Caelyn
(@caelyn)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Some old avvies from me:

Posted : September 5, 2009 1:35 pm
Gymfan15
(@gymfan15)
NarniaWeb Podcaster Moderator Emeritus

Here's a few of my animated avatars...I've found that when you post a bunch of animated gifs together, they tend to cancel each other out, so I'm only posting five. :p

. . . . .. . . . .
. . . . .

You can find a bunch more of these here. :)

All credits and resources can be found here

Spareoom.net

Topic starter Posted : September 5, 2009 6:43 pm
malkah
(@malkah)
NarniaWeb Guru

Hello everyone! I'm brand new to Narniaweb, although I've been a lurker for awhile, especially in the Fan Art section. Everyone's avatars are absolutely stunning!

Here's a few of mine. GIMP and graphics-making are relatively new (and confusing!) to me, so constructive criticism is highly appreciated!

the light after the storm
shows that hope was never gone

Snow After Fire graphics

Posted : September 5, 2009 7:23 pm
Narniafan30
(@narniafan30)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Sadly can't comment on everyone's post, but awesome work everyone

malkah: Beautiful work on all three avvies my faves are 1 & 3 :)

Some oldies from the old NW ;)

Posted : September 5, 2009 9:52 pm
NothinButNarnia
(@nothinbutnarnia)
NarniaWeb Regular

malkah: love your coloring!
NarniaFanawesome job, love the ones you used from the poster

Here are a few I made today:

av / sig by me, PM if you want one
saw the movie opening weekend and cried at the end!
Jesus DIED for ME and YOU!

Posted : September 6, 2009 6:54 am
Djaq
 Djaq
(@djaq)
Member Moderator Emeritus

I'm finally making it in here! :D

Gorgeous work everyone! It's great to see graphics from you all!

malkah, first of all, welcome to NarniaWeb!! :D Secondly, those avatars are beautiful!! They are truly lovely! My favorites are 1 and 3!

NF30, great work! I love the images that you used in the first three! :) My favorites are 3, 6 and 10!

Nothin, awesome job! I love the coloring on them! My favorites are 1, 5 (!!) and 6!!

Here are some from me. :) I posted some of these on the last page of the old thread, so here they are again.

I used bases from spareoom.net on many of these. ;)

Anyone can use. Credit is nice, but not required. :)

~Djaq

When things fall apart, be glue.

Team Hoodie!!

Posted : September 6, 2009 10:33 am
Follower of Aslan
(@follower-of-aslan)
NarniaWeb Nut

NF30 - Can you PM me the original picture for the last two of concept art/ drawings? (I think it'd Ed, right?) Thanks!

NothingButNarnia (do you have a nickname?) - I love your text on all of them! ;)

Djaq - Your brushes and textures are great! Interesting effect on the third.

A few stragglers from me:

The *official First Follower of Aslan
Keeper of Susan's Grey Coat.
Avy:Badger
Sig:Beautiful_ltdwn

Posted : September 6, 2009 10:51 am
hyaline12
(@hyaline12)
NarniaWeb Nut

everyone's are beautiful! great job!

here are some of my favourites from the last few years (plus 2 new ones at the end):

anyone may use with credit!

My LJ!

Posted : September 6, 2009 12:28 pm
TheChronicler
(@thechronicler)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Thanks for all the comments!

Since I've been busy and don't have any new avatars, here's my favorite old avatars of the cast... comments and credit are awesome :D

therinca: I love the faded coloring on #1-2 and the bright coloring on the last ones! My favs are #2 and #5.

Caelyn: Lovely work :) In your 1st post, I really like how you did the text on #1. In your 2nd post, my favs are #1, #3, and #4.

NothinButNarnia: In your 1st post, awesome use of textures, and I love the text on #7... my favs are #4, #6, #7, and #9! In your 2nd post, I love the circle cropping of #5, and great choice of text on all of them... my favs are #1, #5, and #6.

greenleaf23: I can't see them :-s

Gymfan15: Absolutely amazing work... I love them all The text on #1 is perfect :p

malkah: Beautiful coloring... my favs are #1 and #2! I think you're doing great, but there is a tutorial thread in this section of the forum... I go there all the time. And welcome to NarniaWeb

Narniafan30: Fabulous cropping... my favs are #1, #2, #7, and #9, and #12!

Djaq: Stunning coloring... my favs are #1, #4, #6, and #7

Follower of Aslan: I love your b/w coloirng... my favs are #1, #4, and #5!

hyaline12: Gorgeous... I love your use of textures :D My favs are #1, #2, #9, #12, #17, and #20.

Av/Sig:Me

Posted : September 6, 2009 12:41 pm
Caelyn
(@caelyn)
NarniaWeb Newbie

No time to comment individually, but fantastic work everyone!

The coloring on this seems off to me...again. It seems a little orange.

Posted : September 7, 2009 8:21 am
Follower of Aslan
(@follower-of-aslan)
NarniaWeb Nut

hyaline! It's great to see some stuff from you! I love 8, 9, and 10 - the coloring on 9 and the cropping on the other two. Wonderful text also. 15, 16, 17, and 18 have great designs of text. And the last two are great designs, I just wish there was a bit more color or texture.

Chronicler! As usual, your stuff is fantastic! 5, 6, and 7 are great ones of Anna, and the tenth of Georgie is beautiful! *saves* The 12th of Skander is good deisgn, good cropping, good brush(es). 14, and 15 of Will are well done also - *saves 14* Great cropping on it!

The *official First Follower of Aslan
Keeper of Susan's Grey Coat.
Avy:Badger
Sig:Beautiful_ltdwn

Posted : September 7, 2009 11:37 am
Rising_Star
(@rising_star)
NarniaWeb Guru

Everyone's doing beautifully! I don't have time to comment on them all, but they're gorgeous. :D

I watched LWW the other day and suddenly got inspired to make LWW graphics. That never, ever happens, so I was surprised but happy. So here's the finished product (some of them at least, since I'm sure I'll make more in the near future.) Anyone can use.

EDIT: These are made from bases that I got at spareoom.net

P.S."Brooklyn!"

BeautyLikeNight's Graphics
My book: The Blind Traveler

Posted : September 7, 2009 3:05 pm
Wunderkind_Lucy
(@wunderkind_lucy)
A Magnet for All Kinds of Deeper Wunderment Hospitality Committee

Time to catch up on comments! Looking good!

page 2

@starkat: Nice job on those two.

@TC: Love the coloring on #8! That was definitely one of my favs of yours!

@therinca: Love the coloring on #5. The contrast between the blue and his armor is awesome!

@Caelyn: 1st post: Love the coloring and tiny text on #2! 2nd post: Love #3! The text and image go perfectly!

@Gymfan: Nice animated ones!

@NBN: Cool texture use in #10!

@greenleaf23: I can't see any of your avies! :(

page 3

@malkah: Welcome to NW! My favorite is #1. I love the simple coloring. The light texture is a nice touch as well!

@nf30: Love the image you used in #10!

@NBN: The vibrant coloring in #5 is lovely! And the circle is a nice touch!

@Djaq: Nice vintage look in #5!

@Follower: I like the B&W ones! It always nice to have a bit of change from color! And I'll try to get the avies that you requested done in the next few days.

@hyaline: Love the coloring on #17! Could you do a tutorial on it?

@TC: I adore the coloring on #14! And I love the James MacAvoy one! We don't see too much fan art of him!

@Caelyn: I like how the fire turned out! It looks so bright!

@RS: Love #6! The texture(?) you used looks cool!

Here's a few from me!

700th avie!!!!!!!!!!!

~Wunder

"The task of the modern educator is not to cut down jungles but to irrigate deserts." ~ C. S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man
Forum 1.0: 1303 posts
WC: 42

Posted : September 7, 2009 4:21 pm
TheChronicler
(@thechronicler)
NarniaWeb Newbie

Thanks for the comments :D

Caeyln: Great use of the pic and text, and I really like how the flames in the background look :) ... the coloring looks just fine to me and the pics from that scene are pretty orange to begin with.

Rising_Star: Beautiful work!!! Excellent job on the coloring and cropping... my favs are #1, #5. #6, #8, #14, and #15.

Wunderkind_Lucy: Gorgeous coloring especially on #1, and I like how you outlined Susan in white in #3 and the effects on #4-5 is cool! Congratulations on your 700th avie I really should count mine sometime... I have no idea how many I've made :p

Av/Sig:Me

Posted : September 7, 2009 5:20 pm
flambeau
(@flambeau)
A Concerned Third Party Moderator Emeritus

Thank you all for the comments!!

@ H.M., I just posted the text texture that you requested in the first brush pack in this post.
To do bold text in your post simply type out this (without the spaces): [ B ] your text here [ / B ]
I hope that helps! :)

Page #2...

Kate, beautiful work! I love #2 and 3! May I ask what image you used in #2?
H.M., great avi! I love the design! I really like the light texture on the right side!
WunderLu, #3 is simply lovely! I absolutely love the coloring! Great designs on all of them!
starkat, #1 is excellent! I love the text you chose!
TC, lovely batch! My favorites are #1, 2, 7, 8, 10, 11, and 12! Wonderful coloring and textures!
therinca, beautiful coloring! My favorites are #1, 4, and 5!
Caelyn, first post: lovely avies! I love the coloring on #2! Lucy looks so fierce in #1! Second post: I love them! My favorites are #1, 3, 4, and 5! Wonderful text and coloring!
Nothin, those are great! My favorites are #4, 6, 7, and 11! Great textures and brushes!!
greenleaf, umm, I can't see yours. :- Do you have any idea what's wrong?
Gymfan, awesome animated avies! You do them so well! My favorites are #2, 3, and 5!

Page #3...

malkah, welcome to NarniaWeb! Excellent work! My favorites are #2 and 3! Wonderful coloring! I hope to see more of your work in the future! :)
NF30, great batch! My favorites are #1, 2, 10, 11, and 12! Great cropping!
Nothin, pretty avies! My favorites are #1, 5, and 6! Great design on #5!
Djaq, wonderful work (as always)! My favorites are #1, 2, 5, 7, 8, and 9! Excellent text, textures, and cropping!
Follower, I love #4! The cropping, shading, and text are wonderful!
hyaline, beautiful work! My favorites are #2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, and 19! (that's a lot!) Great job!
TC, I love the coloring! My favorites are #2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 10, and 13!
Caelyn, I don't think the coloring looks odd at all! Great cropping and text!
Ryan, lovely batch! My favorites are #3, 5, 7, 9, 13, 14, 18, and 19! Wonderful coloring!
WunderLu, congratulations on the 700th avi! I love #2! Amazing coloring on that one!

Here's a few from me...

Anyone can use with credit. C&CC welcome.

--- flambeau

President of the Manalive Conspiracy
Founder of Team Hoodie
Icon by me

Posted : September 7, 2009 6:29 pm
Page 3 / 98
Share: