick question: In GIMP, my clone brush won't work. I think at some point I may have unchecked something by accident in the tool options, but I have not idea what. Any suggestions?

Posted : March 31, 2012 9:01 am
Aurora
(@aurora)
NarniaWeb Regular

*Siddles in feeling a little foolish*

Due to a large amount of time passage since the last time I have even opened GIMP, I have largely forgotten how to work it. Could someone kindly give me a tutorial as to how to do rounded corners in the GIMP please? I understand you need to feather it and create a duplicate layer and delete a layer although I'm unsure of the order?! Many thanks! :D

Uh, quick question: In GIMP, my clone brush won't work. I think at some point I may have unchecked something by accident in the tool options, but I have not idea what. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately I have never used the clone brush. Will its function be affected by its opacity? :-

Posted : September 17, 2012 11:43 am
flambeau
(@flambeau)

@ Aurora, here's a link to a tutorial that might help. Let me know if you have any questions.

AslansChild, are you still having a problem with your Clone tool?

@ Wolfy, dunno if you're still looking for tutorials, but here's a link to the tutorial section on the Gimp website. May not be what you're looking for, but might be worth taking a look at.

--- flambeau

Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me

Posted : September 17, 2012 3:43 pm
Page 20 / 22
Share: